Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Should Liggins redshirt?

Should Liggins redshirt? 53 members have voted

  1. 1. Should Liggins redshirt?

    • Yes, it would be a good move for him
      62%
    • No, he has no future at Kentucky anyway.
      37%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

He hasn't smelled the court in 8 games. Should he go ahead and ask to be redshirted, and have three more years left after this year?

If Liggins wants to see meaningful minutes, he should probably transfer...

He hasn't smelled the court in 8 games. Should he go ahead and ask to be redshirted, and have three more years left after this year?

 

I think he should just transfer in my opinion. Bledsoe will be there for the next 3 years and Calipari will just continue to reload with talent.

I have heard numerous rumors as to why Liggins hasn't sniffed the floor, but the longer this drags out and the more I keep hearing, there is two that I feel is the case.

 

The most far fetched of the two and least likely to be true is that something fishy was up with his recruitment with Gillespie. I have heard something is being looked at and Cal doesn't want to take the chance of playing a guy who may get ruled ineligible.

 

 

The second one, and one I think now holds the most merit is grades. At the end of the spring semester, Liggins and AJ Stewart were both looking at having to sit because of poor classroom performance. Gillespie gets the boot, Cal comes in, players come in, players go out, excitement fills the air, a lot of things get forgotten. I think Liggins was looking at missing anywhere from around 12-15 games because of his grade issues. Now if more than 15 games goes by, then I will re think my stance. BUT, I really think this is the case.

 

 

 

 

I have said this in other threads, and although most will not believe me, I will throw this out here again. I know most of you just think that Liggins is horrible and that is the reason he hasn't been playing, but that's not the case at all. Joe B. Hall told Calipari and the media that Liggins was the most improved player from all of the holdovers and said that UK fans would not believe their eyes when they saw how different of a player Liggins was. In the summer Cal sang DeAndre's praises more than a few times saying he was really taking well to the DDM. Others around the program cited Liggins newly found work ethic as being great. So lets think about it. Liggins is a run and gun type player who's main strength is taking the ball at the goal, and beating his defender. Last year Gillespie wanted his guys to stand out there and beat the air out of the ball and wait until the shot clock was getting ready to expire. If you tried to run and get fast paced, your were out of the game. If you tried to make a flashy play, you were out of the game.

 

Now, unless something has changed in the past month or two, I can't see everyone going from saying how good Liggins looked in the DDM back to oh my gosh this guy cannot play a lick. Cal had the option to get rid of a lot of guys, and did get rid of a lot of guys, some he didn't even have to (Galloway). If Liggins couldn't contribute, he wouldn't be on the roster. Now I'm not saying he could be a superstar, but this year I honestly believe he could give 7-15 minutes out on the wing and contribute to this team. It is the same thing I heard all summer, and all the time leading up until the season was getting ready to start. The reason Liggins isn't getting PT is not his performance, on the court anyway. Whether the other issues clear or not is the real issue.

I think he should just transfer in my opinion. Bledsoe will be there for the next 3 years and Calipari will just continue to reload with talent.

 

Liggins no longer is a point guard for this team. Cal said in the summer if he needed a third he would go with Miller. He stated Liggins would play on the wing as a point forward, and sung his praises all summer as to how he was adjusting to playing this role.

Excellent post Dolamite... your first theory make A LOT of sense.... LABS, why you just confirm it!

  • Author

I agree that Liggins can help this team, and I look forward to seeing him play, but the longer this goes on the more I think he should just take a redshirt year.

Is it like football does not play all year, can redshirt?

IMO Liggins has no future at UK, I have always felt he had more confidence than ability...

When he refused to enter the game last year for BCG, that told me all I needed to know about this guy. He should move on, and find new surroundings. I think it would be in his best interest and the team's.

Liggins seems to be one of those players that always show a minute or two stretch here and there that makes them look like an all star but never does pull it together. He has tons of potential but I see no future at UK with Cal reloading each year. I love the intensity he plays with and will be a good catch for another team.

I love all the people wanting to run off a kid who they haven't seen play 1 minute under Cal.

 

If its grades (and didn't he have to get a learning disability status to qualify in the first place??), wouldn't he have to sit until his first semester grades are in? So that would be in a week or two, right?

I love all the people wanting to run off a kid who they haven't seen play 1 minute under Cal.

 

If its grades (and didn't he have to get a learning disability status to qualify in the first place??), wouldn't he have to sit until his first semester grades are in? So that would be in a week or two, right?

 

Some of are fans think they know best and sometimes these are the ones that really don't know anything. Probably those same fans do not realize that Cal recruited this kid when he was as Memphis. Cal must have thought he would fit his system.

 

I did not vote. I am not involved in this decision. I know Coach Cal will do what is best for Liggins.

I love all the people wanting to run off a kid who they haven't seen play 1 minute under Cal.

 

 

 

 

:clap::clap::clap:

Some of are fans think they know best and sometimes these are the ones that really don't know anything. Probably those same fans do not realize that Cal recruited this kid when he was as Memphis. Cal must have thought he would fit his system.

 

I did not vote. I am not involved in this decision. I know Coach Cal will do what is best for Liggins.

 

 

 

:thumb:

:clap:

:notworthy:

:ylsuper:

:taz::taz::taz:

 

(Great Post)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.