Votto 3

Rolen 5

Gomes 7

Bruce 9

Stubbs 8

Miller 2

Arroyo 1

Bill Bray called up, LeCure sent to Louisville

Could LRCW be a prophet here with Herrera sent down on Wednesday and Wood called up to face the Phillies lefties? It would be his date to start on 4 days rest, he last pitched on the 25th.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What exactly does it hurt to have him at Triple-A in case someone goes down?

It hurts having another guy that Dusty is enamored with, and having that option to play over somebody he shouldn't play over. I know Jocketty makes the calls on player personel, but I can just see Dusty bringing him up over and over in their conversations. I just don't like the idea.

The Phillies with their left handed heavy lineup are a good team to break Wood in against in my opinion. I don't see the Reds offering Wood in any trades. I can see Bailey, Maloney, Frazier, Heisey, and LeCure, but I would be very surprised if they traded Wood.

Agreed, you just don't find good lefty starters available everyday.

It hurts having another guy that Dusty is enamored with, and having that option to play over somebody he shouldn't play over. I know Jocketty makes the calls on player personel, but I can just see Dusty bringing him up over and over in their conversations. I just don't like the idea.
How do you know that Dusty is enamored with Matthews?

I think it's clear that Jocketty calls the shots ... Dusty will play with the hand that Jocketty deals him.

You mean like Corey Patterson, Paul Bako and Willy Taveras? I couldn't agree more, he probably has been on the phone every day with Matthews Sr.

Bill Bray being called up gets me excited. Any chance before that 5th starter's next start comes up that Herrera goes down and Wood comes up?

Wow, so unlike Dusty to play Rolen and Cabrera on Sunday. I'll bet both players told him they want to sweep this series and go into the Philly series on a real high with 6 in a row. Get out the broom!!

Wow, so unlike Dusty to play Rolen and Cabrera on Sunday. I'll bet both players told him they want to sweep this series and go into the Philly series on a real high with 6 in a row. Get out the broom!!

Still happy?

Personally, I'd just as soon they just start mailing in the "L" on Sundays... Save what little energy they expend on Sundays. I am going to quit wasting my Sundays.