Sicko refuses to sign with NFL team

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw this a few days ago and I get where the kid is coming from and the amount of time he is going to have to spend in school to get where he wants, BUT why not try it.

Just go to the rookie minicamps, go to camp in July/August and see where you stand. Even if he got cut after the first pre-season game or earlier, at least he can say he tried and then resume school.

Of course if he did make a roster, even a low level salary would be MORE than enough to cover any school costs he would ever have.

How can people knock this kid?

"I completely see where they're coming from. ... If I were to be drafted I would have had more confidence of a much longer career in the NFL. I have to look at my life and decide what will make me the happiest. And the thing that will make me the happiest now and in the long run is to pursue my education."

He is doing what makes him happy. What makes people think that he'd even show up for camp if he was drafted? Seems to me like he's ready to move on with his life and not getting drafted made that decision much easier.

Just because the author of the article portrays that the kid has some type of elitist attitude doesn't make it true. After all, it's not like the kid was a big time prospect anyway. He played for freakin' New Hampshire.

How can people knock this kid?

"... If I were to be drafted I would have had more confidence of a much longer career in the NFL. ."

The quote above tells me he would be in a camp if he got drafted.

The quote above tells me he would be in a camp if he got drafted.

That's only part of the quote. The rest of it says that he's doing what makes him happy...

Maybe he would have shown up in camp if he was drafted. Maybe he would have made the roster. I'd argue that he's in a better position as an undrafted FA than being drafted in the last rounds. But, even if he would show up in camp, who cares? He's doing what he wants to do, and that's what it's all about. To call him a "complete joke" for getting a graduate degree is absolutely absurd.

Hmm, risk playing in the NFL and likely being cut or pursuing your education to get a better job down the road. Yeah, this guy is a joke. Not really I was using something called sarcasm, I think it is a really smart move.