January 14, 201016 yr Author I would take this guy... 17.4 PPG 5 AST 5 REB Averages just as much as Wall and right below Wall and Scheyer in Assists, but grabs a couple more boards a game. Who is this player?? You guessed it, Frank Turner of Canisius. Horrible argument....I certainly clarified that the other two come from higher profile programs that play much better competition....don't be weak here.
January 14, 201016 yr Author I think the stats between Scheyer and Wall are very comparable. I think you make a good argument. I also agree that Cousins is becoming a beast and making big plays when the Cats need them the most. Heck, Orton always seems to come up with a big block just when they need it. I think both Scheyer and Wall can take over a game, ... but in a different fashion. I would take Wall simply because he is more explosive and seems to be able to put the team on his back in various ways. It could be a block, assist, steal, 3 pointer or just speeding past multiple defenders to get a basket. But Scheyer is up high on that All American list IMHO as well. Has to be. Personally, seeing Evan Turner at Ohio State return from a broken bone in his back, I think he HAS to be near the top of that list as well. That kid is something special. :thumb: . . . . I can now rest easy.
January 14, 201016 yr Author But if you give any coach in America the choice between Wall & Scheyer, at least 90% of them would choose to have Wall. Higher than 90% Almost definitely.
January 14, 201016 yr Author You didn't say it directly, but the premise of the thread and your replies implies the hell out of it... You inferring something is hardly an implication on my part. I posted the stats because when I looked them us I was shocked at how comparable they were, and that there has been hardly any mention of the year Scheyer is having. We all know Wall poses a ton more upside....but statistically they are very similar at this point.
January 14, 201016 yr I would take this guy... 17.4 PPG 5 AST 5 REB Averages just as much as Wall and right below Wall and Scheyer in Assists, but grabs a couple more boards a game. Who is this player?? You guessed it, Frank Turner of Canisius. :isurrender::isurrender::isurrender: / thread
January 14, 201016 yr Lets see, #1 is leading his team to a 17-0 season, while #2 team is 13-2! Easy pick, I will take #1!
January 14, 201016 yr No he wouldn't....and I am sure that's because Scheyer is a senior.....Wall is a better talent.....I can't understand why none of you can argue the stats are at worst equal....it's actually funny how think the blinders must be. The stats aren't equal. Scheyer's are better. He's playing very good this year, and he's getting overlooked to some degree because of Wall. Just like some of the other good players on UK's team... For example, Bledsoe played a great basketball game last night, yet when I watched the highlights on SportsCenter today, it was all about John Wall, who didn't play all that great by his own standards. It is what it is. Regardless of stats, Wall is the best player in the country and everybody knows it. He gets treated accordingly. But, I know one thing. The presence of Bledsoe, assuming he returns, makes me feel pretty good about UK's PG situation even after Wall enters the NBA next season.
January 14, 201016 yr Are there sides here? What is the argument about....do you even know? Should there even be one? Yes. You vs. everyone else.
January 14, 201016 yr Author Yes. You vs. everyone else. Not true either.....but do you know what the argument is about?
January 14, 201016 yr Not true either.....but do you know what the argument is about? Why is that hard to think Scheyer isn't as good as Wall. It's you v. BGP. Come on now..:confused:
January 14, 201016 yr Author Why is that hard to think Scheyer isn't as good as Wall. It's you v. BGP. Come on now..:confused: When did I say that? . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Don't worry, I'll wait........
January 14, 201016 yr You inferring something is hardly an implication on my part. I posted the stats because when I looked them us I was shocked at how comparable they were, and that there has been hardly any mention of the year Scheyer is having. We all know Wall poses a ton more upside....but statistically they are very similar at this point. That is straight up bologna. On here, sure. But what do you expect? There is not a lot of mention of Damien James either but he is up there for consideration. Scheyer is the easy favorite for ACC player of the year at this time, was on Bilas, Vitale's, et al. mid-season 1st team all American list, I am not sure what type of recognition you are looking for? It is sort of like all those years in the mid-90s when Karl Malone, Ewing, etc. would put up great numbers, but Jordan still brought home the accolades. I think Scheyer is great. Edited January 14, 201016 yr by bugatti
January 14, 201016 yr Horrible argument....I certainly clarified that the other two come from higher profile programs that play much better competition....don't be weak here. Actually you didn't do any of that if your first post.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.