Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wear twins not returning to UNC

Featured Replies

Would Duke have been better off if Zoubek bolted after year 1???

Maybe in years 2 and 3 :D

 

What I meant by "gain" is that I have no doubt Roy can secure another top flight recruit to fill the void. Not a Sheray Thomas type replacement.

Would Duke have been better off if Zoubek bolted after year 1???

 

Good point. I doubt it.

Hey UNC Twins come to UK will take you!

Go Big Blue!

 

They will be going back out west, more than likely UCLA, USC, or Arizona. I don't look at this as a gain for UNC at all though as this leaves them very thin in the front court for this year. Yes, Roy will fill the spots as soon as he gets the chance but the Wear twins were very underrated in my opinion. They would never start on a national championship team but with their toughness, IQ of the game, and hard work I think they could be very good role players. In my opinion you win National Championships with players like the Wears coming off the bench. Guys that are just winners and will do whatever it takes to get that done. They will be missed on the Hill.

Would Duke have been better off if Zoubek bolted after year 1???

 

Touche'. :lol:

Ok, lets be fair about this. Zoubek... as a 7'1 McDonald's AA still only averaged 5 and 8 a game as a senior. His career averages were a mind blowing 4 and 4. If the Wear twins turned out to be as good as Zoubek, I would be very happy.

Now if only Barnes decides that he wants out of his LOI...

 

ha ha... no chance! :p

Ok, lets be fair about this. Zoubek... as a 7'1 McDonald's AA still only averaged 5 and 8 a game as a senior. His career averages were a mind blowing 4 and 4. If the Wear twins turned out to be as good as Zoubek, I would be very happy.

 

This is where season averages get tricky. Zoubek was the 2nd best offensive rebounder in the country after Cousins(at least that is what they said in Final Four pregame shows) and for the last month, month and a half of the season and especially the tourney, Zoubek was a beast on the boards. Duke is not the National Champs without Zoubek's play in the final month of his collegiate career. It would be asinine on my part to think the Wear twins couldn't make a similar contribution to their team as seniors. Zoubek was probably worse than these two guys the first 3 years of his career. I think JJ Redick had more dunks than Zoubek did.

This is where season averages get tricky. Zoubek was the 2nd best offensive rebounder in the country after Cousins(at least that is what they said in Final Four pregame shows) and for the last month, month and a half of the season and especially the tourney, Zoubek was a beast on the boards. Duke is not the National Champs without Zoubek's play in the final month of his collegiate career. It would be asinine on my part to think the Wear twins couldn't make a similar contribution to their team as seniors. Zoubek was probably worse than these two guys the first 3 years of his career. I think JJ Redick had more dunks than Zoubek did.

 

Good post. Those twins may have developed into players. But they were just way overrated coming out of high school just like Zoubek. Zoubek, like you said was an awful player for 3 years, maybe 3 and 1/2 years. His elevated play made Duke a championship team.

Good post. Those twins may have developed into players. But they were just way overrated coming out of high school just like Zoubek. Zoubek, like you said was an awful player for 3 years, maybe 3 and 1/2 years. His elevated play made Duke a championship team.

 

It's safe to say 3 and a 1/2 years. :lol: I'm amazed at what he was able to do the last half of the season.

Gametime do you have a scouting report on Kadeem Jack? He is from New York and supposingly a very late bloomer. I know scout has him rated at 43 in their top 100. It seems like UNC is his dream school and if Roy offers(which I fully expect him to) then it is a done deal.

  • Author
Gametime do you have a scouting report on Kadeem Jack? He is from New York and supposingly a very late bloomer. I know scout has him rated at 43 in their top 100. It seems like UNC is his dream school and if Roy offers(which I fully expect him to) then it is a done deal.

I watched Jack a few times last year, and his own assessment of needing a year in prep to further develop is a good one. Can't blame him for taking a UNC offer if he gets one, but he's not ready to produce physically in the next year or two from the limited times I saw him in action...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.