Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Does UK Need To Lose A Game?

Featured Replies

So I'm assuming from reading everyone's posts, that you all don't subscribe to the theory, "In order to learn how to win, you must first learn how to lose."

Always win if you can. NFL differs from NCAA basketball in that respect.:thumb:.

Nope, they are at the point that they should run the table from here on out.

 

Classic.

 

I think we still end up losing 2 games before the NCAA tourney.

So I'm assuming from reading everyone's posts, that you all don't subscribe to the theory, "In order to learn how to win, you must first learn how to lose."

 

Patterson, Stevenson, Harrelson, Miller and Harris have already learned that.....Maybe they are trying to make sure the freshmen don't have to experience it....

For teams who are undefeated and start showboating and start playing with no fundamentals or being careless, then yes I believe a loss brings them back down to Earth.

 

BUT, for teams who constantly are in the game for the whole 40 minutes and are hustling, playing defense and showing passion and strong emotion then I see no reason for them to HAVE TO experience a loss.

 

 

That is one of the dumbest things I've heard of, "A team needs to lose and not go undefeated". That is ridiculous.

 

My thoughts exactly. And I believe a team that hasn't lost carries more confidence and belief that they will not lose, that some one will make a play to win in a tight game. It's that old saying about playing to win versus not to lose. If you lose one, then there is that thought in the back of your mind that you could lose and that brings pressure. I'll take the confident undefeated team.

Like Calipari said a few weeks ago......

 

As long as the guys are staying grounded and bringing their hard hats to practice and to games there is no reason to lose a game just for the sake of losing it. Now if they start acting like they are on top of the world, and need a wake up call to bring them back down a level, then a loss would help. But never is there a situation where you need to lose. Cal said something along these lines, and I agree one hundred percent. Will UK go undefeated until the tourney? I highly doubt it, although I hope they do. The thing about being KENTUCKY is, and now even more so with the number one ranking. You are going to be getting everyone's best shot. It doesn't matter who the opposition is, the Cats will almost be guaranteed to get whatever team it is' best game of the season. The target will only continue to get bigger the closer we get to March. BUT, these kind of games and situations will only help the CATS in the clutch. This is shaping up to be a very magical season, or a very heart wrenching one. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Either way, every true UK fans' hopes are up so high that they have to watch out for airplanes. Let's just hope they don't come crashing back down to earth.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.