Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame maintains it's reputation as a joke ....

Featured Replies

ABBA gets in and KISS does not? Are you serious?

 

I looked at the list of inductees and there are some very solid inductees. However, the list is littered with artists that in no way represent Rock and Roll music.

 

The pop hall of fame? If there was one, ABBA would DEFINITELY be there. I admittedly like ABBA, ... a guilty pleasure I supposed. But how in the world can ABBA get in yet KISS and the Red Hot Chili Peppers be denied?

 

This is why the Sex Pistols, VERY deserving of their induction refused to attend the ceremony for their being put in.

 

For goodness sakes, here are a few of the inductees I really disagree with 110% and show that this is not a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame at all.

 

ABBA, Madonna, Blondie, Brenda Lee, The Bee Gees, Gladys Knight and the Pips, Martha and the Vandelles, The Supremes, etc.

 

I am NOT saying that these artists don't deserve recognition, but this is the wrong Hall of Fame for them IMHO. I also understand some who were inducted as 'early influences'. But as performers?

 

http://www.rockhall.com/inductees/inductee-list

  • Replies 47
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ABBA gets in and KISS does not? Are you serious?

 

I looked at the list of inductees and there are some very solid inductees. However, the list is littered with artists that in no way represent Rock and Roll music.

 

The pop hall of fame? If there was one, ABBA would DEFINITELY be there. I admittedly like ABBA, ... a guilty pleasure I supposed. But how in the world can ABBA get in yet KISS and the Red Hot Chili Peppers be denied?

 

This is why the Sex Pistols, VERY deserving of their induction refused to attend the ceremony for their being put in.

 

For goodness sakes, here are a few of the inductees I really disagree with 110% and show that this is not a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame at all.

 

ABBA, Madonna, Blondie, Brenda Lee, The Bee Gees, Gladys Knight and the Pips, Martha and the Vandelles, The Supremes, etc.

 

I am NOT saying that these artists don't deserve recognition, but this is the wrong Hall of Fame for them IMHO. I also understand some who were inducted as 'early influences'. But as performers?

 

http://www.rockhall.com/inductees/inductee-list

 

I totally agree with you MT. :isurrender:

ABBA gets in and KISS does not? Are you serious?

 

I looked at the list of inductees and there are some very solid inductees. However, the list is littered with artists that in no way represent Rock and Roll music.

 

The pop hall of fame? If there was one, ABBA would DEFINITELY be there. I admittedly like ABBA, ... a guilty pleasure I supposed. But how in the world can ABBA get in yet KISS and the Red Hot Chili Peppers be denied?

 

This is why the Sex Pistols, VERY deserving of their induction refused to attend the ceremony for their being put in.

 

For goodness sakes, here are a few of the inductees I really disagree with 110% and show that this is not a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame at all.

 

ABBA, Madonna, Blondie, Brenda Lee, The Bee Gees, Gladys Knight and the Pips, Martha and the Vandelles, The Supremes, etc.

 

I am NOT saying that these artists don't deserve recognition, but this is the wrong Hall of Fame for them IMHO. I also understand some who were inducted as 'early influences'. But as performers?

 

http://www.rockhall.com/inductees/inductee-list

 

Maybe you should change your mind and take a chance.

Rock n Roll is defined differently by many different people. I love ABBA and Blondie (have all their albums on vinyl). No doubt Blondie is best classifed as New Wave/Punk and ABBA is definitely pop. However, one must remember rock is an offspring of blues and many styles are offspring of rock. So, unless you really want to narrowly define "rock n roll", I have no problem with ABBA or Blondie being in the RNRHOF. I will admit that it makes no sense that KISS isn't in the HOF.

 

"I know it's only rock n roll, but I like it, like it, yes I do." Rolling Stones

Grand Funk Railroad, sold out Shea Stadium quicker than The Beatles. Has several Gold/Platinum Albums. Never will get in and there are thousands of fans who protest this every year.

 

Closer To Home, that song alone should do it.

 

I agree with the KISS comments also.

Grand Funk Railroad, sold out Shea Stadium quicker than The Beatles. Has several Gold/Platinum Albums. Never will get in and there are thousands of fans who protest this every year.

 

Closer To Home, that song alone should do it.

 

I agree with the KISS comments also.

 

"Am I in my cabin dreaming, or are you really scheming, to take my ship [or hall-of-fame induction] away from me?"

Any music recorded since 1954 (the year the Rock And Roll era began) is eligible and should be. You're telling me Sam Cooke, Ray Charles, Otis Redding and other great R&B artists don't belong.

Heck let's throw out the greatest "pop" band of all time-The Beatles.

I really think that people misunderstand "Rock and Roll" as a term. Pop is a sub-genre, as is R&B, etc. Those artists are all deserving. Maybe they don't fit the mold of what some consider "Rock and Roll", but frankly, if it were me voting, I wouldn't vote for KISS. :p

 

And...well...I can't be friends with anyone who doesn't like Blondie. :D

I really think that people misunderstand "Rock and Roll" as a term. Pop is a sub-genre, as is R&B, etc. Those artists are all deserving. Maybe they don't fit the mold of what some consider "Rock and Roll", but frankly, if it were me voting, I wouldn't vote for KISS. :p

 

And...well...I can't be friends with anyone who doesn't like Blondie. :D

 

You lost all credibility with that statement. :eyeonyou:

I really think that people misunderstand "Rock and Roll" as a term. Pop is a sub-genre, as is R&B, etc. Those artists are all deserving. Maybe they don't fit the mold of what some consider "Rock and Roll", but frankly, if it were me voting, I wouldn't vote for KISS. :p

 

And...well...I can't be friends with anyone who doesn't like Blondie. :D

 

:eek: WHAT!!!!!!!

You lost all credibility with that statement. :eyeonyou:

 

 

Nah....I lost credibility long before that....like when I said I hated Pink Floyd...or that I loved Adam Ant. :D

  • Author
I really think that people misunderstand "Rock and Roll" as a term. Pop is a sub-genre, as is R&B, etc. Those artists are all deserving. Maybe they don't fit the mold of what some consider "Rock and Roll", but frankly, if it were me voting, I wouldn't vote for KISS. :p

 

And...well...I can't be friends with anyone who doesn't like Blondie. :D

 

I like Blondie a lot. Used to have a HUGE crush on Debbie Harry. But they are not 'rock and roll'. They would have a place in the pop hall of fame, but not rock and roll. However, they MIGHT be a group I would give in on. However, Madonna? Really? If anyone defines POP music, not rock and roll, it is her.

 

Kiss is one of those rock n roll groups that had a HUGE impact on the genre, like them or not. They took a lot of what was going on at that time and basically, injected it with steroids and took it to a new level.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.