A Breitbart Video of NAACP Bigotry In Their Ranks

Don't know a thing about ThinkProgress ... never been on the website and have never paid any attention to anything they've written.
Well, it's been talked about on here, don't understand how you missed that. You're usually all over unfairness...

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I'm trying to understand.

I thought that the purpose of the thread was to show racial (emphasis mine) bigotry among the ranks of the NAACP with the 2-minute video snippet.

Now I'm to believe that never was the issue at all. It is and always was about something called "economic bigotry".

Sorry, my gullet isn't big snough to swallow that one.

I started the thread and never said it was about economic bigotry. That said, i do agree with the point Fastbreak made.

Westsider that is EXACTLY what the Nazi's did in Germany prior to WWII. If you promote one group because of ethnicity, religion, etc, then you are naturally against the others. The Democrats are not for the Republicans (except Joe Lieberman previously), and the Republicans are not for the Democrats. It's just the way it is. If you are a member of the NRA, you are not for gun control.
Nazi references get you nowhere here ...

Kind of like how the left wants to portray the TEA Party... It fits their political agenda... No matter how biased...

I think people on here, including myself, were saying that there's as much racism in the NAACP as there is in the Tea Party. In other words, both have racist members but that doesn't make the organization as a whole racist. Oddly enough, I don't see you defending the Tea Party in the same light. :idunno:
I have said in the past that there are elements of the Tea Party that exhibit racism ... we have seen the banners and heard the taunts that surely indicate that.

I'm not disputing the claim that the NAACP has some racism among its membership, but where is the evidence of it?

That's just me ... I like to evaluate the evidence before making a judgment, not picking and choosing which evidence fits my pre-conceived notion of things.

Well, it's been talked about on here, don't understand how you missed that. You're usually all over unfairness...
I make a point not to put much stock into obviously biased political websites, unlike some others here ... on this forum, I usually just respond to the comments posted here.

Nazi references get you nowhere here ...

Not done for shock value, but as the truth. You keep believing everybody is for everybody and nobody has an agenda........................

Every group has an agenda or they would not exist. Tea Partiers do, the NAACP does, etc.

I have said in the past that there are elements of the Tea Party that exhibit racism ... we have seen the banners and heard the taunts that surely indicate that.

I'm not disputing that the NAACP has some racism among its membership, but where is the evidence of it?

But you've never taken their side and condemned those that paint the organization as racist. At least, not that I can recall. One reason you don't see it is the media doesn't rush to their meetings constantly looking for something negative to report like they do with the Tea Party. Another reason is you don't have people infiltrating the NAACP with phony members for political reasons. It's all about politics. You yourself believes the Tea Party was created mainly because Obama was elected, which at the very least, hints you think it's about race.

I make a point not to put much stock into obviously biased political websites, unlike some others here ... on this forum, I usually just respond to the comments posted here.
1. I didn't get it from a biased political website.

2. There were comments made about the ThinkProgress video that seems to have gone ignored... but at least not by everyone....

I started the thread and never said it was about economic bigotry. That said, i do agree with the point Fastbreak made.

I guess if I had a one-legged horse, I'd still try to ride him for all he was worth.:D

I could certainly be wrong, but I thought that Breibart sold the videos to FoxNews and that is how they were released?

Yep... You're wrong...

Fox seems to imply (and take some credit for) that the firing came after the video was shown on Fox.

The Agriculture Department announced Monday, shortly after FoxNews.com published its initial report on the video, that Sherrod had resigned.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/07/19/clip-shows-usda-official-admitting-withheld-help-white-farmer/

But you've never taken their side and condemned those that paint the organization as racist.
I didn't say I agreed with them, either.

Has anybody on this site made the claim that the Tea Party is inherently racist?

You yourself believes the Tea Party was created mainly because Obama was elected, which at the very least, hints you think it's about race.
I do think race has something to do with it, yes ... I've seen evidence of it. I think some of the Tea Party advocates play on people's fears and biases, some of which are race-based.