Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sicko refuses to sign with NFL team

Featured Replies

Maybe the money is just not important, maybe he is someone who doesnt truly love the game of football just paid his dues sorta speak, I thinks its his deciscion and good for him for staying true to his wants and desires.

 

I agree. :thumb:

  • Replies 35
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All he has done is prove to the scouts that they were right! The scouts did a great job of not drafting him. Afterall, how likely would he have stuck it out if he were drafted?

Not the decision I would have made but if he's truly doing what makes him happy, good for him! As people have pointed out, if his heart isn't in it he wouldn't be around long anyway.

I'm not knocking the guy for continuing school, clearly nobody is. I'm knocking him for trying to act all high and mighty for the NFL just because he didn't get drafted, which I personally think is a joke.

 

I didn't get that vibe from the player at all. But the author of the article definitely tried to send that vibe, which is not surprising at all.

I would take a few bullets in the gut for the chance to play in the NFL. I just dont understand why he is not even going to give it a chance. I dont think I could live with myself knowing that I didnt even try to make a NFL team when I had the opportunitiy.

I would take a few bullets in the gut for the chance to play in the NFL. I just dont understand why he is not even going to give it a chance. I dont think I could live with myself knowing that I didnt even try to make a NFL team when I had the opportunitiy.

 

Sicko signed with the Cowboys today from what espn.com says.

Edited by ukfan36

Sicko signed with the cowboys today from what espn.com says.

 

All hail the almighty dollar :notworthy::notworthy:

If I don't get drafted next year, mark my words, I'll never play in the NFL.

 

Me neither. :thumb:

He would rather pursue a graduate degree so he's a joke? Give me a break.

 

Yeah pretty much. Waste more money instead of making it. Sounds like a joke to me.

I will never knock someone for wanting to get an education, but the way he worded it sounds like he is just salty he didn't get drafted.

Yeah pretty much. Waste more money instead of making it. Sounds like a joke to me.

 

 

:confused:

I didn't get that vibe from the player at all. But the author of the article definitely tried to send that vibe, which is not surprising at all.

”If I were to be drafted I would have had more confidence of a much longer career in the NFL," Sicko told the Albany Times Union on Saturday. "I have to look at my life and decide what will make me the happiest. And the thing that will make me the happiest now and in the long run is to pursue my education."

 

“After considering all factors, Scott has decided to become a member of the Dallas Cowboys. We are very grateful that the Cowboys have given Scott this opportunity and he is 100 percent committed to the Cowboys.”

----

 

I sure did.

I will never knock someone for wanting to get an education, but the way he worded it sounds like he is just salty he didn't get drafted.

 

That's my argument. I don't understand why we're having a debate between him getting an education and him playing football. You can do both. He makes it sound like he would have definitely played had he been drafted so its not a decision on football v education.

 

Glad to hear him take a shot. If it doesn't work, guess what? He can go to school.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.