Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who is the best shooter out of KY freshman??

Featured Replies

I know you guys are talking about freshman, but I think Brandon Hatton from Dixie Heights has to be on of the top 3pt shooters in the state.

 

And the top 3 in NKY

 

You are saying top 3 for freshman and younger, right? Because if you are talking overall, he isn't even the best 3 point shooter on his own team. That would be Matt Trammel.

I would put Zach McNeil up against anybody in the state, the kid can flat out shoot it.

 

:thumb: He is the best that I have seen--only an 8th grader.

I would put Zach McNeil up against anybody in the state, the kid can flat out shoot it.

 

The best I have seen..:thumb:

:thumb: He is the best that I have seen--only an 8th grader.

 

McNeil is the best shooter and hatton is the best all around player.

McNeil is the best shooter and hatton is the best all around player.

 

In 8th grade, you may be right, but not at the freshman level. Omar Prewitt is the best freshman shooter I have seen. As for all around player, Darryl Hicks is the best freshman in the state.

Gotta Throw Quentin Snider in with the 8th grade group.

 

Fern Creek Traditional High School (9 - 10 - 0) 21 12 15 27 75

Iroquois High School (16 - 5 - 0) 16 18 26 22 82

 

Game Summary

T1: Fern Creek (9-10) - Snider 19, Moore 4, Smith 9, Rutledge 28, Robinson 13, Warren 2.

T2: Iroquois (16-5) - Tolliver 11, S. Gibbs 1, Whitlock 19, Jackson 27, D. Gibbs 11, Wade 8, Kemp 1, Anderson 4.

3P: Snider 5, Whitlock 1, Wade 1, Jackson 1.

All of these kids are great shooters and I believe all of the eighth graders have played on the same team during aau ball. If you are going to compare game stats, Hatton had 34 points and seven three point goals in an overtime win vs Simon Kenton. I hope all of these kids live up to the hype that everyone gives them, don't get the big head and keep working there tails off to accomplish there dreams.

There is a Freshman at Pulaski County names Taylor Gover, that shoots the ball well from beyond the the 3pt line, he will continue to get better.

I haven't seen alot of HS bball this season, but I'll mention Kyle Brown at West Carter. His percentage is alot lower most likely than it should be because teams focus on him with Rayburn out.

Omar Prewitt of Montgomery County, and it's not close! McNeil and Hatton can really shoot it as well, but they are 8th graders. Prewitt's shooting mechanics are flawless. All 5 times I have seen him play he shot it very well. Omar will go down as one of the best pure shooters ever in Kentucky.

Omar Prewitt of Montgomery County, and it's not close! McNeil and Hatton can really shoot it as well, but they are 8th graders. Prewitt's shooting mechanics are flawless. All 5 times I have seen him play he shot it very well. Omar will go down as one of the best pure shooters ever in Kentucky.

 

Congrats on having seen every freshman in the state to be able to sum up who is actually number one! :thumb:

Omar is the best I have seen but I haven't seen every freshman.:lol:

 

Another 10th region sharpshooter is the southpaw from Pendleton County

Mason Monroe. He shot 42.5% (17/40) last year in varsity action as an 8th grader. He shoots for a high percentage but does not have a high attempt mainly because he is counted on to get the ball up the floor and set up the offense. When he does shoot them they are usually big time baskets. He hit two big ones in their win over Bryan Station to put them in the lead at 42-40 and one at the end of the 3rd quarter a buzzer beater to put them up 45-40.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.