Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Stats.....comparison...

Featured Replies

Crush, Melo, Beastly and Rose all left legendary stamps on the college game. Fact...

:thumb:

  • Replies 132
  • Views 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Outside of Psycho T, none of your examples are from todays NCAA which was the basis of my post.

 

Well in that sense....I think that Redick could be in consideration...but he never got it done in the tourney.....Jason Williams from Duke is in that breath....actually Battier could maybe even be considered...Keep in mind there aren't supposed to be legends every single year....too many people try to make people more than they are, were, or contributed.

^ You may remember them as legends but history won't....you have to leave a stamp on the game....and in one year...it just doesn't happen...yes, to be a legend you have to stay a little bit.

 

That's why Durant, Rose and Melo are still brought up as the one and doners that have changed the game. Right.

Crush, Melo, Beastly and Rose all left legendary stamps on the college game. Fact...

 

:thumb: Thank you good sir!

That thread is a freaking classic. :lol: Fun read.

  • Author
Crush, Melo, Beastly and Rose all left legendary stamps on the college game. Fact...

 

They left a stamp.....but it'll be forgotten as to what they did in the college game........Melo will have a longer memory in the public's eye.....plus he went back and gave a ton of money back to the 'Cuse....I'd be shocked if Rose, or Beasley do the same.....I wonder if they even go back to visit their respective schools.

  • Author
That's why Durany, Rose and Melo are still brought up as the one and doners that have changed the game. Right.

 

Rose was just a minute ago, so was Durant....let's see how much they're talked about 10 years from now, regarding NCAA hoops....Melo maybe more so than others.

Keep in mind there aren't supposed to be legends every single year....too many people try to make people more than they are, were, or contributed.

 

Do guys that broke absurd and long standing conference all time records in their one year count? Durant and Beasley dominated all time single season records in the Big 12, and last I checked there has been some talent there over the years...

  • Author
Do guys that broke absurd and long standing conference all time records in their one year count? Durant and Beasley dominated all time single season records in the Big 12, and last I checked there has been some talent there over the years...

 

Like I said, and who knows if we'll be around to debate this, a decade from now...Durant and Beasley's college accolades will be an after thought compared to those legends who performed for longer periods of time.

Like I said, and who knows if we'll be around to debate this, a decade from now...Durant and Beasley's college accolades will be an after thought compared to those legends who performed for longer periods of time.

 

I'm not really sure where you are going with this. A decade from now I will certainly remember Durant as much as Psycho T.

Like I said, and who knows if we'll be around to debate this, a decade from now...Durant and Beasley's college accolades will be an after thought compared to those legends who performed for longer periods of time.

 

Are you sure you aren't more of a historian as opposed to a college basketball fan?

Do you really feel people will remember Scheyer over Wall long term because your guy wasn't ever good enough to leave early? Really? Come on RP...

When is the Zoubek vs Cousins thread??? :lol:

When is the Zoubek vs Cousins thread??? :lol:

 

Right after the... "Plumlee... legendary?" thread.

Like I said, and who knows if we'll be around to debate this, a decade from now...Durant and Beasley's college accolades will be an after thought compared to those legends who performed for longer periods of time.

 

When I think of the best college performances I have seen, I think of that game...not their 4 year career.

 

Durant, Beasley, Oden, et. al were a special freshman class and the beginning of an era where NBA talent was essentially forced to go to school.

 

A decade from now we'll remember them being BETTER than they really were. Which is scary.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.