I've got some problems with this week's BGP AAA rankings

jbwill2

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bluto,

S. Oldham wasn't ranked then either, but they have been pretty dominant on the field in their 3 real games. As the season wears on, even early games will take less importance as later ones. Teams progress, get better, and their ranking reflects that.

Nobody is going to be ranked solely on a scrimmage, but in this case, a scrimmage was an important piece of information in trying to determine how close Colerain and Moeller might be. And that played a small part in our rankings when we decide between CovCath and HHS.

You noted in another thread that little LCA creamed S. Oldham in it's 2nd scrimmage (47-14). How, then, could S. Oldham not be penalized in the 3A rankings (they are currently ranked 10th in 3A)? Is LCA THAT good?

South Oldham was "penalized" to start the year but they have worked their way up with their on the field performance.

All scrimmages are not created equal. In Ohio you have a little less time to prepare for the start of the season and scrimmages usually mirror game results more than they would in KY. I only bring this up because we got started on the Moeller/Colerain scrimmage which was one field goal to nothing Colerain.

I think it's so early in the year that it's too early to get too worked up about where you are. I think in 3A you could take 5 teams and flip flop them in any order 1-5 and make an argument. To me they look pretty darn good. You can always make a case here or there but if somebody thinks they have one more accurate with more info, I'd like to see it!

jb,

Another way of looking at this is CCH was rewarded for their much better showing against Moeller who played Colerain "even" in a scrimmage.

"Even" in a scrimmage....hmmmm

Where have I heard this before? It's funny how when some other teams/people bring up results of a scrimmage, they're blasted with "It's just a scrimmage" But now all of a sudden it's being factored in the rankings.

Where have I heard this before? It's funny how when some other teams/people bring up results of a scrimmage, they're blasted with "It's just a scrimmage" But now all of a sudden it's being factored in the rankings.

It's a conspiracy... :lol:

Maybe you should read all of my comments on this topic before passing judgement.

We consider all the available information and scrimmages are available information. The trick is determining how reliable the scrimmage information is.

I suppose everyone that is talking issue with scrimmages believes that when you analyze an issue you should NOT consider all the available information?

Did you read this post??

Bluto,

S. Oldham wasn't ranked then either, but they have been pretty dominant on the field in their 3 real games. As the season wears on, even early games will take less importance as later ones. Teams progress, get better, and their ranking reflects that.

Nobody is going to be ranked solely on a scrimmage, but in this case, a scrimmage was an important piece of information in trying to determine how close Colerain and Moeller might be. And that played a small part in our rankings when we decide between CovCath and HHS.

Originally posted by Guru:

I suppose everyone that is talking issue with scrimmages believes that when you analyze an issue you should NOT consider all the available information?

Wait a minute 'Ru.......that would make you a government entity and the rules would change completely for the information you would place in the poll!!!

:lol:

Based on performance in several teams' schedules highlands is ranked 4. Cov. Cath performed much better and therefore gets ranked higher. IMO, and as much as I hate to say it Cov. Cath is the best team in NKY.

How do you balance out this week that the Birds play a 4 A team and Cov Cath plays a 1A team? If we both win?

How do you balance out this week that the Birds play a 4 A team and Cov Cath plays a 1A team? If we both win?

I would think that both would get points for this, but HHS may be a bigger winner as far as points go. This is almost too hypothetical to give a sold answer just yet. Scores will play a part I'm sure.