Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

8th Region Draw

Featured Replies

Not sure of the game times but the draw goes like this....

 

Monday night:

 

South Oldham plays Shelby

Simon Kenton Plays Owen

 

Tuesday Night:

 

Carroll plays Walton

Anderson Plays Oldham

 

 

 

What say you, 8th region?

The top bracket looks very solid, SK has their work cut out for them.

This should be a great tournament. To me Simon at Simon will be a tough out and I like their chances. But, I would not be surprised if more than one district runner-up advances to the semi's.

 

South seems to be playing really well and Shelby took Anderson to OT in the district finals - this has the makings of a Classic.

 

I heard Owen played really well in the District tournament, but it will be a tall order to beat Simon at Simon. Wainscott and Gayheart, two of the better guards in the region, should be a very interesting match-up.

 

Walton is coming off a high beating Simon in the finals, but Carroll is very well coached and beating a team 4 times is never easy.

 

Oldham has made great strides this year, but they will have a hard time with a very good Anderson team.

 

The only thing I really know is this should be a great tournament.

Posted by rernst February 27th, 2010, 4:24 pm Here ya go:

 

At Simon Kenton

 

Monday

 

South Oldham vs. Shelby County, 6 p.m.

 

Owen County vs. Simon Kenton, 7:30 p.m.

 

Tuesday

 

Walton-Verona vs. Carroll County, 6 p.m.

 

Anderson County vs. Oldham County, 7:30 p.m.

 

Friday

 

South Oldham/Shelby winner vs. Owen/SK winner, 6 p.m.

 

Walton/Carroll winner vs. Anderson/Oldham winner, 7:30 p.m.

 

Saturday

 

Finals, 7 p.m.

I'm excited. I think if there is a favorite place to be it is at HOME with AC and WV in the other bracket. SK has only played Shelby Co. and WV (3 times) in this group this year. They beat Shelby Co. without Wainscott.

 

WAINSCOTT-BROWN-PONZER all need to strap in and stay on the floor. PACE - BLEVINS have gotten better each game. If these 5 and a good showing from 6 / 7 STEPHENSON - ARIS play the way they know how they have got to be rewarded!

 

I would like to see .....SK and :idunno: in the FINAL!

Here is my two cents. I think Simon was probably the runner-up no one wanted, especially on their home court. However, Owen could be a difficult match-up with their guard play. Speaking of runner-ups, don't sleep on Shelby. They are getting better and better. Remember they played South in a close one earlier in the season Likewise, Carroll an WV will be an interesting match-up. It was a very close game before and Medford will have them ready. Anderson/Oldham could be a track meet. The interesting thing will be how do the young kids respond to the regional tourney. Coach Kays has done a great job competing with far and away the youngest team in the region. That being said, I think Simon, South, WV and Anderson will advance. But who knows? Anyone could go home in the first round.

While I do think SK will have an advantage playing at home ebrown, I wouldn't go punching that ticket to the finals just yet. South Oldham is a quality team, and it would be interesting to see if they put Whitfield on Wainscott defensively, as her length could present some problems. Not saying that South would win, but it is why they play the games!

While I do think SK will have an advantage playing at home ebrown, I wouldn't go punching that ticket to the finals just yet. South Oldham is a quality team, and it would be interesting to see if they put Whitfield on Wainscott defensively, as her length could present some problems. Not saying that South would win, but it is why they play the games!

 

Don't know how you got punching a ticket out of my comments. I was simply saying if you were wishing for a break you have to be happy if your SK. I think this is wide open and any one of these teams could go to BG out of this tournament. That being said, any break a team can get out of this set of 8 is welcome one. My thoughts.....:eek:

I think this is wide open and any one of these teams could go to BG out of this tournament.

 

I will completely agree with this.

Hey, hey, hey, if they are selling a tourney pass, you'd better get on it, 'cause this tourney is going to be well worth more than the price of admission! Fireworks right off the bat with the first round games - especially with the gravity of the top bracket. I know I'm mixing metaphors here, but every team has a strong suit and chinks in its armor, so it will be like a high-stakes chess match by each coach to pull out the win. And you can scrap all of the 20-plus games per squad, as it's of NO consequence now. It's like a three game Texas hold 'em mini-marathon at Simon Kenton High School. Boys and girls, you just gotta love it!!! The one group of young ladies that pulls together the best from now until next Saturday night will cut down the strings and ride a big yellow bus down to WKU.

Hey, hey, hey, if they are selling a tourney pass, you'd better get on it, 'cause this tourney is going to be well worth more than the price of admission! Fireworks right off the bat with the first round games - especially with the gravity of the top bracket. I know I'm mixing metaphors here, but every team has a strong suit and chinks in its armor, so it will be like a high-stakes chess match by each coach to pull out the win. And you can scrap all of the 20-plus games per squad, as it's of NO consequence now. It's like a three game Texas hold 'em mini-marathon at Simon Kenton High School. Boys and girls, you just gotta love it!!! The one group of young ladies that pulls together the best from now until next Saturday night will cut down the strings and ride a big yellow bus down to WKU.

 

Mix metaphos all you want, well stated.

Sounds like everyone is from the same area pretty much! While most of you would not know because you have not been watching them play for 2 years(at the Jr. level of course) those Anderson "Rooty Poots" are pretty darn good. All i can say is get your popcorn.

IMO: A SK vs. WV rematch Saturday night for all the marbles.

Anyone have any insight on 7th Region officiating?? Just curious since that is who will be officiating the tournament.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.