Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NCAA recommends expanding field to 68

Featured Replies

NCAA Men’s Basketball Committee passed a recommendation to increase tournament field to 68 beginning with 2011

 

per ESPN

  • Replies 31
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That would be better than 96. A play-in game to play all the No. 1 seeds.

I like this idea. Get 3 more "at large" teams in and eliminate 3 more conference champions with no chance one round earlier.

 

I would think teams like OVC and other low levels would like this too - it gives the bottom 8 teams a chance to win one game in the NCAA tournament.

I like the idea of having it as a two-day event or all-day Tuesday event in Dayton. Could make UD Arena a fun place to be with all those small-conference teams fighting for their spot.

I like this idea. Get 3 more "at large" teams in and eliminate 3 more conference champions with no chance one round earlier.

 

I would think teams like OVC and other low levels would like this too - it gives the bottom 8 teams a chance to win one game in the NCAA tournament.

 

Like the 3 more "at large" teams have a chance.

I'm not in favor expansion, but if it has to happen, please please please please PLEASE let it be this rather than 96 teams.

I like the play-in game idea for all 12 seed participants.

In many years, this is bad news for the OVC.

 

I like this idea. Get 3 more "at large" teams in and eliminate 3 more conference champions with no chance one round earlier.

 

I would think teams like OVC and other low levels would like this too - it gives the bottom 8 teams a chance to win one game in the NCAA tournament.

From a pure economic standpoint, the lower level conferences most certainly will like this format. The conference as a whole collects a check to be distributed accordingly depending upon games won. The OVC has had two consecutive good years because Morehead State and Murray State have each won.

I hope that this is the route that the NCAA decides to make. This is what I was hoping for a few months ago when they began talking expansion.

I could live with four play in games.

Like the 3 more "at large" teams have a chance.

 

I think it's a great move. The 3 more at large teams will be bubble teams.

 

This will hurt 3 of the 15 seeds the most, as they will likely be pushed down to 16's while the 16 seeds will be pushed down to "play in games".

 

It would've allowed for teams like Mississippi State, Va Tech & Illinois to get in. Those teams would likely be in the 11 - 13 range & very capable of winning a game or two.

TBS & TNT will also have coverage of the games, meaning that there should be 3 games on live TV in HD.

 

I'm pumped about this move. I think it's a great move all around. Much better than the 96 team format, and it'll also please some of the naysayers of the 65 team format.

TBS & TNT will also have coverage of the games, meaning that there should be 3 games on live TV in HD.

 

I'm pumped about this move. I think it's a great move all around. Much better than the 96 team format, and it'll also please some of the naysayers of the 65 team format.

 

I guess this officially kills DIRECTV's Mega March Madness package?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.