Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The new look of the Kentucky Wildcats

Featured Replies

Very true...but I don't like the chances of UK landing T. Jones and/or Lamb.

 

Josh Smith has been recruiting them hard to come out to the west coast with him and wear blue and gold next year.

 

If Selby, Knight, and Leslie join Kanter and Poole, both T. Jones and Lamb will be riding the pine and forced to play behind them.

 

If they go to UCLA, they could have just as good of a shot at going far in the post season with T. Lamb, D. Lamb, J. Smith, and T. Jones.

 

Being in L.A could give those guys more exposure which means higher draft status if they're trying to be one and done players.

 

I could be completely wrong though...feel free to tell me if I am. Just what I'm thinking.

 

Josh Smith is a fat slob with zero work ethic, and very little love for the game. Think a fatter Yancy Gates with even less passion to play. I've watched the kid care less and less for 3 years now. See J'Mison Morgan...

  • Replies 51
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ala Rick Pitino downplaying Ron Mercer's abilities so he could snatch him up in the 1997 draft.

 

I hope it's a smoke screen, because if we lose all but 4, and the 4 left are Miller, Liggins, Hood, & Harrellson we're in some trouble next year no matter who we sign.

It could be a year like North Carolina had this year. :eek:

Josh Smith is a fat slob with zero work ethic, and very little love for the game. Think a fatter Yancy Gates with even less passion to play. I've watched the kid care less and less for 3 years now. See J'Mison Morgan...

 

Why don't you tell us how you REALLY feel about the kid GT... :lol:

 

Honestly though, Do you think that Selby, Leslie, and Knight committing together could affect their decisions?

Very true...but I don't like the chances of UK landing T. Jones and/or Lamb.

 

Josh Smith has been recruiting them hard to come out to the west coast with him and wear blue and gold next year.

 

If Selby, Knight, and Leslie join Kanter and Poole, both T. Jones and Lamb will be riding the pine and forced to play behind them.

 

If they go to UCLA, they could have just as good of a shot at going far in the post season with T. Lamb, D. Lamb, J. Smith, and T. Jones.

 

Being in L.A could give those guys more exposure which means higher draft status if they're trying to be one and done players.

 

I could be completely wrong though...feel free to tell me if I am. Just what I'm thinking.

 

I don't think Kanter plays the same position so he would not be the problem, and whose to say that Jones, or Lamb wouldn't start over Poole or Leslie.

I don't think Kanter plays the same position so he would not be the problem, and whose to say that Jones, or Lamb wouldn't start over Poole or Leslie.

 

Kanter, Jones, and Leslie are all in the 6'7-6'9 range, I believe.

 

Poole is either 6'5 or 6'6.

 

All are forwards that would join Liggins, Miller, and POSSIBLY Dodson if him going to the draft is just a Cousins' April Fools Joke.

 

Then you have Jon Hood who is also a 3/4 player. Obviously he isn't going to see much time, but just pointing out that there'd be a log jam at that position.

 

Then you have 6'3 Lamb who is a 1/2 type player. If Bledsoe stay, he would then be competing with Bledsoe, Selby, AND Knight for playing time.

 

If they go anywhere else, both could be stars their freshmen year.

 

But like I said before...I could be completely off. I guess we'll find out in the next 6 weeks.

Honestly though, Do you think that Selby, Leslie, and Knight committing together could affect their decisions?

 

No clue. Just saying I do know if they let Josh Smith impact where they go, it doesn't look good for their future.

 

For the most part, this is a very intelligent group of kids left on the market this late in the game, so there is really no way of knowing what will happen outside of guessing and hoping it sticks.

 

I will say this. It's clear that the UK targets are hearing a message that screams all the playing time you desire is going to be there for the taking. We'll see soon enough how that plays out...

No clue. Just saying I do know if they let Josh Smith impact where they go, it doesn't look good for their future.

 

For the most part, this is a very intelligent group of kids left on the market this late in the game, so there is really no way of knowing what will happen outside of guessing and hoping it sticks.

 

I will say this. It's clear that the UK targets are hearing a message that screams all the playing time you desire is going to be there for the taking. We'll see soon enough how that plays out...

 

The million dollar question however is this:

 

Do they want to share the spotlight together if they're all trying to be one and done?

 

As you said, we'll see soon enough how this plays out.

The million dollar question however is this:

 

Do they want to share the spotlight together if they're all trying to be one and done?

 

As you said, we'll see soon enough how this plays out.

There are 4 FROSH positioned in the top 20 for this draft. That is what kids react to now. Right or wrong, if you want to phrase it as a "million dollar" question you are selling that impact quite a few million short...

Kanter, Jones, and Leslie are all in the 6'7-6'9 range, I believe.

 

Poole is either 6'5 or 6'6.

 

All are forwards that would join Liggins, Miller, and POSSIBLY Dodson if him going to the draft is just a Cousins' April Fools Joke.

 

Then you have Jon Hood who is also a 3/4 player. Obviously he isn't going to see much time, but just pointing out that there'd be a log jam at that position.

 

Then you have 6'3 Lamb who is a 1/2 type player. If Bledsoe stay, he would then be competing with Bledsoe, Selby, AND Knight for playing time.

 

If they go anywhere else, both could be stars their freshmen year.

 

But like I said before...I could be completely off. I guess we'll find out in the next 6 weeks.

 

When have you ever seen Hood play the 4 spot? :confused:

Very true...but I don't like the chances of UK landing T. Jones and/or Lamb.

 

Josh Smith has been recruiting them hard to come out to the west coast with him and wear blue and gold next year.

 

If Selby, Knight, and Leslie join Kanter and Poole, both T. Jones and Lamb will be riding the pine and forced to play behind them.

 

If they go to UCLA, they could have just as good of a shot at going far in the post season with T. Lamb, D. Lamb, J. Smith, and T. Jones.

 

Being in L.A could give those guys more exposure which means higher draft status if they're trying to be one and done players.

 

I could be completely wrong though...feel free to tell me if I am. Just what I'm thinking.

 

Oh my word, you mean he's trying to get them to come to school with him? This has to be the first time in history a recruit has tried to get other players to come to his school......:idunno:

 

Thanks for the ground breaking information.:D:thumb:. I'm just playing man, but this kind of stuff happens all the time, just follow some football recruiting.

After Reading Selby's comments, he sounds like a big time prima donna. Coach Cal Brings in 5 McDonald boys he will be grey headed after next year. All of them wanting to turn pro. I guess Cal is used to it but it sets up to be a long season. Not saying wont win a lot of games but lots of headaches.

 

http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/demling/blog.html

There are 4 FROSH positioned in the top 20 for this draft. That is what kids react to now. Right or wrong, if you want to phrase it as a "million dollar" question you are selling that impact quite a few million short...

 

What players do you think UK lands as of right now?

I think we get Knight, Leslie, Kanter, and Poole for sure. I doubt we get Selby because he wouldn't want to take a backseat to Knight like Bledsoe did this year. I just dont see Jones and Lamb coming.

Anybody see the editorial cartoon related to this subject in the C-J yesterday?

bilde.jpeg

The million dollar question however is this:

 

Do they want to share the spotlight together if they're all trying to be one and done?

 

As you said, we'll see soon enough how this plays out.

 

What would lead them to believe that they can't play together? Cal did a fantastic job this year and will send 4 starters to the NBA. Wall, Bledsoe, and Cousins each got a lot of love & publicity. More importantly, they'll all be NBA players.

 

 

There are 4 FROSH positioned in the top 20 for this draft. That is what kids react to now. Right or wrong, if you want to phrase it as a "million dollar" question you are selling that impact quite a few million short...

 

:thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.