Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Did Rose cork his bat?

Featured Replies

One of his old bats was x-rayed and it showed that it had cork.

 

Can't find an article but it was on PTI

There's no way that Pete would ever cheat... A truly honorable man who would never compromise the game's integrity.

I have no trouble believing Pete Rose corked his bats. That my take.

I honestly believe that just about every really good hitter in baseball has had a corked bat at some point. It's just we don't know until they are caught.

My boy Chris Sabo who will be conducted in the Reds Hall of Fame in July got caught with one. Doesn't change the way I feel about him.

 

Heck, Pete Rose could say that it was his batting practice bat and they x-rayed the wrong one. That would sound familiar wouldn't it?

My boy Chris Sabo who will be conducted in the Reds Hall of Fame in July got caught with one. Doesn't change the way I feel about him.

 

Heck, Pete Rose could say that it was his batting practice bat and they x-rayed the wrong one. That would sound familiar wouldn't it?

 

Just curious...did it change the way you feel about people caught using PED's?

I just can't believe "old school" players would bend the rules and possibly cheat. I thought cheating only started in the last 15 years. While I hate ESPN and 24/7 media will turn anything into a story, I would love to have this same media coverage 50,60 and 70 years ago, can you imagine the scandals that went on that got swept under the rug and that these all time great players maybe had the same flaws our stars of today had. Shocking insight I know.

I just can't believe "old school" players would bend the rules and possibly cheat. I thought cheating only started in the last 15 years. While I hate ESPN and 24/7 media will turn anything into a story, I would love to have this same media coverage 50,60 and 70 years ago, can you imagine the scandals that went on that got swept under the rug and that these all time great players maybe had the same flaws our stars of today had. Shocking insight I know.

 

You need not look any farther than Jordan...gambling...infidelity...jerk of a teammate and BELOVED. Tiger and Kobe maligned for the same stuff. JFK - everyone's fave president...Bill Clinton - impeached...pretty much the same guys - just different times. It is what it is. Rose is my 2nd favorite player, but I wouldn't be suprised at all if it is true.

What exactly does a corked bat do?

Does the ball travel farther?

Does it make the bat lighter?

 

And out of all of the bats that Pete broke, how many of those had cork in them?

What exactly does a corked bat do?

Does the ball travel farther?

Does it make the bat lighter?

 

And out of all of the bats that Pete broke, how many of those had cork in them?

 

I like Pete, but now you want us to determine how many of his hits were used with a corked bat? Kind of like wondering how many of McGuire or Bonds Home Runs were hit while using PED's.

There's no way that Pete would ever cheat... A truly honorable man who would never compromise the game's integrity.

 

That's funny.

I like most others know that the old time players used whatever advantage they could get away with. He's still my favorite player and could teach a lot of these modern day players about hard work and hustle.

Rose is a genuine piece of scum. I'd be shocked if he didn't cork his bats, use excessive amounts of pine tar, and any other banned activity to give him an advantage. The fact the city of Cincinnati is so in love with him is sad IMO. I'm glad Bud Selig has a backbone and is keeping the loser out of the Hall of Fame.

Who is to say it's his bat? I can go to Louisville Slugger, have a bat made that looks like his, and then have him sign it. Lo and behold, everyone thinks it's his bat.

Wouldn't surprise me, but I would also note that if he did, he didn't get much benefit from it in terms of an increase in round-trippers.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.