Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Royce White to UK?

Featured Replies

He would have to sit out this year wouldn't he? If so, why not? If he doesn't get straightened out just send him on his way.

He would have to sit out this year wouldn't he? If so, why not? If he doesn't get straightened out just send him on his way.

 

I would think he would be clear because he didn't participate at all last season. If it's like high school transfer rules it's a year without participating in any games I didn't think he ever saw the floor at Minnesota.

He would have to sit out this year wouldn't he? If so, why not? If he doesn't get straightened out just send him on his way.

 

From what I have heard on the situation he would be able to play, but academics are likely to cost him at least one semester...

He's just assaulted someone, got caught stealing at the mall, and he most likely stole lap tops from Minnesota. Not the type of player Cal should associate with, if he is going to cry to people about how the media gives him way too much scrutiny and lets others slide, seems to me like he would want to be more careful to avoid scrutiny.

 

I totally agree. There is no reason to take that type of chance IMO.

He's just assaulted someone, got caught stealing at the mall, and he most likely stole lap tops from Minnesota. Not the type of player Cal should associate with, if he is going to cry to people about how the media gives him way too much scrutiny and lets others slide, seems to me like he would want to be more careful to avoid scrutiny.

 

I agree completely.

He's just assaulted someone, got caught stealing at the mall, and he most likely stole lap tops from Minnesota. Not the type of player Cal should associate with, if he is going to cry to people about how the media gives him way too much scrutiny and lets others slide, seems to me like he would want to be more careful to avoid scrutiny.

 

IMHO, Cal will always be scrutinized because of his success in recruiting and building winning programs. It's just inevitable. Without you or I knowing all of the facts surrounding the Royce White situation, I would think it would a little unfair for us to judge this kid. I can't say whether Cal should take him or not, because I don't have all the facts, however I feel confident that Cal is armed with considerable more information than you or I.

I hope we stay away from this kid.

 

Everyone deserves a second chance, but with the microscope over Cal, UK isn't the team that needs to give him that chance.

IMHO, Cal will always be scrutinized because of his success in recruiting and building winning programs. It's just inevitable. Without you or I knowing all of the facts surrounding the Royce White situation, I would think it would a little unfair for us to judge this kid. I can't say whether Cal should take him or not, because I don't have all the facts, however I feel confident that Cal is armed with considerable more information than you or I.

 

 

Guy stole something while at the Mall of America then assaulted someone. Then, was a main suspect in a lap top theft from a dorm room. These are just the things that have been reported. I think the guys got talent and could be a nice player, but with everything that has went on with Kentucky (Bledsoe story etc.) I don't think it will be the type of pub Cal needs. People are always going to be looking for ways to get him and White coming to UK would just serve them up a gourmet dish.

IMHO, Cal will always be scrutinized because of his success in recruiting and building winning programs. It's just inevitable. Without you or I knowing all of the facts surrounding the Royce White situation, I would think it would a little unfair for us to judge this kid. I can't say whether Cal should take him or not, because I don't have all the facts, however I feel confident that Cal is armed with considerable more information than you or I.

 

Cal will always be susceptible to the press exactly for the reasons you stated. When you win consistently people want to figure it out to mimic it or bring you down to help pick themselves up. So the scrutiny won't stop, the problem is why risk this. UK is already on thin ice with the next APR over Daniel Orton and some of the stuff with the coaching change over, so why take a kid that has already quit one university mid stride and on top of that been charged with several crimes by several different people. These also aren't minor crimes they are serious felonious crimes. It's just one of those things at a school like UK you have to walk an extra careful line, White just seems to be way over that line.

Cal will always be susceptible to the press exactly for the reasons you stated. When you win consistently people want to figure it out to mimic it or bring you down to help pick themselves up. So the scrutiny won't stop, the problem is why risk this. UK is already on thin ice with the next APR over Daniel Orton and some of the stuff with the coaching change over, so why take a kid that has already quit one university mid stride and on top of that been charged with several crimes by several different people. These also aren't minor crimes they are serious felonious crimes. It's just one of those things at a school like UK you have to walk an extra careful line, White just seems to be way over that line.

 

Isn't Cal ranked third currently in this category among SEC coaches? Not to get off topic, but I thought it was interesting that Boeheim gets dinged with two schollys for his horrid APR and you don't hear a word about it. Had this been UK, it would have been an "international incident". Oh well, I learned long ago that life is not fair, :)

Isn't Cal ranked third currently in this category among SEC coaches? Not to get off topic, but I thought it was interesting that Boeheim gets dinged with two schollys for his horrid APR and you don't hear a word about it. Had this been UK, it would have been an "international incident". Oh well, I learned long ago that life is not fair, :)

 

I'm not saying it's fair or not, I'm just saying if you know it's going to happen then you need to be a tad more careful if you want to avoid it. And APR I find to be a ridiculous standard. In hoops it's just measured on finishing the semester and in football graduation rates. That makes no sense to me. This previous APR is still riding the Tubby Smith High. UK's APR numbers will be down significantly over the next few years, and you don't want it to drop to the level of losing scholarships. All of that drop isn't Cal's fault either a good share of it goes to Billy G. but regardless Cal's teams will be the ones without scholarships. And with the recent UK team GPA that Tipton loved waiving around I don't think Cal's reputation can afford much more academic scrutiny. One thing in Todd's tenure is he has pushed hard to make UK a top academic school.

Cal will always be susceptible to the press exactly for the reasons you stated. When you win consistently people want to figure it out to mimic it or bring you down to help pick themselves up. So the scrutiny won't stop, the problem is why risk this. UK is already on thin ice with the next APR over Daniel Orton and some of the stuff with the coaching change over, so why take a kid that has already quit one university mid stride and on top of that been charged with several crimes by several different people. These also aren't minor crimes they are serious felonious crimes. It's just one of those things at a school like UK you have to walk an extra careful line, White just seems to be way over that line.

 

Maybe Coach Cal is the type of person who thinks that he can help kids such as this. Is it possible that he believes the kid would benefit much more from being at UK than UK would benefit from having him as a player? I agree though that it is a big risk to take, but maybe, just maybe he feels compelled to try and help this young man get his life straightened out.:idunno::idunno:

I'm not saying it's fair or not, I'm just saying if you know it's going to happen then you need to be a tad more careful if you want to avoid it. And APR I find to be a ridiculous standard. In hoops it's just measured on finishing the semester and in football graduation rates. That makes no sense to me. This previous APR is still riding the Tubby Smith High. UK's APR numbers will be down significantly over the next few years, and you don't want it to drop to the level of losing scholarships. All of that drop isn't Cal's fault either a good share of it goes to Billy G. but regardless Cal's teams will be the ones without scholarships. And with the recent UK team GPA that Tipton loved waiving around I don't think Cal's reputation can afford much more academic scrutiny. One thing in Todd's tenure is he has pushed hard to make UK a top academic school.

 

I thought Cal's #3 ranking is based on his last 3 years at Memphis and his 1 year at UK. It has nothing to do with Tubby.

I thought Cal's #3 ranking is based on his last 3 years at Memphis and his 1 year at UK. It has nothing to do with Tubby.

 

I don't know I haven't seen a Cal APR number only one I know of is the schools.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.