Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region Predictions?

Who wins Region 9? 140 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins Region 9?

    • Ryle
      6%
      9
    • Newport
      3%
      5
    • St. Henry
      1%
      2
    • Covington Catholic
      3%
      5
    • Holmes
      61%
      86
    • Dixie Heights
      0%
      1
    • Newport Central Catholic
      17%
      24
    • Boone County
      5%
      8

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Ryle over Newport

Cov Cath over St. Henry

Holmes over Dixie Heights

Boone County over NCC

 

Ryle over Cov. Cath.

Boone over Holmes

 

Boone over Ryle

 

I think NCC will struggle at BOKC with the 3 point shot like an earlier poster pointed out. I think the Boone/Holmes game is a coin flip (ok, perhaps more than a coin flip on the Holmes side, but I am a Rebel fan) and I think Ryle has the easiest draw against St. Henry although I like Faust and how he seems to always have him teams 'over achieve' year in and year out. I believe Ryle/Cov. Cath. is a toss up game.

 

That means round 4 for the Rebels and Raiders for the 9th region Championship Game. Hopefully, Ryle doesn't get off to the hot start like they did in the District Championship game and the Rebels prevail.

  • Replies 58
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's tourny time, and I'm well aware that anything can happen, but Holmes experience will pull them through. They seem to find another level this time of year, that not to many here in NKY can compete with.

Holmes length and athleticism are a big advantage on a bigger court. If a team gets hot shooting though look out. Anything can happen. There have been a lot of great teams have their season ended in the region tournament. If they win it they will have to earn it!

Holmes should still be the favorite until it is taken from them...

Holmes should still be the favorite until it is taken from them...

 

Everyone agrees on that and Holmes has certainly earned that position.

Ryle over Newport

CovCath over St. Henry

 

Holmes over Dixie Heights

NewCath over Boone County

 

Round 2

Ryle over Cov. Cath.

Holmes over New Cath.

 

Final

Holmes over Ryle

Agreed:thumb:
Ryle over Newport

CovCath over St. Henry

 

Holmes over Dixie Heights

NewCath over Boone County

 

Round 2

Ryle over Cov. Cath.

Holmes over New Cath.

 

Final

Holmes over Ryle

 

Could easily see this happening. I think most people would agree these are all the favorites to win these games right now. But it makes the most sense and I would believe this is most likely out come. But every year we seem to be amazed by something.

Funny how Newport has one bad game and many people have them scratched off their bracket.

Funny how Newport has one bad game and many people have them scratched off their bracket.

 

I have been a doubter of them all season for some reason.

Newport should thrive on the open floor. I think they shake the big game jittres and attack the rim early and often.

Newport should thrive on the open floor. I think they shake the big game jittres and attack the rim early and often.

 

 

 

I agree and the All "A" game on the floor in Richmond will help it's about like Northern.Some teams have not played in big gym like that this year.

Everyone is acting like holmes is the team of god. Holmes comes into almost every game thinking there gunna beat every team. This is why they have lost 5 games this season..not saying there good. But this region is wide open. Any team can win it..its about who wants it more.. I have New cath winning the region ( they've been proving thereselves over the last few games)

Everyone is acting like holmes is the team of god. Holmes comes into almost every game thinking there gunna beat every team. This is why they have lost 5 games this season..not saying there good. But this region is wide open. Any team can win it..its about who wants it more.. I have New cath winning the region ( they've been proving thereselves over the last few games)

 

I disagree, its Holmes' Region and they have proven it by winning the last couple Regional titles as well as a state title. Until another 9th Region team can do better I say its their's to lose. With that said they are vulnerable in certain areas this season and have shown signs of letting up once they get a commanding lead on an opponent. I am not saying they are unbeatable but they must be respected and the team that knocks them off will have to shoot lights out and force them to take bad shots. That is the only way anyone can beat them.

 

If NCC can shoot the way they have while on this run then they probably will make it very tough for Holmes to get to the finals. JMO

I have been a doubter of them all season for some reason.

 

Could it be because they've been a sleeper (and asleep, I might add) since the inception of BGP?

Everyone is acting like holmes is the team of god. Holmes comes into almost every game thinking there gunna beat every team. This is why they have lost 5 games this season..not saying there good. But this region is wide open. Any team can win it..its about who wants it more.. I have New cath winning the region ( they've been proving thereselves over the last few games)

 

The only negative you have on Holmes is that they go into every game thinking they're going to win?

 

In my mind, that's a huge plus.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.