If HHS could pass, What will LexCath do???????

I think that HHS will expose the QB as not a true DIV. 1 Player. I have seen him play a handful of times and IMO he is not a Div. 1 Player?????

HHS - 28

lc - 14

You might want to watch a few more games before making statements like that, there are a lot of major colleges courting him. Burke is the best QB in the state this year bar none. Burke will not make a mental mistake and he will pick any defense apart given time to throw. He knows when to throw and when to run so he does not hurt the team with bad plays. Burke does not have as many supporting offensive players this year as he had in the past, but their defense is a little better than past years and LC can be tough, especially at home. However, if LC does not win it this year they have a long dry spell in front of them.

I think that HHS will expose the QB as not a true DIV. 1 Player. I have seen him play a handful of times and IMO he is not a Div. 1 Player?????

HHS - 28

lc - 14

Interesting opinion--I'd say at least 15 D-1 coaches would beg to differ w you since that is the number of offers that he received before he verbally committed to NC State in August, including the likes of Tennessee, Michigan State, NC State, UK, U of Louisville, Northwestern, Purdue, etc. Seems they might know a thing or two about D-1 talent.

I think that this year's offense for Lex Cath will be able to put up enough points that all their D has to do is keep them in the game which I believe they can do. When their D has been called upon they have risen to the challenge.

I think that this year's offense for Lex Cath will be able to put up enough points that all their D has to do is keep them in the game which I believe they can do. When their D has been called upon they have risen to the challenge.

Problem is, that is said every year and so far the Knights still have a game where the D doesn't pick it up and the O isn't clicking like it should. I do think the addition of a stronger run game this year will be big for the team but I think only time will tell if they can finally get over the hump.

I am not sure if you want to call LC one dimensional they have one of the best backs in the state Shane Israel he is small but runs hard, fast and is elusive, just concentrate on the pass and see what happens. but that together with Burkes ability to run and you have a team that can run the football.

WHOA there, he's maybe the third best back in the city, maybe fourth.

Rod Johnson HC

Demario Richardson Laf

Will Wright are certainly better backs.

I think that LexCath will win this game. They are a much better team at home. I hope both teams remain focused and avoid upsets to set up this attractive 3A matchup. If LexCath wins this week and next, I would guess they would face Highlands at LexCath. This may be LexCath's year to get over the hump.

I think that LexCath will win this game. They are a much better team at home. I hope both teams remain focused and avoid upsets to set up this attractive 3A matchup. If LexCath wins this week and next, I would guess they would face Highlands at LexCath. This may be LexCath's year to get over the hump.

Think again, I believe this is a non travel year for the Higher Seed Nky team. Highlands pretty much put themselves in the driver seat winning last Sat in Park Hills. Providing Highlands takes care of business the next two weeks, Bob Sphire will finally get his chance to coach at storied David Cecil Memorial :thumb:

Think again, I believe this is a non travel year for the Higher Seed Nky team. Highlands pretty much put themselves in the driver seat winning last Sat in Park Hills. Providing Highlands takes care of business the next two weeks, Bob Sphire will finally get his chance to coach at storied David Cecil Memorial :thumb:

It doesn't say on the KHSAA site, just that they host the semi-state. I'm guessing that LexCath will host rounds one and two and travel to Highlands for round three as you say. Providing of course that they both get that far. Of course if LexCath gets past Highlands they would host the semi-state which is a big plus for them.

It doesn't say on the KHSAA site, just that they host the semi-state. I'm guessing that LexCath will host rounds one and two and travel to Highlands for round three as you say. Providing of course that they both get that far. Of course if LexCath gets past Highlands they would host the semi-state which is a big plus for them.

I believe that is Correct. LexCath would get the Semi-Final Game. If any of the 8 teams in our playoff bracket get to the semi-final game, they will host. No matter who it is.

I know I was a little premature a few weeks ago when I put this thread out, but now is the time to talk about CovCath's pass defense against a much better passing team than they faced in HHS. If this Burke kid is as good as they say, CovCath could be in for a long night. Will CovCath change their defense for this game?? Chase Cecil had a career day against CovCath. Will Burke????????