Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds among most hated teams in baseball.

Featured Replies

Now there's something I can relate with.

 

I especially don't like Ohio drivers! :lol:

Amen.

  • Replies 30
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd be interested to hear what you consider "dominant".

 

From what I understand, the Big Red Machine consists of the 1970 through 1976 teams. During that period, the Reds won 604 games & lost 360, including 1971 when they went 79-83. Over that 7 year span, they won games at slightly over a 60% rate.

 

If you take away the '71 season, their winning % was 62.66, including 3 seasons of 100+ wins.

 

They also won the division 5 times, including 4 NL pennants and 2 World Series. On average, they won about 98 games per season.

 

They are the only NL team in the last 75 years to win back-to-back World Championships, and the last NL team to do it since 1921 & 1922.

They were slightly better than the Oakland A's teams from 1988-92, which won exactly 60% of those games. The A's won a World title, lost two (one to the Reds in an upset), and lost in the ALCS. They won four division titles in five years.

 

Not sure why if the Big Red Machine was so dominant and put up slightly better numbers than the Bash Brothers, why the two aren't compared more. Big Red Machine overrated? Bash Brothers underrated?

How can anyone hate the Reds? They haven't been good this decade and their fans (myself included) know it.

I think a lot of it has to do with Joe Morgan and his constant on air comparisons to the Big Red Machine, maybe not as dominant a team as some think. Should have won more than two World Series.

 

Another thing. I think most of the U.S. just don't like people from Ohio. Might explain how the Reds and Indians make up the top three.

 

Other Reds factors to consider...

 

Pete Rose

Marty Brennaman

Marge Schott

Joe Morgan

 

 

 

Interesting List. Amazing the Mets aren't higher

 

Him more than the others. Marge would be a distant second

How can someone not like Marty?

 

I'm a Reds fan & I don't care for Marty.

 

He's better than Thom, though.

I think this study is deceiving. It says it used an internet algorithm that picked up on any negative posting, searching, etc. So this could be driven by frustrated reds fans posting things like "the Reds stink" etc.

I agree...has to be Yankees and Red Sox, right?

 

Looking at the top of the list 'most hated' leads me to believe that this poll is pretty bogus IMHO. I cannot believe this was a national poll and have a hard time giving it much merit.

The poll was flawed. It measured whether a person had a positive or negative feeling regarding different teams. So as a Reds fan, you may be angry, which is considered by this poll to be a negative feeling, thus dislike.

:lol: Can you blame them?

Only reason Kentucky doesn't slide into Tennessee is because Ohio sucks, everyone knows that.

Only reason Kentucky doesn't slide into Tennessee is because Ohio sucks, everyone knows that.

 

Heard the same joke regarding Texas not sliding into the gulf of Mexico.

Blame the 70's and some of their current fans.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.