Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

8th Region Outlook

Featured Replies

2010-2011 will be another interesting season, and predicting outcomes is a treacherous undertaking. Yep, the regular season and region tourney will be wide-open - but that's as far out on a limb as I am willing to go. Answers are tough to come up with, but here are some critical questions:

 

??? Will the young veterans from Anderson Co. be able to pull it off again to repeat, and IF so, will it begin a run to lasts for three or four seasons?

??? Can brand-new Collins High School meet the challenge and dethrone the Lady Cats and win the district in the first year of its existence?

??? Up north, will steadily improving Walton-Verona overcome their nerves and the successful run of Simon Kenton the last few years to cut down the nets?

??? Will the significant progress and improvement of Owen Co. be offset by Gallitin Co., Carroll Co. and/or Henry Co. in their topsy-turvy district - to be played at Gallatin this year?

??? Can South Oldham be challenged this year by North Oldham, Oldham Co. or Trimble Co., or is it just a race to see who will come in second?

 

Conclusion: No prohibitive pre-season favorite in the 8th region. It could be the year that an "A" school (W-V or Owen) goes to Diddle from the 8th - it's possible but not probable.

  • Replies 98
  • Views 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way too early to be talking region rankings, but right now, everyone is looking up at Anderson County. What AC did with an awful lot of REALLY YOUNG kids last year was impressive, indeed.

 

If I had to rank now, my top three would be...

 

Anderson County

Walton-Verona

South Oldham

That looks like a good starting point. All three have a shot at winning the 8th.

I may be a little partial, but it's hard not to say Anderson is the favorite going into things.

I agree. They are the defending champs with alot of young talent.

Edited by madman
spelling

I would have to say Anderson as well.

I may be a little partial, but it's hard not to say Anderson is the favorite going into things.

 

I think you are partial :lol: but that's OK - you're also right!

 

In fact, I would say Anderson is a VERY solid favorite right now, although W-V and South are certainly very solid contenders.

Way too early to be talking region rankings, but right now, everyone is looking up at Anderson County. What AC did with an awful lot of REALLY YOUNG kids last year was impressive, indeed.

 

If I had to rank now, my top three would be...

 

Anderson County

Walton-Verona

South Oldham

 

I agree with your top three. It should be a very exciting year again in the 8th.

Any change in opinions since the addition of Taulbee at Walton?

  • Author
Any change in opinions since the addition of Taulbee at Walton?

 

Can anybody elaborate on this and enlighten uninformed soul like myself? Who, what, when, how, etc.??? The region hasn't seemed to have had much in the way of transfer players who have had a major impact in recent years, so what's up with this???

I agree with the top three as preseason Anderson, WV, and South Oldham. My sleeper in the 8th will be Owen County. Should be a great year for competitive basketball in the 8th.

Can anybody elaborate on this and enlighten uninformed soul like myself? Who, what, when, how, etc.??? The region hasn't seemed to have had much in the way of transfer players who have had a major impact in recent years, so what's up with this???
No problem. Transfer from Conner great shooter above average ball handler very hard worker. She really upgrades the talent level of the team as a whole.
No problem. Transfer from Conner great shooter above average ball handler very hard worker. She really upgrades the talent level of the team as a whole.

 

I agree with you.

 

Taulbee and Slavey on each side will make WV very hard to guard because these two are very good shooters.

I agree with you.

 

Taulbee and Slavey on each side will make WV very hard to guard because these two are very good shooters.

I assume you mean for the 2011-2012 season? Her chances of being eligable for this season are slim.
I assume you mean for the 2011-2012 season? Her chances of being eligable for this season are slim.

 

Her family has made a residence move and should be ruled eligible by the KHSAA before October of this year.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.