December 30, 200916 yr Benson deserved in over Rice. Missing time hurt his chances. I could see it giving it to Hall or Joseph over a Asomugha or Bailey simply because of the Bengals' record in comparison to these two guys, but they are really good at what they do and are lock down corners. Name recognition plays a factor obviously. Reavis was great. Remember, to add a player, you have to remove a player.
December 30, 200916 yr The 3 corners that made it deserved it. Solid season by the Bengal corners, but they are not better than the 3 selected. I think Benson would have been a reserve RB had it not been for the absence. Would not have been the starter, that was cut and dried, but deserving nonetheless.
December 30, 200916 yr The 3 corners that made it deserved it. Solid season by the Bengal corners, but they are not better than the 3 selected. I think Benson would have been a reserve RB had it not been for the absence. Would not have been the starter, that was cut and dried, but deserving nonetheless. What makes any of the three corners selected better than Hall and Joseph this year?
December 30, 200916 yr Pretty sure you are being sarcastic, but I think he without a doubt should be in the conversation. He won a division that could get 3 out of 6 teams in the playoffs. And I would bet not a single "expert" has them better than .500. Didn't Bill Cowher predict them to make the playoffs & win the division last year?
December 30, 200916 yr Disappointing that the Bengals didn't get any players selected. Benson's injury really hurt him. I don't think any of the other offensive players really deserve it. An argument could be made for both of the CB's, but so be it. A few more wins and it won't matter anyway.
December 30, 200916 yr The 3 corners that made it deserved it. Solid season by the Bengal corners, but they are not better than the 3 selected. I think Benson would have been a reserve RB had it not been for the absence. Would not have been the starter, that was cut and dried, but deserving nonetheless. Hall and Joseph both have better stats than Bailey. He got in because of his name.
December 30, 200916 yr Hall and Joseph both have better stats than Bailey. He got in because of his name. And Asomugha.
December 30, 200916 yr Hall and Joseph both have better stats than Bailey. He got in because of his name. And I am sure they have better stats than Asomugha. Stats are not a fair way of evaluating CB production though.
December 30, 200916 yr And I am sure they have better stats than Asomugha. Stats are not a fair way of evaluating CB production though. :thumb::thumb: Absolutely. Corners like Bailey often times don't have the stats (INT/Tackles/Passes Defended) of other DB's because their coverage is so tight that QB's don't even throw their direction. Watch Bailey, or someone like Revis, and their one-on-one coverage is simply unreal.
December 30, 200916 yr :thumb::thumb: Absolutely. Corners like Bailey often times don't have the stats (INT/Tackles/Passes Defended) of other DB's because their coverage is so tight that QB's don't even throw their direction. Watch Bailey, or someone like Revis, and their one-on-one coverage is simply unreal. Stats for corners are tricky. If you have a lot of tackles, that is not necessarily a good thing. I always look at INTs with such skepticism anyways due to the fluky nature of a good portion of them or simply just standing in the correct place at the right time because of a bad QB decision.
December 30, 200916 yr The Bengals D has carried them all season. They have had a lot of injuries to Safeties, LB's and Lineman. Hall and Joseph have been awesome this year and they've been the best players on a top five D in the league.
December 30, 200916 yr And I am sure they have better stats than Asomugha. Stats are not a fair way of evaluating CB production though. It is true. Leon and JJ combined for 12 total INT's while Bailey and Nnamdi combied for 4, with Nnamdi only having one. He also only had 30 some odd tackles while Leon and JJ had over 60 a piece. Leon and JJ also had more passes defened than Bailey or Nnamdi. I don't know how it works but it sure seems like Leon and JJ were very productive.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.