2013 Rankings

6'8" Whitman - Lexington Catholic has to be on this list. Should start on very fine LC team. Great hands, very good quickness at 6'8", can shoot the three and a beast rebounder, still growing.

Sounds impressive. Does he play AAU?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No response to the McClendon to HC rumor? I would have thought that dad would have been all over the #13 ranking being too low.

Hatcher and the big guy from McCreary are the best bigs that I have seen in this class. I think Jody has the top 3 right on- all are stars!

No response to the McClendon to HC rumor? I would have thought that dad would have been all over the #13 ranking being too low.

Hatcher and the big guy from McCreary are the best bigs that I have seen in this class. I think Jody has the top 3 right on- all are stars!

Richardson from Scott Co is heads above McClendon IMO. He creates, has an aggressive handle and can knock down shots. I just havent been sold on McClendon yet, he shoots the ball from his chest also, if you put a strong aggressive defender on him you should be able to keep him from shooting the 3 which is probably his best strength.

I agree with you qryche. IMO, Quinn is the best PG in this class by far. I'm impressed by his cour presence- he never seems to be rattled. I like McClendon but the hype has overcome the ability/results thus far. The rumored move to HC may enable him to 'shine', away from the spotlight.

Either way, both are very good guards that should have good sophomore seasons.

I agree with you qryche. IMO, Quinn is the best PG in this class by far. I'm impressed by his cour presence- he never seems to be rattled. I like McClendon but the hype has overcome the ability/results thus far. The rumored move to HC may enable him to 'shine', away from the spotlight.

Either way, both are very good guards that should have good sophomore seasons.

I disagree on the part about Quinn. I think he is a much better 2G. He looks so much better spotting up shooting or getting the ball as he is cutting to the basket as to trying to create off of the dribble. I have seen him play several times and he is a great player and very strong, but when he is trying to create from the dribble the turnovers really increase.

Richardson from Scott Co is heads above McClendon IMO. He creates, has an aggressive handle and can knock down shots. I just havent been sold on McClendon yet, he shoots the ball from his chest also, if you put a strong aggressive defender on him you should be able to keep him from shooting the 3 which is probably his best strength.

I have watched Christian a lot this summer with KY Elite. His primary strength is driving to the basket. He also rebounds very well for a guard.

Lets take a wait and see approach on both of these young men. Lets see how both do on varsity this year as they were on loaded teams last year. I am confident that they both will be extremely successful as sophomores.

I disagree on the part about Quinn. I think he is a much better 2G. He looks so much better spotting up shooting or getting the ball as he is cutting to the basket as to trying to create off of the dribble. I have seen him play several times and he is a great player and very strong, but when he is trying to create from the dribble the turnovers really increase.
Would you prefer a less athletic Monroe at the point? I have also seen these kids for years and think that Quinn is the best of the bunch at PG although the majority of guards in this class are combo guards with very few outstanding true point guards.

I strongly disagree with you I watched them at nationals last year and at the hoopfest this weekend and Mclendon seems to be ahead of richardson when it comes to tough teams. I talked to mclendon father and he said christian is going to holy cross because is uncle Andre is the new asst. head coach.

I can tell you haven't watced this kid shoot the ball because he has the perfect shot form. Just from watching this weekend you can put strong aggressive defenders on him and he went past them.And they put small quicker defenders on him and he post them up on the block. And they left chrisian open and he hit the open shot,and just from watching the game i notice the elite had christian on the point sometimes and he didn't turn the ball over.

I can tell you haven't watced this kid shoot the ball because he has the perfect shot form. Just from watching this weekend you can put strong aggressive defenders on him and he went past them.And they put small quicker defenders on him and he post them up on the block. And they left chrisian open and he hit the open shot,and just from watching the game i notice the elite had christian on the point sometimes and he didn't turn the ball over.
perfect shot form??:D

I have watched Christian a lot this summer with KY Elite. His primary strength is driving to the basket. He also rebounds very well for a guard.

Lets take a wait and see approach on both of these young men. Lets see how both do on varsity this year as they were on loaded teams last year. I am confident that they both will be extremely successful as sophomores.

I strongly disagree with you I watched them at nationals last year and at the hoopfest this weekend and Mclendon seems to be ahead of richardson when it comes to tough teams. I talked to mclendon father and he said christian is going to holy cross because is uncle Andre is the new asst. head coach.

I agree with both of you. For those who have seen Christian play more than a handful of times, like myself, he is much more than just a shooter. He looks best when he's driving to the rim and he is VERY strong when attacking the rim and also rebounds extremely well for his size. If left open, he is able to knock the trey down with consistency. I watched him pull from where the Bulldog was on Holmes' old floor and knock down three treys in one game and he did it so effortlessly.

This kid definetly has a high ceiling and I have a feeling by the time he's a senior, he will be one of your top 5 players in the state.

I have always like McClendon's game, he has always been a fundamentally strong rebounder and he does go to the basket strong. I think if he turned his motor up a little he could be a dominant force in the 9th. I think moving to HC will allow him to shine a little more but HC has Burger who has already proven to be their go-to scorer and there might be some issues there s well.

Look, I only have to watch him shoot it a handfull of times to tell his form. It is an unorthodoxed shot that looks to start at the chest and never get above his shoulders. This is what I see and to be honest, as long as they go in the hoop, who cares. I am just saying that he may have trouble getting those shots off against taller, more aggressive defenders. However, with his ability to drive I guess its a moot point because a good shot fake will draw the taller/aggressive defender everytime and then its off to the races.

Personally I think Mason Monroe has the most aggressive game offensively as a PG, he has a high motor and shoots FT's very well. Sanders is a very good PG as well who seems to see the floor very well and can score. Richardson has a nice handle and is very athletic. This is a very good team with many good guards. I hope they bring back a National Championship to KY. Good Luck boys.