Top LB's in NKY

kyvince

Since I am enjoying the latest revival of NKY Football discussion, I thought I would borrow an idea an start a LB thread.

One of the better ones I am aware of is Baldwin from Sk (I believe he is an Lb) I also think Kelly and Cain from NewCath will be very strong duo. If Zumdick from Dixie can return to full strength he will be a force as well.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SK should have two very good LBs in Baldwin and Lockard. They both seem to be in on every play.

I agree with you. I went to a lot of S.K's games last year. And their names were being called on just about every play. :thumb: :thumb:

SK should have two very good LBs in Baldwin and Lockard. They both seem to be in on every play.

I know Ken Lockard well, he is a great kid from a great family. I am so glad he came back to play football. I know he spent his Freshmen year at Calvary Christian, if memory serves me. Does he still play baseball as well? I know he was a very nice baseball player when he was younger.

Guest Birdflu
Surprised Court Mace of Ryle and Zeke Pike of Dixie haven't been mentioned yet.

Mace will likely lead nky in tackles next year. Very tough, hard nosed kid.

Will Pike play linebacker and quarterback? That would be tough.

I know Ken Lockard well, he is a great kid from a great family. I am so glad he came back to play football. I know he spent his Freshmen year at Calvary Christian, if memory serves me. Does he still play baseball as well? I know he was a very nice baseball player when he was younger.

He's not on the roster, I'm sure he's putting some work in the weight room, the kid is huge and I can't wait to see him without a bionic arm brace.

NewCath has a nice core of Tallon, Kelly, Cain, and Daunt. Each brings their own strength to the table. I don't know that individually and are the top of the top, but all four are very good players. Cain is a dynamic playmaker, Kelly and Tallon fill very hard, and Daunt is rangy.

NewCath has a nice core of Tallon, Kelly, Cain, and Daunt. Each brings their own strength to the table. I don't know that individually and are the top of the top, but all four are very good players. Cain is a dynamic playmaker, Kelly and Tallon fill very hard, and Daunt is rangy.

Cain and Kelly are definitely 2 of the top in NK. Tallon might end up on the line.

Will Highlands use Brendan Sullivan at the MLB spot or at Noseguard next year? I dont care where that kid plays, he is a freak and will do some tattooing next season. Kind of reminds me of the Waterboy when Adam Sandler gets mad and imagines the QB is making fun of his momma. LOL

Will Pike play linebacker and quarterback? That would be tough.

Pretty sure O'Toole did it a few years ago.

Wilson played some LB and safety this year as well. It's not that uncommon for a Dixie QB to play defense.

I was thinking the same thing about Holmes.

Individually, I don't think they have any elite LB's other than possibly Tommy Courtney, but as a group (Courtney, Charles Knox, Greg Clemons) they are going to be extremely good together.

Courtney is a big boy at 6'2 225 and flat out brings the pain.

Knox at 6'1 200 is extremely athletic and quick but also strong. Anyone who saw this kid on the hardwood knows how strong he is. He'd dominate the post at 6'1.

Clemons is a smaller guy at 5'10 185 lbs but is extremely quick. He also started at RB for Holmes last year.

Here's Courtney's highlight video from this past season.

Tommy Courtney: