Top LB's in NKY

kyvince

Pretty sure O'Toole did it a few years ago.

Wilson played some LB and safety this year as well. It's not that uncommon for a Dixie QB to play defense.

O'Toole played some safety his senior year as they just didn't have the players.

Wilson didn't play any defense the last 2 years, but IMO, would've been a solid safety.

I highly doubt Pike plays any defense next year. O'Toole was the last to do so, and that was more out of necessity. Dixie has plenty of players now for that not to happen anymore.

Pike was a decent linebacker. However, he struggled in space and shedding blocks. When Dixie played a team that spread the field (Conner), he didn't see the field much.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not on the roster, I'm sure he's putting some work in the weight room, the kid is huge and I can't wait to see him without a bionic arm brace.

Lockard still plays coach Mcdonald said hes going to be a 250 pound beast this year along with Baldwin, Parker Deters and who ever they decide to be the other 2 LB's they will shut alot of teams down. Before some comments SK plays 5 LB's and 3 DL and 3 DB's.

This thread has gone on without the mention of Travis Elliot. Has anyone seen him lately? Hard to imagine he is 16...He and Mace and possibly Mac Vollet will be attacking the LOS very hard this year.

Elliott is impressive. The kid loves the weights and it shows. How much defense is he going to play? That may be why he hasn't been mentioned. I think most think he will be sitting out a lot of snaps on defense.

Elliott is impressive. The kid loves the weights and it shows. How much defense is he going to play? That may be why he hasn't been mentioned. I think most think he will be sitting out a lot of snaps on defense.

It will be a crime against his team to sit him out 1 meaningful down of defense...He will start OLB, just like he did the end of last season. Except, this season he will be prepared and a year older...

This thread has gone on without the mention of Travis Elliot. Has anyone seen him lately? Hard to imagine he is 16...He and Mace and possibly Mac Vollet will be attacking the LOS very hard this year.

100% agree!!!!! I would rest him on O if he needs it. If he play L.B. full time he could be one of the best in the state. IMO. He loves to hit people. :ylsuper:

Lockard still plays coach Mcdonald said hes going to be a 250 pound beast this year along with Baldwin, Parker Deters and who ever they decide to be the other 2 LB's they will shut alot of teams down. Before some comments SK plays 5 LB's and 3 DL and 3 DB's.

Do they want Lockard to add a lot of weight? His dad told me he is about 225 - 230, and as quick as ever. Didn't know if they thought he needed to gain weight to hit the 250 you mentioned. If he maintains his speed and quickness I would think 225 - 230 is more than sufficient for LB. It's definitely big enough in HS and even at D1 level.

It will be a crime against his team to sit him out 1 meaningful down of defense...He will start OLB, just like he did the end of last season. Except, this season he will be prepared and a year older...

I hear you. Elliott has an aggressive hitting defensive mentality but I would miss seeing that stiff arm if they sat him on offense.

• 1 month later...