Maryland 79 Duke 72

Hangman

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This should solidify Vasquez as POY in the ACC. Hes led a team inferior in talent to Duke and with a win this weekend over Virgina will have atleast tied for the ACC championship. Vasquez made the big shot last night to pretty much win the game for Maryland as well. Hes had a great year and deserves the award.

Rock Pride, no disrespect but the last time I checked Teams are ranked and win Championships not Conferences! Also, it's a wonderful day in KY anytime Duke loses! lol I know I'm a crazy UK fan but still feel the pain of Latner Shot heard round the Bluegrass! Go Big Blue the all time winnest tradition in College Basketball! Also, I hate to admit it but Coach K is a classy guy and a great Coach!

For those who wanted Scheyer as a first team All-American, I think Vasquez is the more deserving player of ACC player of the year. 19.5 PPG, 4.7 RPG, 6.4 APG is not too bad, and he's led Maryland to a 12-3 record in conference and a top 25 ranking.

Really cant wait for Vasquez to be gone. The guy really is the biggest thorn in my side. He has been at Maryland for the past 9 years and every year it seems like he finds a way to shred my Dukies.

I thought they said on the game that Duke had won the last 7 meetings. Maybe it was on another game, this time of year they all run together seems like.

Really cant wait for Vasquez to be gone. The guy really is the biggest thorn in my side. He has been at Maryland for the past 9 years and every year it seems like he finds a way to shred my Dukies.
I believe they said last night he has been there 10 years.:D Don't you just hate it when players stick around that long.

Maryland, act like you have been there before. I mean gee whiz, you guys have won a National championship. Charging the court only lets dUKe think they are big time and it is a big deal to beat dUKe. Dont give dUKe the satisfaction of thinking that. Plus I wonder if any student grabbed the game ball the player rolled onto the court.

I thought they said on the game that Duke had won the last 7 meetings. Maybe it was on another game, this time of year they all run together seems like.

I believe they said Maryland won the last 6, but I think GA was referring to what Vasquez has done to the dUKies.