Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How many KY h.s basketball players from this year's class got DI scholarships

Featured Replies

I know Justice- Louisville, Eyton-Akron, and Hall- Wright St. but was wondering if anyone knew an exact number.

  • Replies 39
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jackson from Scott County going to James Madison.

Ricardo Johnson, Holmes, going to Ohio U

Isn't the Sewell kid going to the Miami Redskins?

 

I guess the Washington kid from E'town is still on for USC?

Josh Sewell to Miami (Ohio), not sure they're the redskins anymore rather the redhawks.

 

And it's Dakota Euton, not Eyton

Josh Sewell to Miami (Ohio), not sure they're the redskins anymore rather the redhawks.

 

And it's Dakota Euton, not Eyton

 

I grew up with 'em as the Redskins, so I'm kind of stubborn about it. :D

So.................is this the list?

 

Euton-Akron

Sewell-Miami (OH)

Jackson-James Madison

Justice-L'ville

Johnson-OU

Washington-USC

 

How many kids played ball in KY? Pretty short list proves just how high the odds are to play at that level.

I grew up with 'em as the Redskins, so I'm kind of stubborn about it. :D

 

But we now live in the age of politically correct mascots.:puke:

So.................is this the list?

 

Euton-Akron

Sewell-Miami (OH)

Jackson-James Madison

Justice-L'ville

Johnson-OU

Washington-USC

 

How many kids played ball in KY? Pretty short list proves just how high the odds are to play at that level.

Of course, Elijah Pittman apparently has a Division I offer if he completes his academic requirements in junior college. Shaquille Wilson of Christian County, who was getting some Division I looks, is going the juco route, too ... Wabash Valley in Illinois.

You have 6. Then you have guys like Ge-lawn Guyn, Shaquille Wilson, and Elijah Pittman that are D-1 caliber guys. 2 more interesting guys are Aaron Watts and Ian Chiles. Anyone heard anything about them?

Hall was mentioned earlier in the post so that makes 7.

So.................is this the list?

 

Euton-Akron

Sewell-Miami (OH)

Jackson-James Madison

Justice-L'ville

Johnson-OU

Washington-USC

Hall-Wright St.

 

How many kids played ball in KY? Pretty short list proves just how high the odds are to play at that level. (Sorry for the Hall omission earlier)

 

I think the key thing regarding this list is that there seems to be more D1 talent, but only 7 signed. Might be a message that kids need to take care of all aspects of their high school priorities. Need to take care of business in the classroom as well as the hardcourt. It really saddens me when kids who have the talent to keep their sports career going don't focus on what's important. There are lots of reasons, but most involve bad decisions or not having their priorities in the proper order.

DI scholarships can mean a lot of different things. Are we talking full ride scholarships ? Partial ?

When we talk about how many kids are going to the DI level I wonder how many from the state have the talent, but as Roman Empire pointed out there are many aspects of advancing ones self that need to be addressed to make it a reality.

There are also the financial realities. I wonder how many kids are offered enough scholarship money to get them pumped at the thought of attending but not enough money to be realistic for a lot of families to pick up the difference ?

 

It would be interesting to know how many Kentucky players would be DI players but will not due to either the academic or financial reasons ?

So.................is this the list?

 

Euton-Akron

Sewell-Miami (OH)

Jackson-James Madison

Justice-L'ville

Johnson-OU

Washington-USC

Hall-Wright St.

 

How many kids played ball in KY? Pretty short list proves just how high the odds are to play at that level. (Sorry for the Hall omission earlier)

 

I think the key thing regarding this list is that there seems to be more D1 talent, but only 7 signed. Might be a message that kids need to take care of all aspects of their high school priorities. Need to take care of business in the classroom as well as the hardcourt. It really saddens me when kids who have the talent to keep their sports career going don't focus on what's important. There are lots of reasons, but most involve bad decisions or not having their priorities in the proper order.

 

Agree 100 percent. Although there are no doubt several playing college ball but not necessarily D-1.

So.................is this the list?

 

Euton-Akron

Sewell-Miami (OH)

Jackson-James Madison

Justice-L'ville

Johnson-OU

Washington-USC

Hall-Wright St.

 

How many kids played ball in KY? Pretty short list proves just how high the odds are to play at that level. (Sorry for the Hall omission earlier)

 

I think the key thing regarding this list is that there seems to be more D1 talent, but only 7 signed. Might be a message that kids need to take care of all aspects of their high school priorities. Need to take care of business in the classroom as well as the hardcourt. It really saddens me when kids who have the talent to keep their sports career going don't focus on what's important. There are lots of reasons, but most involve bad decisions or not having their priorities in the proper order.

 

I have said this for years and years, sports are for fun, getting a great education last a lifetime!

 

I was just wondering as I sometimes do but how many of the young men on any of these lists who are playing D1 or who could play D1 will make a living from playing Pro Basketball?

 

I love seeing young men like Chris Gerwe and Logan Carney (I know there are others) of CovCath and Ryle who are both very good baseball player but who will be attending the University of Kentucky and Eastern Kentucky University on Academic Scholarship. These young men understand the value of getting a great education while enjoying their high school years, playing sports!

 

Congrats to the young men and women who can excel both in the classroom and in sports, for these young men and women will be our leaders one day soon.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.