Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

North Laurel 2010

Featured Replies

Look, as a player (and their are several out there who post on here), after a loss like that one, it stings a bit. But you take hold your head up and say "see you next year" -especially when you KNOW you are going to play them next year (you have a contract). Then to have that taken away from you, well it just doesn't sit well with, as it should not sit well with anyone who has a competitive bone in their body. I that and a $1 will get you a cup of coffee. I know that this posting is not going to make Larkey change his mind in any way. Nor do I believe all you die hard Jaguar fans will admit ot that either. That is just the way I feel. Iwould feel the same way if it was Barren (we laid a bigger egg against them) who pulled out of their contract. How many people would be on here calling PC everything in the book if they had bought out the contract to Henry Clay - Our opponent for hte Don Marshall Bowl. I can hear them saying we were dodging a big opponent. Who did NL replace our game with? Does anyone know yet?

 

 

I do understand and respect your feelings on the matter. I believe it had been quite some time since NL had beaten PC on the varsity level. In fact, I think it had been a few years since they had even played each other. The last time I remember was in the CVB when Draughn was still playing for PC.

 

I don't think the players for either team were the issue. The negativity is running between the administrations and some fans. I personally think that a few years off from playing each other may not be a bad thing. I don't believe that is why the game has been cancelled, but I believe is must have been a factor. There was trash talking about NL before the game and it got worse afterwards. Reading some of the comments on here, whether it is from players or parents reinforces my belief that these teams should not play each other for a while, unless they were to happen to meet in the playoffs. I guess I am confused how 1 loss in arguably the best overall season PC has had in football could eat away at somebody so much.

 

As far as who NL will play, I am not sure. I hope to find out soon, but haven't heard for sure who they might be playing, .. if they are going away from the Week 0 and giving up a bye week, etc. I do think they will probably need to pick up at LEAST a 5A team if not a 6A team to replace a quality team like PC on their schedule. But that's just my opinion on the matter.

 

Good luck to PC next year, ... now back to what this thread is supposed to be about, what NL can do to improve next season.

  • Replies 117
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My quess is they got in a bowl game somewhere that pays them around $3000.00. That way they don't have to go to Pulaski and get hammered-but they still don't lose $3000.00 out of their revenue. Just a quess on my part, but I would say I am pretty close. I would also say that the N Laurel people already know who they are playing but will not tell as of right now. Pretty much a underhanded move on Larkey's part.:scared:

 

:ohbrother: And PC was supposed to 'hammer' NL this past season, but we all saw what happened there. That was the talk coming from our county line neighbors from the west before the game. Fact is it is over, let's move on and may both teams, have a great season in 2010!

 

And actually, the article was not entirely accurate. NL and PC did take a few years off before. I know they did not play each other in 2003-2004-2005-2006.

:ohbrother: And PC was supposed to 'hammer' NL this past season, but we all saw what happened there. That was the talk coming from our county line neighbors from the west before the game. Fact is it is over, let's move on and may both teams, have a great season in 2010!

 

And actually, the article was not entirely accurate. NL and PC did take a few years off before. I know they did not play each other in 2003-2004-2005-2006.

You know as well as I do that N Laurel did not cancell because of comments made.:rolleyes:
You know as well as I do that N Laurel did not cancell because of comments made.:rolleyes:

 

I think that was only part of it. Like I said earlier, I doubted that this was the primary factor, but believe it played a part in it. But I also know that it had nothing to do with NL thinking they would get 'hammered'. After all, PC was supposed to 'hammer' them last season.

 

I am still shocked that PC is still that upset about losing to little ole North Laurel, a team that had rarely ever beaten them at the varsity level. Especially considering how PC finished the season as district and region champs!

I think is more that NL left us in a lurch, By the way, isn't a little rivalry good for the sport? Doesn't make it interesting? WHo did NL replace us with? I am curious?

I think NL will be much improved next year. They lost some quality players but have a lot returning, plus the players have bought into what it takes to be winner. A better attitude will be seen from the very beginning. They may not finish the season as well as they did this year, but who knows it could even be better.

I think is more that NL left us in a lurch, By the way, isn't a little rivalry good for the sport? Doesn't make it interesting? WHo did NL replace us with? I am curious?

 

I cannot say for sure, but I believe it is possibly a 6A team. I hope to find out for sure in the very near future but won't say until I have received official word on the matter.

 

Like I said before, I have mixed emotions on this matter. I understand that sometimes these things happen but thought the game to open this past season was one of the better season opening games I have seen in quite some time. Momentum shifting back and forth, game not over until the final horn sounds, lead changes, big plays, great support for both teams, ... in short, it was fun to watch. I agree that a little rivalry does make it more interesting, but when representatives of the schools (not the kids) are making public and private negative comments about the other, ... it's not a bad time to let the dust settle and for everyone cool their heels a little bit. I think the kids all handled it just fine.

