March 21, 201016 yr Heard that coach Cal said after the game last nite that Orton had a decision to make after the season. Surely he is not going to go pro or transfer? Only reason I ask these question is because I feel that Orton has the potential to be one of the better players to ever play at Kentucky if sticks around for atleast 2 more years. Anybody no of these rumors and if there is any truth to them?
March 21, 201016 yr I honestly just cannot see Orton leaving. As much as he's improved thus far being a bench player, think what he could do next year..He has the chance to be a top 10 pick next year if he stick around.
March 21, 201016 yr I agree he needs to stay a few more years. I really don't even think about any of them leaving, not even Wall! If they stay they stay, if they leave they leave. I'll worry about that after the season, and even then talking/worrying about it won't prevent it from happening if they are leaving. I am having too much fun watching them this year to think about this stuff, and i'm sure they are getting tired of people asking them all the time what they will do after this season is over.
March 21, 201016 yr Author Only reason I even asked this question is because Orton is by far my favorite player on the team and would hate to see him leave early or even worse transfer. Just seems when he is in the game UK plays with more heart and fire.
March 21, 201016 yr Pro scouts have apparently started to take notice of Orton and his improvement this season. They see a big body and solid progress thru the season. I think he needs another year or two, but he has something you cannot coach, ... size. Considering that he missed most of his senior year due to a knee injury, he has recuperated nicely and shows a ton of upside. I would be surprised if he leaves, ... but with the potential labor agreement running out, this is the year that many kids think if they can be a first rounder they should go because there could be no guarantees in next year's draft as far as money if an agreement is not reached.
March 21, 201016 yr I couldn't imagine that he would leave in either scenario. Why would he transfer? I'm sure that he would have a great chance to be picked in the draft this year, but I think most feel that he needs at least one more season.
March 21, 201016 yr Pro scouts have apparently started to take notice of Orton and his improvement this season. They see a big body and solid progress thru the season. I think he needs another year or two, but he has something you cannot coach, ... size. Considering that he missed most of his senior year due to a knee injury, he has recuperated nicely and shows a ton of upside. I would be surprised if he leaves, ... but with the potential labor agreement running out, this is the year that many kids think if they can be a first rounder they should go because there could be no guarantees in next year's draft as far as money if an agreement is not reached. That knee injury in high school is what worries me, why even take a chance on something like that happening again if you can be taken in the 1st or 2nd round this year. You've got to strike while the iron is hot these days.
March 21, 201016 yr My Question is Daniel Orton better than Randolph Morris as a freshmen?Right now I don't think so.I think Morris needed to stay his four years at UK.IMO extra time playing college ball is a ten times better than being in the NBA development league!Just my opinion!:thumb:
March 21, 201016 yr My Question is Daniel Orton better than Randolph Morris as a freshmen?Right now I don't think so.I think Morris needed to stay his four years at UK.IMO extra time playing college ball is a ten times better than being in the NBA development league!Just my opinion!:thumb: Morris has been collecting $500,000 a year the past 3 years, I believe, sitting on the Atlanta Hawks bench. When did he get sent to the development league?
March 21, 201016 yr That knee injury in high school is what worries me, why even take a chance on something like that happening again if you can be taken in the 1st or 2nd round this year. You've got to strike while the iron is hot these days. If he isn't sure he is a first round pick, the knee injury is a big reason to stay. ACL surgery normally take two years for the player to get back to what they were. His sophmore year will be the true test of how well his knee will hold up and the type of player he will be. He will be the feature post player on a team that will have tremendous talent (assuming Calipari can get some commits). The only way he can even consider going, IMO, is if he knows he will go in round one. If he doesn't get the guarentee, he needs to return and have a monster sophmore year. I think he is more than capable. As I said in another forum, he needs to go to Chicago for the pre-draft camp and get a rating and see where he shakes out. I think that will be the best idea for his future. He will get feedback on what he needs to work on and he will get an assessment of where he is from NBA scouts. I just hope he doesn't jump the gun and sign with an agent.
March 21, 201016 yr ^Don't you think Orton would probably like to be more than a bench warmer that makes $500,000 per year? It's a lot of money to us common folks but peanuts compared to what a quality big man gets in the league.
March 21, 201016 yr ^Don't you think Orton would probably like to be more than a bench warmer that makes $500,000 per year? It's a lot of money to us common folks but peanuts compared to what a quality big man gets in the league. The only way he is guarenteed a roster spot is to be a first round pick. He needs the assurance, IMO. He could get drafted in round 2 and be cut before the season starts. That would leave him in the d-league or in Europe. Why do that if he can develop at UK and get to be a first round pick? That is why I think he needs to go to the pre-draft camp in Chicago. He needs to get rated and be sure he is a round 1 pick to get the guarenteed money before he commits to leaving, IMO.
March 22, 201016 yr He'd be completely foolish to even ponder leaving for the NBA. He's improved during the season but he's not far from being a lottery pick, I'd love to think he'll be in blue and white for two more seasons. I'll cross my fingers.
March 22, 201016 yr My Question is Daniel Orton better than Randolph Morris as a freshmen?Right now I don't think so.I think Morris needed to stay his four years at UK.IMO extra time playing college ball is a ten times better than being in the NBA development league!Just my opinion!:thumb: Morris never played behind Demarcus Cousins either. Sometimes that's easy to forget.
March 22, 201016 yr Morris has been collecting $500,000 a year the past 3 years, I believe, sitting on the Atlanta Hawks bench. When did he get sent to the development league? $855,189 this year. Just saying.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.