Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Orton and Bledsoe to Return?

Featured Replies

Just watched the news and it said that Orton and Bledsoe were very possibly returning. So as a Cat fan, where does that put us with expectations for the upcoming season?

Thoughts and feelings?

 

 

 

IMO, puts Orton as Center, Kanter as PF (Jones will more than likely stay at Washington), Miller at SF, Knight at 2G and Bledsoe at pg. Knight will run some point but I see him more of a shooter and slasher and let Bledsoe get the ball down the floor. Kanter and Orton down low are a tough combo but if Jones for sure doesn't come then we have no bench at C or PF. Poole will be quick off the bench. I see UK as a top 10 and a contender by mid to end of season. We will miss that go-2-guy and identity of our leader more than anything.

Possibly returning? Orton, from many draft sites, is projected as a lottery pick. I could see Bledsoe returning, however Orton is a surprise.

For the record, I highly doubt either comes back. They have until this Sunday to decide though so who knows..

"I expect both Orton and Bledsoe to sign with agents soon...I would be shocked if either player returned to Kentucky..."

 

- John Calipari at about 3:20 p.m. today

"I expect both Orton and Bledsoe to sign with agents soon...I would be shocked if either player returned to Kentucky..."

 

- John Calipari at about 3:20 p.m. today

 

Sounds about right.

Was it just speculation by some sportscaster that they might return or was it a credible news report? If they return, I'll believe it when I see it. Honestly, when you are a 1st round pick like both are according to all reports and mock drafts I have seen, it is time to go.

Just watched the news and it said that Orton and Bledsoe were very possibly returning. So as a Cat fan, where does that put us with expectations for the upcoming season?

Thoughts and feelings?

 

 

 

IMO, puts Orton as Center, Kanter as PF (Jones will more than likely stay at Washington), Miller at SF, Knight at 2G and Bledsoe at pg. Knight will run some point but I see him more of a shooter and slasher and let Bledsoe get the ball down the floor. Kanter and Orton down low are a tough combo but if Jones for sure doesn't come then we have no bench at C or PF. Poole will be quick off the bench. I see UK as a top 10 and a contender by mid to end of season. We will miss that go-2-guy and identity of our leader more than anything.

 

Pretty sure they said would not return on the news. At least the newscast I saw said that.

If any of these guys return it will be Bledsoe and the chances of that are slim to none. Carzier things have happened though.

Pretty sure they said would not return on the news. At least the newscast I saw said that.

 

^ Same here. I was watching WKYT. It was Coach Cal who said he did not expect them back, and was unsure on Dodson at this time.

At this point does coach Cal still have their scholarships available?

At this point does coach Cal still have their scholarships available?

 

Absolutely.

At this point does coach Cal still have their scholarships available?

 

We have several.

 

Patterson, Wall, Cousins, Orton, Bledsoe, Krebs, Harris left.

 

We currently are bringing in Kanter, Lamb, Poole, and Knight.

 

Dodson might not hang around either so that would be another spot. Also, I heard Stevenson is coming back but I thought he was a senior this past year?

We have several.

 

Patterson, Wall, Cousins, Orton, Bledsoe, Krebs, Harris left.

 

We currently are bringing in Kanter, Lamb, Poole, and Knight.

 

Dodson might not hang around either so that would be another spot. Also, I heard Stevenson is coming back but I thought he was a senior this past year?

 

He was... He's gone.

Alright, add another player to the list then. So currently we have 4 scholarships open then with a possible 5th if Dodson leaves. Plenty of spots open to grab a few more players.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.