 

PC will be fine, ... NL will be fine. Like 3wishes said, both coaches and adminstrations have to do what is best for their kids.

I think NL will be much improved next year. They lost some quality players but have a lot returning, plus the players have bought into what it takes to be winner. A better attitude will be seen from the very beginning. They may not finish the season as well as they did this year, but who knows it could even be better.

 

I think they will finish stronger in 2010 than in 2009. A full year under Larkey and his staff, plus the offseason workouts will help them take another step or two forward this coming season. I was impressed with how the offense improved, but the bigger improvement came on the defensive side of the ball against a tougher schedule than the season before. They improved their defensive scoring by over 10 ppg from 2008.

Then don't renew, but you honor your contract, especially when it is your turn to go on the road. I am sorry that he didn't sign this contract, but he was willing to play it last year. And it is just stealing the PC boys a chance to avenge a loss they (and Jags fan know) should have never happened. I guess it is good call for NL, but not for PC. I do understand that this purely from a Maroon perspective, but it is a point-of-view that needs to be acknowledge.

 

 

Wow, are you guys still bitter. Heck I heard you lost because the other team scored more points. I guess rockcastle could say the loss should have never happened either, but I am sure you think everyone should lay down and let you win because your Pulaski. We should have won, but we didnt. I am a fan of NL since Coach Larkey went there and look forward to coming to the NL/Harlan Co game. I am sure what he does is best for his program and not yours. Which is how it should be. The Titanic was never supposed to sink, but it did. Should have never happened. Just like Barren Co wasnt supposed to win, but they did. Things happen so get over it.:lol:

Wow, are you guys still bitter. Heck I heard you lost because the other team scored more points. I guess rockcastle could say the loss should have never happened either, but I am sure you think everyone should lay down and let you win because your Pulaski. We should have won, but we didnt. I am a fan of NL since Coach Larkey went there and look forward to coming to the NL/Harlan Co game. I am sure what he does is best for his program and not yours. Which is how it should be. The Titanic was never supposed to sink, but it did. Should have never happened. Just like Barren Co wasnt supposed to win, but they did. Things happen so get over it.:lol:

 

Please read the rest of the posts Jericho, I had already mentioned Barren, so I beat you to that. And yes, you guys could make the claim that Rock should have won, very good game, very close game. But you guys don't see PC calling to get out of the contract, right? Exactly. And if you had continued to read my post you would have noticed that i had tried to put in perspective with my last post, so your post seems awfully atagonistic and out-of-line. I understand he is going to do what is best for his program, and not playing PC at their place IS probably best for his program.

Now back to what this was about, is the big freshmen going to get playing time in the backfield this year? He looked like a load the times I saw him play in the Freshen games this past year. And who did they replace PC with on their schedule with this year? Who else are playing non-district?

He played running back for the Freshmen team. He was big... 6'1" 220+ rather agressive. I think someone told me that played some on fridays on defense. I was curious if they were going to leave him in the backfield or if he was playing there just for the Freshmen.

He played running back for the Freshmen team. He was big... 6'1" 220+ rather agressive. I think someone told me that played some on fridays on defense. I was curious if they were going to leave him in the backfield or if he was playing there just for the Freshmen.

 

Gary Wibbles

Freshman

Fullback

Biggest kid on the team.

 

He saw about 20 plays on varsity all year.

Has a lot of learning to do before he can play varsity.

Please read the rest of the posts Jericho, I had already mentioned Barren, so I beat you to that. And yes, you guys could make the claim that Rock should have won, very good game, very close game. But you guys don't see PC calling to get out of the contract, right? Exactly. And if you had continued to read my post you would have noticed that i had tried to put in perspective with my last post, so your post seems awfully atagonistic and out-of-line. I understand he is going to do what is best for his program, and not playing PC at their place IS probably best for his program.

Now back to what this was about, is the big freshmen going to get playing time in the backfield this year? He looked like a load the times I saw him play in the Freshen games this past year. And who did they replace PC with on their schedule with this year? Who else are playing non-district?

 

Corbin

Williamsburg

South Laurel

Jackson County

TBA

Gary Wibbles

Freshman

Fullback

Biggest kid on the team.

 

He saw about 20 plays on varsity all year.

Has a lot of learning to do before he can play varsity.

 

Has a TON of ability. Just has to learn to harness it. I think he is actually bigger than 6'1", or maybe it is just that I am not very tall and everyone seems taller to me!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.