Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

North Laurel 2010

Featured Replies

What does North Laurel need to do to improve in 2010? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

  • Replies 117
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Find a way to replace their graduation losses.

Wardrup - leading rusher (2 straight seasons over 1,000 yards)

Shears - leading receiver (#2 in 5A and averaged over 22 yards per rec, PLUS was a standout defensive safety)

Prewitt/Yantis - the heart and soul of that defensive line

Baker - led the team in tackles at over 15 tackles per game

Sapcut - pure emotion on the field, great spirit

 

They still have a great deal of talent in the upcoming senior class. I think they have several backs who can share the load Wardrup had the past few years (Wagers, Williams and Rotundi come to mind). They don't have that over 6' WR that they had in Shears.

 

If they can have a few more of this talented upcoming senior class step up along with some more of those younger guys step up, they could be as good, if not better than this past year's team. A full season under their belts with Coach Larkey and Coach Sams defense. Another off season in the weight room, and they will be fine.

 

PLAYER TO WATCH FOR

Jason Williams. Mark it down. This kid has TONS of ability and this coming fall will be his time to shine. I saw flashes of it this past year and expect him to step up HUGE this fall.

I think that Coach Larkey will have his team well prepared with an off season of workouts.

I think that Coach Larkey will have his team well prepared with an off season of workouts.

 

I think you are right. He did a very good job in getting this team to start to turn the corner last season and he knows how to build a program. Chris is high energy and the players feed off of that. He loves the game and it is contagious. He can also bring players back to earth if they have someone whispering in their ear how great they are.

 

He has some big shoes to fill from some of the graduation losses, but so do most coaches. I believe what they need to do is just keep with the plan and work hard. The rest will fall into place.

It looks like North Laurel lost more than anyone in the district except Whitley.

 

How good were the JV and freshmen teams?

It looks like North Laurel lost more than anyone in the district except Whitley.

 

How good were the JV and freshmen teams?

 

JV was undefeated, but the frosh team is relatively weak. The incoming frosh class is very solid, but a few years from bringing anything to the table yet.

 

North also brings back a lot of talent in Fugate, Rotundi, Wagers, Williams and several lineman. They will be fine.

It looks like North Laurel lost more than anyone in the district except Whitley.

 

How good were the JV and freshmen teams?

 

JV was 8-0.

Are they still opening with Pulaski Co. in Week 0? I had heard they decided not to honor the 2nd game of the contract. Has anyone else heard this? I think the next was supposed to be played @ PC.

Are they still opening with Pulaski Co. in Week 0? I had heard they decided not to honor the 2nd game of the contract. Has anyone else heard this? I think the next was supposed to be played @ PC.

 

I have no idea. I haven't seen anything on next year's schedule.

Are they still opening with Pulaski Co. in Week 0? I had heard they decided not to honor the 2nd game of the contract. Has anyone else heard this? I think the next was supposed to be played @ PC.
Pulaski is now looking for a game in week 0, so I asume North Laurel cancelled.:irked:

I thought the contracts were on a 2 year rotation? NL should be on the schedule at Pulaski week 0.

I thought the contracts were on a 2 year rotation? NL should be on the schedule at Pulaski week 0.

 

NL bought out the contract, I believe.

NL bought out the contract, I believe.

Why on earth would they do that?! They are very familiar with PC. It's a short drive and would be a good game. I would figure after the win last season they would be chomping at the bit to play the Maroons.

Why on earth would they do that?! They are very familiar with PC. It's a short drive and would be a good game. I would figure after the win last season they would be chomping at the bit to play the Maroons.

 

I have no idea why. This past season's game was a tremendous game to watch. I am surprised and don't know the reason. Anything I say is just speculation. I know that the game was picked up before Larkey was hired. Maybe he doesn't want to play a game in week 0. I am really at a loss on this one. I am sure that there is a good reason, but right now, I have no idea what it is.

Edited by MountainThunder

Why on earth would they do that?! They are very familiar with PC. It's a short drive and would be a good game. I would figure after the win last season they would be chomping at the bit to play the Maroons.

 

With all the bad blood from last year's game and some of the things that were said on and off the record, this may be a very good thing for both teams.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.