Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky Recuiting Updates

Featured Replies

Any word on Terrence Jones? I was really impressed with him when he was on ESPN.

  • Replies 268
  • Views 34k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

The latest on Jones and Ross:

 

Kentucky 2010 recruits Terrence Ross and Terrence Jones may join forces soon - in more ways than one.

 

There are reports by OregonLive.com that Ross is filing an eligibility appeal with the Oregon School Activities Association's eligibility appeals board.

 

The eligibility meeting will come one day before Jefferson (Or.) High School opens postseason competition. The OSAA executive director expects a decision by Friday, assuming the committee doesn't have a need for more information.

 

Ross has been practicing with the team. He still lists Kansas, Kentucky, Oklahoma, Washington and Oregon as his potential college choices.

 

Another rumor that has started today is that Jones and Ross may be nearing a decision to commit to Washington. Both players have Washington on their lists and it would not be shocking if they chose the Huskies.

 

I consider that a rumor for now, but is something that is worth keeping an eye on.

  • Author

The latest on Knight:

 

Kentucky recruit Brandon Knight and Pine Crest were unable to win their third consecutive Florida Class 3A state championship this afternoon.

 

The Panthers fell 70-46 to Tallahassee Rickards.

 

Knight, the No. 1 overall player in the 2010 Class, scored 18 points but was slowed significantly by a sore groin. He finished 5-10 from the field.

 

Several sources are reporting that a college announcement will be "coming soon" from Knight. A friend in Miami that has followed Knight's recruitment closely is hearing that Knight is likely down to Florida and Kentucky as his final two.

 

Officially, he still lists Kentucky, Florida, Kansas, Connecticut and Miami.

  • Author
Not Wireman, but Knight has kept everything very, very close to the vest in his recruitment. Logic says UK is in a great position, but the kid hasn't tipped his hand at all outside of cutting down his list. I expect him to land at UK but wouldn't be shocked one bit if he decided otherwise...

 

That's why I said take it FWIW...

That's why I said take it FWIW...

No worries, just passing on what I know about the situation...

  • Author
No worries, just passing on what I know about the situation...

 

I think those UF/UK rumors are the "general consensus" that was going around during their state tournament. You know how that goes...

I think those UF/UK rumors are the "general consensus" that was going around during their state tournament. You know how that goes...

That's what I figured as well. With as quiet as everyone in the Knight camp has kept things I find it hard to believe they are leaking information now...

As long as we pull Knight and CJ Leslie I won't be disappointed. I really like what I've seen from Leslie.

  • Author
That's what I figured as well. With as quiet as everyone in the Knight camp has kept things I find it hard to believe they are leaking information now...

 

I do believe Knight when he says he'll be announcing soon; especially since the season is over now.

I do believe Knight when he says he'll be announcing soon; especially since the season is over now.

I do as well. I'm sure he will sit down with his family very soon and make a decision...

If Knight choses Florida where will that leave Coach Cal and the Cats for a point guard next year? I know there's a good possibility that Bledoes comes back, but would there be other options for an incoming Freshman for next year?

If Knight choses Florida where will that leave Coach Cal and the Cats for a point guard next year? I know there's a good possibility that Bledoes comes back, but would there be other options for an incoming Freshman for next year?

 

If i remember correctly from the ESPN game Knight played, he played the two guard most of the night. So moving Bledsoe to the point and Knight at the two would work out well too. Knight could also run the point if Bledsoe disappears again like he has been lately.

If Knight choses Florida where will that leave Coach Cal and the Cats for a point guard next year? I know there's a good possibility that Bledoes comes back, but would there be other options for an incoming Freshman for next year?

 

Selby doesn't seem like much of an option any more and there isn't much else out there left in the 2010 class at PG. Doron Lamb is a more natural SG but can play some point and UK is still in the running for him...

Selby doesn't seem like much of an option any more and there isn't much else out there left in the 2010 class at PG. Doron Lamb is a more natural SG but can play some point and UK is still in the running for him...

 

GT- I heard G Meyer (Rivals) say that Coach Cal hasnt been in much on Selby, does that mean he expects Knight to be a lock for UK? Or is he just putting all his eggs in that one basket?

Meyer said he thought Selby was pretty much Kansas lock.

GT- I heard G Meyer (Rivals) say that Coach Cal hasnt been in much on Selby, does that mean he expects Knight to be a lock for UK? Or is he just putting all his eggs in that one basket?

Meyer said he thought Selby was pretty much Kansas lock.

Let's just say it was likely best for both parties to go in different directions. The whole Selby recruitment has been a train wreck waiting to happen IMO...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.