January 13, 201016 yr If the only point to be made is these guys have comparable stats, then okay- point taken. I firmly believe that all comparisions end there, however. John Wall is the unquestioned best player in college basketball, IMO. :thumb:
January 13, 201016 yr Author Spin spin spin spin spin. How else could it be spun? I said if he stayed long enough, he'd be a legend....he certainly didn't do that....so the argument is moot.
January 13, 201016 yr Author John Wall is the unquestioned best player in college basketball, IMO. Really? Is he that much better than Cousins or Patterson? Is he that much better Sherron Collins? Just sayin' un-questioned?
January 13, 201016 yr How else could it be spun? I said if he stayed long enough, he'd be a legend....he certainly didn't do that....so the argument is moot. In today's NCAA true legends don't stay very long at all.
January 13, 201016 yr Author In today's NCAA true legends don't stay very long at all.Really? How many NCAA legends are one and doners?
January 13, 201016 yr Really? How many NCAA legends are one and doners? Durant and Carmello come to mind as of late.
January 13, 201016 yr Spin spin spin spin spin. This was my favorite part of that thread: ^ hey....I hate UK....but I am fair and honest in my assesments.
January 13, 201016 yr Author Durant and Carmello come to mind as of late. NCAA legends? Maybe Mello.......not sure about Durant.....his team sure didn't mean much.....NCAA legends are: Lew Alcinder, Michael Jordan, Christian Laettner, Tyler Hansbrough......not the one and dones.
January 13, 201016 yr Author This was my favorite part of that thread: I feel I am fair and honest.....I call a spade a spade.
January 13, 201016 yr Really? How many NCAA legends are one and doners? So is your idea of a legend someone who just puts up a lot of stats over a period of years. Durrant, Rose, and Melo were the best at their positions over the last decade. Those are the guys that I will remember as being legendary in college. Anymore if a guy is in school four years than more often than not it is because they were not good enough.
January 13, 201016 yr Author ^ You may remember them as legends but history won't....you have to leave a stamp on the game....and in one year...it just doesn't happen...yes, to be a legend you have to stay a little bit.
January 13, 201016 yr NCAA legends? Maybe Mello.......not sure about Durant.....his team sure didn't mean much.....NCAA legends are: Lew Alcinder, Michael Jordan, Christian Laettner, Tyler Hansbrough......not the one and dones. Outside of Psycho T, none of your examples are from todays NCAA which was the basis of my post.
January 13, 201016 yr Really? Is he that much better than Cousins or Patterson? Is he that much better Sherron Collins? Just sayin' un-questioned? Yes, he is. Of course, you are entitled to your opinion. I challenge you to find an NBA GM who disagrees with me in anything I have said in this thread. :walk:
January 13, 201016 yr ^ You may remember them as legends but history won't....you have to leave a stamp on the game....and in one year...it just doesn't happen...yes, to be a legend you have to stay a little bit. Crush, Melo, Beastly and Rose all left legendary stamps on the college game. Fact...
January 13, 201016 yr Durants team may not have faired well but that doesn't change the fact that he was consensus player of the year as a freshmen and started every game for the Long Horns. Mello as you said can't be disputed, Rose could also be thrown into that list as well. Not to mention the fact that most everyone from your list is ancient by most current college players standards.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.