Sicko refuses to sign with NFL team

Maybe the money is just not important, maybe he is someone who doesnt truly love the game of football just paid his dues sorta speak, I thinks its his deciscion and good for him for staying true to his wants and desires.

I agree. :thumb:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not knocking the guy for continuing school, clearly nobody is. I'm knocking him for trying to act all high and mighty for the NFL just because he didn't get drafted, which I personally think is a joke.

I didn't get that vibe from the player at all. But the author of the article definitely tried to send that vibe, which is not surprising at all.

I would take a few bullets in the gut for the chance to play in the NFL. I just dont understand why he is not even going to give it a chance. I dont think I could live with myself knowing that I didnt even try to make a NFL team when I had the opportunitiy.

I would take a few bullets in the gut for the chance to play in the NFL. I just dont understand why he is not even going to give it a chance. I dont think I could live with myself knowing that I didnt even try to make a NFL team when I had the opportunitiy.

Sicko signed with the Cowboys today from what espn.com says.

Edited by ukfan36

I didn't get that vibe from the player at all. But the author of the article definitely tried to send that vibe, which is not surprising at all.

”If I were to be drafted I would have had more confidence of a much longer career in the NFL," Sicko told the Albany Times Union on Saturday. "I have to look at my life and decide what will make me the happiest. And the thing that will make me the happiest now and in the long run is to pursue my education."

“After considering all factors, Scott has decided to become a member of the Dallas Cowboys. We are very grateful that the Cowboys have given Scott this opportunity and he is 100 percent committed to the Cowboys.”

----

I sure did.

I will never knock someone for wanting to get an education, but the way he worded it sounds like he is just salty he didn't get drafted.

That's my argument. I don't understand why we're having a debate between him getting an education and him playing football. You can do both. He makes it sound like he would have definitely played had he been drafted so its not a decision on football v education.

Glad to hear him take a shot. If it doesn't work, guess what? He can go to school.