Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Does UK Need To Lose A Game?

Featured Replies

I was wondering? Do the Cats need to lose a game? Or would them going undefeated be a good thing? I hear people all the time on ESPN saying how the need to lose a game. Myself, I think going undefeated would be fine. I was JW what you guys thought.

If you can go undefeated, there is no reason to lose... But typically, the pressure becomes too much for a team and losing is actually a relief. They need to stay loose, I don't want them to feel too much pressure to win every game.

I don't. Why learn how to lose? The last thing any team needs is a benchmark on how to lose a game. Keep winning. Losing helps nothing, imo.

I never believed in this philosophy and still don't. If they lose their next game, there is still just as much pressure to win every one after that. Part of playing collegiate sports.

They might be just young enough to win them all because they don't know any better.

 

I remember the '72 Dolphins and Csonka later saying, "We were all so young, we didn't know you HAD to lose at least a game in the NFL so it didn't seem such a big deal then as it does now."

Nope, they are at the point that they should run the table from here on out.

No it's just an excuse when teams lose in the tourney if they were previously undefeated. I think the NCAA tourney is a different animal, once you're in throw the records out. If UK continues to win they will have just as much pressure in either scenario IMO.

They won't lose until the first round of the NCAA Tourney....

 

Good gosh. Talk about a BGP Meltdown. :lol:

No it's just an excuse when teams lose in the tourney if they were previously undefeated. I think the NCAA tourney is a different animal, once you're in throw the records out. If UK continues to win they will have just as much pressure in either scenario IMO.

 

:thumb:

 

Regardless of their record, when the tourney starts, they will experience a pressure they have ever felt before.

 

Not to mention, they are UK players that are now #1, so they will begin to feel the pressure to win every game now, regardless.

Texas needed to lose a game and experience a good loss.

 

And we see how that snowballed.

 

:thumb:

 

Yep, it taught them how to lose.

For teams who are undefeated and start showboating and start playing with no fundamentals or being careless, then yes I believe a loss brings them back down to Earth.

 

BUT, for teams who constantly are in the game for the whole 40 minutes and are hustling, playing defense and showing passion and strong emotion then I see no reason for them to HAVE TO experience a loss.

 

 

That is one of the dumbest things I've heard of, "A team needs to lose and not go undefeated". That is ridiculous.

The Cats don't need to lose,they can do something really special this season

by going 40-0.So why do you need to lose a game just by taking some presure off,theres always going be presure playing for Kentucky no matter what.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.