Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds among most hated teams in baseball.

Featured Replies

Not sure I understand this one.

 

 

According to an internet algorithm built by Nielsen Co. that analyzes how people feel about certain things, the nation apparently hates the Reds.

A Wall Street Journal report shows that the Reds are the third-most hated team in baseball – just behind the Red Sox ( No. 2) and Indians (No. 1). That’s right, the study found that the Cleveland Indians – not the Yankees – were the most despised team in baseball. The Yankees were No. 5.

Hard to believe.

The most-liked teams were the Giants and A’s.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/

  • Replies 30
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That definitely doesn't make sense to me at all. From my travels and experience I would think that it would be the Yankees, Red Sox, and Cubs.

 

I love the Reds, but I honestly thought that they were a gnat in the whole scheme of things lol.

Surprising. The Reds are too harmless to hate. :lol:

Surprising. The Reds are too harmless to hate. :lol:

 

I agree...has to be Yankees and Red Sox, right?

This makes no sense, people in Cincinnati don't care about this team and I can imagine that no one in this country could name more than a couple players.

 

In the last 15 years the Reds have become a fly on the wall of an outhouse in the middle of the woods during a bad winter.

What the hell is an "internet algorithm?"

I absolutely hate the Indians. When I was growing up and the Twins were terrible, the Indians won or finished second in the division constantly. Now I have friends that are Indians fans say "For cryin out loud, do the Twins have to be good EVERY year?" Funny how these things work.

Blame the 70's.

 

I'd say Marge Schott would have more to do with any negative perception of the Reds than anything else.

Could this be spearheaded by PETA remembering the treatment of Schottzie and Jim Bowden's leather pants?

Surprised to see the Giants being one of the favorites. I thought a lot of people hated them. I know I do. Hard to like a team/organization that knew Barry Bonds was cheating and choose to do absolutely nothing until it became public, and cashed in big time on ticket sales and merchandise during the Home Run record breaking year.

I think a lot of it has to do with Joe Morgan and his constant on air comparisons to the Big Red Machine, maybe not as dominant a team as some think. Should have won more than two World Series.

 

Another thing. I think most of the U.S. just don't like people from Ohio. Might explain how the Reds and Indians make up the top three.

 

Other Reds factors to consider...

 

Pete Rose

Marty Brennaman

Marge Schott

Joe Morgan

 

 

Interesting List. Amazing the Mets aren't higher

 

Another thing. I think most of the U.S. just don't like people from Ohio. Might explain how the Reds and Indians make up the top three.

 

 

Now there's something I can relate with.

 

I especially don't like Ohio drivers! :lol:

I think a lot of it has to do with Joe Morgan and his constant on air comparisons to the Big Red Machine, maybe not as dominant a team as some think. Should have won more than two World Series.

 

I'd be interested to hear what you consider "dominant".

 

From what I understand, the Big Red Machine consists of the 1970 through 1976 teams. During that period, the Reds won 604 games & lost 360, including 1971 when they went 79-83. Over that 7 year span, they won games at slightly over a 60% rate.

 

If you take away the '71 season, their winning % was 62.66, including 3 seasons of 100+ wins.

 

They also won the division 5 times, including 4 NL pennants and 2 World Series. On average, they won about 98 games per season.

 

They are the only NL team in the last 75 years to win back-to-back World Championships, and the last NL team to do it since 1921 & 1922.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.