Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wear twins not returning to UNC

Featured Replies

Freshman basketball forwards David and Travis Wear - McDonald's All-Americas and Best in the West selections as seniors at Mater Dei High - will not be returning to the University of North Carolina, their father told the Press-Telegram tonight.

Dave Wear said he discussed the decision with Tar Heels' coach Roy Williams earlier in the evening by telephone and that he hoped that his sons would be released from their scholarship agreements with the school ``as early as Thursday".

Wear wouldn't offer any details as to why the players (who took their last spring semester finals today) were making the move other than to say ``they decided they didn't want to return to North Carolina.

``When they return home (in Huntington Beach) we will sit down as a family and review their basketball and academic options,'' he said.

 

http://www.insidesocal.com/frankburlison/2010/05/wear-twins-not-returning-to-un.html

I wonder if UCLA and Arizona will be back at the top of their list? To far away from home maybe?

Freshman years are always the toughest for college students as they have to adapt a totally new environment and its makes it that much harder if you are far away from home and thus are away from everything you know. I think it is most likely the fact they are a little homesick. UNC is virtually on the other side of the planet to them.

Now if only Barnes decides that he wants out of his LOI...

I said this last year after seeing them in the McDonald's game and in a high school game. Those guys had no business being McDonald's All Americans. I think because they signed with UNC they were able to be on the team as much as anything. I just wasn't a big fan of those 2.

I said this last year after seeing them in the McDonald's game and in a high school game. Those guys had no business being McDonald's All Americans. I think because they signed with UNC they were able to be on the team as much as anything. I just wasn't a big fan of those 2.

 

I agree, many times when a person signs with a school or narrows their choice to a certain few schools, the people doing the player rankings will elevate that player's ranking.

As a Duke fan, I hate to see them go. Frees up two scholarships for Ole Roy. I'd rather see those two occupy those scholarships for 4 years than to let him go find 2 replacements.

As a Duke fan, I hate to see them go. Frees up two scholarships for Ole Roy. I'd rather see those two occupy those scholarships for 4 years than to let him go find 2 replacements.

 

:thumb: Wasn't impressed with them the least bit...

I said this last year after seeing them in the McDonald's game and in a high school game. Those guys had no business being McDonald's All Americans. I think because they signed with UNC they were able to be on the team as much as anything. I just wasn't a big fan of those 2.

 

Saw them in AAU after they committed. My opinion then was that UNC was making a mistake unless they got a 2 for 1 scholly.

So Carolina had a couple "one-and-dones" this year, too.

Little surprised by this, big loss for Roy.

 

Not really much of a loss.

Not really much of a loss.

Heck, you could probably view it as a gain.

Not really much of a loss.

 

They were freshman and you can't under value big guys that can move. UK is begging for another one right now. They could develop and will be at a school for 3 more years.

  • Author

Would Duke have been better off if Zoubek bolted after year 1???

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.