2013 Rankings

Demling has released an updated list of rankings for the Class of 2013. Darryl Hicks is #1 followed by James Quick. As I have mentioned before, this class is LOADED!! I think you can put #3-20 in almost any order based on who is hot that day. These boys will be fun to watch over the next 3 years.

1. Darryl Hicks, Collins

2. James Quick, Trinity

3. Larry Morton, Bryan Station

4. Dominique Hawkins, Madison Central

5. Mike Smith, Sayre

6. Lavonne Holland, Ballard

7. Omar Prewitt, Montgomery County

8. Braxton McFarland, Tates Creek

9. Cameron Lewis, Eastern

10.Derek Willis, Bullitt East

11.Nate McGovney, Campbell County

12.Blake Sanders, South Laurel

13.Christian McClendon, Holmes

14.Quin Richardson, Scott County

15.Mason Monroe, Pendleton County

16.Trevor Tilley, Paintsville

17.Jason Hatcher, Trinity

18.Rusty Troutman, Bullitt East

19.Eric Trigg, Lexington Catholic

20.Kyle Brown, West Carter

Others to remember: Kyle Skaggs, Russell; Dalton Cornett, Perry Central; Miles Rice, Trinity; Tony Goral, St. Xavier; Marcus Cosby, Bardstown; Ryan Timmons, Franklin County; Justin Moody, St. Xavier; Boo Crabtree, Fairdale; Dontez Byrd, Ballard; DeMarcus Page, Trinity; Taylor Gover, Pulaski County; Luke Hill, Lincoln County; David Levitch, North Oldham.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a link to the article:

http://jodydemling.courier-journal.com/2010/06/class-of-2013-rankings.html

Glad to see the 10th region have listed:

Omar Prewitt, Montgomery County

Nate McGovney, Campbell County

Mason Monroe, Pendleton County

All 3 have been fun to watch the last few years in AAU. This year, I think all 3 will be the leaders on their varsity teams.

The best up and coming sophomores I have seen are:

1. Hicks-Seen him in the Sweet 16 and a couple other games. Hes an incredible talent IMO.

2. Hawkins-Very impressive player I seen 3 times last year. Every time I seen him as a freshman he scored over 20 points.

3. Morton-I saw him in a couple AAU games, very impressive.

4. Prewitt-Great player for Montgomery Co. I think he has a big upside and will get taller.

5. Quick-Great athlete, but I think football is his sport and with a focus on that it will probably hurt him slightly moving forward.

6. Richardson-I seen him last week at the State AAU tournament. Impressive player. Does everything so easily.

Demling has released an updated list of rankings for the Class of 2013. Darryl Hicks is #1 followed by James Quick. As I have mentioned before, this class is LOADED!! I think you can put #3-20 in almost any order based on who is hot that day. These boys will be fun to watch over the next 3 years.

1. Darryl Hicks, Collins

2. James Quick, Trinity

5. Mike Smith, Sayre

Others to remember: Kyle Skaggs, Russell; Dalton Cornett, Perry Central; Miles Rice, Trinity; Tony Goral, St. Xavier; Marcus Cosby, Bardstown; Ryan Timmons, Franklin County; Justin Moody, St. Xavier; Boo Crabtree, Fairdale; Dontez Byrd, Ballard; DeMarcus Page, Trinity; Taylor Gover, Pulaski County; Luke Hill, Lincoln County; David Levitch, North Oldham.

Can't argue about anyone on the list really but I cant help but wonder where Olinger from Hazard is at on his list...........maybe he just hasn't seen him yet. Gover from Pulaski is a very solid PG but just my opinion the Johnson kid is the best sophomore on Pulaski's team.

Subpar list. Not that the players listed can't play, they are all talented. But, I can't see the order all that much, and some on the list haven't gotten much better or seem to be interested in getting much better the last few years.

And, a few kids were missed. Olinger being one that stands out.

1. Darryl Hicks, Collins

2. James Quick, Trinity

5. Mike Smith, Sayre

BTW, I heard Hicks showed up the first day in June at Collins and never returned the rest of June. I have no idea what, if anything, this means in terms of his future at Collins.

Where is Tyson Williams from McCreary Central ? 6'5" a very nice looking young player.

Did he play AAU this summer? As some have mentioned, Demling gets to watch some of these kids during AAU ball only.

Did he play AAU this summer? As some have mentioned, Demling gets to watch some of these kids during AAU ball only.

I don't think so. He just won the MVP of the Cumberland Big Man Camp. Came in secound in the 1 on 1 Comp, got beat in the finals by a Sr. Player from Louisville.