January 10, 201016 yr Remember the 05 Team? They really built on that... Oh and they were a young team them They had offense, but not much D. Possibly it's time for you to pick another team if they are that much of a joke right?
January 10, 201016 yr Actually yes. The O has be average all season and the D has carried us. It was enough to get us to the playoffs, build on that and now we are going somewhere. The O was not above average. The running game was great. The passing game was ineffective. If the O doesn't get fixed we're back to fighting Cleveland for the #3 spot.
January 10, 201016 yr Folks, Sanchez was only 12-15 for 182 yards. It helps when you can get 170 yards rushing, and 2 turnovers. Let's not make him out to be the next Manning or Brady. He is in there to make easy, high percentage passes. He made a couple good passes in tight coverage, but I don't see him ever being an elite QB. He palyed better than Palmer. Oh and hes a rook..
January 10, 201016 yr Folks, Sanchez was only 12-15 for 182 yards. It helps when you can get 170 yards rushing, and 2 turnovers. Let's not make him out to be the next Manning or Brady. He is in there to make easy, high percentage passes. He made a couple good passes in tight coverage, but I don't see him ever being an elite QB. He did exactly what they needed him to do. I don't know how good he will ever be, but it's too early to write him off.
January 10, 201016 yr Folks, Sanchez was only 12-15 for 182 yards. It helps when you can get 170 yards rushing, and 2 turnovers. Let's not make him out to be the next Manning or Brady. He is in there to make easy, high percentage passes. He made a couple good passes in tight coverage, but I don't see him ever being an elite QB. You are right. His success was built solely on the Bengals selling out to stop the run. They Bengals showed last week that they are not strong enough straight up to stop the Jets ground game.
January 10, 201016 yr The O was not above average. The running game was great. The passing game was ineffective. If the O doesn't get fixed we're back to fighting Cleveland for the #3 spot. I said the O was average. They were 9th in the NFL in rushing. The passing game needs a ton of work.
January 10, 201016 yr They had offense, but not much D. Possibly it's time for you to pick another team if they are that much of a joke right? No. I just want my team to be a team that can compete on the big stage. I was present when they used to be that kind of team. I just don't accept mediocrity.
January 10, 201016 yr Graham is horrible and needs to go. Palmer is done mentally and cant throw off his front foot anymore which is the reason he throws high and off the mark most of the time. The Bengals have NO TE's and never have. Positives for the season Offensive Line Ced Benson Defense Negatives Coaching-specifically offensive Kicking game TE position Injuries Chad ochocinco
January 10, 201016 yr I said the O was average. They were 9th in the NFL in rushing. The passing game needs a ton of work.[/quote] A new QB.
January 10, 201016 yr Garbage is a team that has the longest playoff drought in the NFL. They backed into the playoffs, and where whipped by the Jets at home. Good enough for you? Fine. Not me. Mediocrity rules in Cincinnati:lol: I'm sorry but any team that wins the division (sweeping the division) is not backing into the playoffs. A team that beats the two teams in last years AFC championship twice, is not backing into the playoffs. The Jets are the one that backed into the playoffs. They just took advantage of their opportunity. (so far)
January 10, 201016 yr No. I just want my team to be a team that can compete on the big stage. I was present when they used to be that kind of team. I just don't accept mediocrity. If winning the toughest division in football is mediocrity then maybe it's time to be a Colts or Patriots fan eh?
January 10, 201016 yr No. I just want my team to be a team that can compete on the big stage. I was present when they used to be that kind of team. I just don't accept mediocrity. I think you've hit upon it. Us "older" fans are simply tired of it. The younger folks keep using the "we'll get better" or "we've got good young players to build upon" because the bar has been set so low over the last 20 years.
January 10, 201016 yr If winning the toughest division in football is mediocrity then maybe it's time to be a Colts or Patriots fan eh? AFC North was not the toughest division. No way. No how.
January 10, 201016 yr I think you've hit upon it. Us "older" fans are simply tired of it. The younger folks keep using the "we'll get better" or "we've got good young players to build upon" because the bar has been set so low over the last 20 years. Yep. They have no idea what a great NFL team is.:thumb:
January 10, 201016 yr AFC North was not the toughest division. No way. No how. Your Honor, I'd like to submit the NFC East into evidence, please.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.