Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Another private school post season play vote?

Featured Replies

There are already seperate classes for size. And while we're on that...why doesn't DeSales and Holy Cross dominate anything? They're private

I don't know the breakdown of alignment for all the sports but since they are from Louisville, I would assume they have to compete with a Sacred Heart on the girls side or a Trinity/St. X on the boys side for things? But I very well could be wrong because of my lack of knowledge on the regional/district breakdowns in all sports in Louisville.

  • Replies 410
  • Views 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Should have been in schools when the KEYS money came in place. Parents complaining that our districts grading scale was harder than surrounding districts and as a result was taking money out of their child's pocket for a college education.

Don't ever lessen your teaching standards to satisfy a bunch of whiney parents. :cool:

I believe both DeSales and Holy Cross compete in the 2A division...and yes, they are both from Louisville. Regardless, according to your argument, private schools dominate. These schools dont, so I would like to know your imput as to why.

Of course, your gripe is coming from a supporter of a school that made it to the state championship game on the back of a Division I recruit at quarterback from a neighboring county and had attended a public middle school in that county. And your state-power softball team apparently has had star players that live in another state.

 

Is Holy Name a PUBLIC MIDDLE SCHOOL? I don't think you know as much as you think you do.

Why do I have an edit scissors under everything I post ? I'm a good boy now.

Don't ever lessen your teaching standards to satisfy a bunch of whiney parents. :cool:

I taught an elective and was told by a Guidance Counselor that a lot of students would not take my class because I was too hard. SHe meant it to get my numbers up to easen my expectations. I took it as a compliment. Also, I believe one of the reasons why my club had several kids compete at the national level of the subject I taught.

 

Never will I lower.

 

Also, one of the reasons why I think I have had so many run-ins with parents. Here are my expectations and sometimes they feel they are too high and too hard for their children.

If Barnard attended Holy Name, I stand corrected. I was told he attended public school in Henderson.

 

Regardless of where he went to middle school, it doesn't change the point of my post. And again, as I've made clear, I don't have an issue with Barnard attending Owensboro Catholic.

Why do I have an edit scissors under everything I post ? I'm a good boy now.
Those are always there to allow you some time to edit your post if you need to.
I believe both DeSales and Holy Cross compete in the 2A division...and yes, they are both from Louisville. Regardless, according to your argument, private schools dominate. These schools dont, so I would like to know your imput as to why.

Going to go out on a limb here because I don't know a lot about football or those schools. I will assume both are Catholic schools. (Basketball-wise, Desales should have been in the sweet 16 last year. I saw the regional championship game and they had it won) So, if a parent of a Catholic or non-Catholic child who is looking for a private school for them to attend and play football. They can attend a)the private school that will probably be playing in the state title game or b)the school that is trying to build a program. I would say most would take choice A.

 

I would hazard a guess in that getting good quality athletes DeSales and Holy Cross is learnig what it is like going up against a St. X or a Trinity. So based upon the thought in this forum. DeSales and Holy Cross should quit whining, hire better coaches and work harder, like everyone is telling us public school folk to do.

Lets see...California has how many of millions of people more than KY...NY as well. No basis for argument here at all.

 

I was answering my own question with 2 examples I am

aware of while looking for others.I was not looking to make a case either

way.If you knew where my kids attended school,which I know you did not,

you would see we are really on the same side of the issue.

 

The different classes was just a hypothetical statement.

Going to go out on a limb here because I don't know a lot about football or those schools. I will assume both are Catholic schools. (Basketball-wise, Desales should have been in the sweet 16 last year. I saw the regional championship game and they had it won) So, if a parent of a Catholic or non-Catholic child who is looking for a private school for them to attend and play football. They can attend a)the private school that will probably be playing in the state title game or b)the school that is trying to build a program. I would say most would take choice A.

 

I would hazard a guess in that getting good quality athletes DeSales and Holy Cross is learnig what it is like going up against a St. X or a Trinity. So based upon the thought in this forum. DeSales and Holy Cross should quit whining, hire better coaches and work harder, like everyone is telling us public school folk to do.

I disagree whole heartedly. DeSales and Holy Cross aren't whining about not winning, they are getting better. However, with what the thought of this forum is, schools like DeSales and Holy Cross would suffer if they were forced to compete with Trinity and St.X on a yearly basis. The grand scheme of things doesn't match up to what people want. People would rather make excuses as to why Trinity and St.X dominate, instead of improving themselves to compete on a level basis.

I was answering my own question with 2 examples I am

aware of while looking for others.I was not looking to make a case either

way.If you knew where my kids attended school,which I know you did not,

you would see we are really on the same side of the issue.

 

The different classes was just a hypothetical statement.

I apologize if my statement seemed confrontational. I've heard the argument of how other cities and states seperate the classes. The states that do this have significant size difference in population than Kentucky does. I was merely pointing out why it wouldn't work here.

I disagree whole heartedly. DeSales and Holy Cross aren't whining about not winning, they are getting better. However, with what the thought of this forum is, schools like DeSales and Holy Cross would suffer if they were forced to compete with Trinity and St.X on a yearly basis. The grand scheme of things doesn't match up to what people want. People would rather make excuses as to why Trinity and St.X dominate, instead of improving themselves to compete on a level basis.

You mean they would suffer like the 4A rural schools who do not have the resources that Trinity and St. X do, suffers presently.

 

Please do not misconstrue what I said as a slam against DeSales and Holy Cross. I did not mean it that way. Simply if the public schools are taking all these slams about not working hard enough it would fall, based upon the opinion expressed by some but NOT me in this thread that DeSales and Holy Cross is not doing the same.

 

I take the opinion that some schools are going to have advantages and that is JUST THE WAY IT IS.

I believe TN does. If I remember the story right a private school was dominating the state championship, year in and year out and they switched to separate private/public classes.

 

If you do not believe there should be a separate class for private/public, should there not be separate classes for size. A schools want to compete against 4A, just higher better coaches.

 

NCC and Coach Schiedner should just work harder to compete and beat St. X or Trinity.

Tenn. split up football a few years ago. About the same time they started losing to Kentucky in the All-Star game. Tenn. has slipped year after year since the split.

You mean they would suffer like the 4A rural schools who do not have the resources that Trinity and St. X do, suffers presently.

 

Please do not misconstrue what I said as a slam against DeSales and Holy Cross. I did not mean it that way. Simply if the public schools are taking all these slams about not working hard enough it would fall, based upon the opinion expressed by some but NOT me in this thread that DeSales and Holy Cross is not doing the same.

 

I take the opinion that some schools are going to have advantages and that is JUST THE WAY IT IS.

DeSales and Holy Cross suffer for two reasons. One, they dont have the same sized alumni that T and X do...this does not mean that the alumni of these schools care less than T and X's do, its just a numbers thing. The second disadvantage is the same as T and X suffer...to attend these school, parents must pay a hefty tuition. I dont see any advantages here at all.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.