Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Another private school post season play vote?

Featured Replies

Nice, wide brush you use to paint with. Bet you cover a lot of area with those blanket statements. Public schools need to quit whinning.? Are you able to recall the public schools voted it down last time it was presented? Had it not been for the public schools, the measure would have passed. So, be a little considerate instead of assuming.

You are wrong. It passed. It was not OKed by the board of control.

  • Replies 410
  • Views 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sarcasm appreciated .Good luck in your season maybe your county needs to put something in the water. :thumb:

We have considered the stretching torture rack that was used in the Dark Ages or just hanging them by their thumbs to create a greater reach for defensive purposes. But considering we are one of those public schools that just teaches are students to whine, we figured it was not a good idea. :cool:

You are wrong. It passed. It was not OKed by the board of control.

 

 

Sorry bud, it did not pass the 66% needed to send to the Board of Control. It passed in a majority but not a super majority, which is the KHSAA by laws requirement.

What are you talking about? What issues? In effect, put up or shut up!!! This board is about football. You are way out of line.

 

Take a deep breath please. This was not out of line and go back and read the posts regarding the judgement quote of the schools coach. It should be clear.

 

To the issues detail, it does not belong here, but if you wish, I will pm you.

You people in Louisville and Lexington have to realize that the world does not revolve around you. My posts have alluded to rural counties several times. There is NO PUBLIC GOLF COURSES IN most rural counties in this state. So the option you mention in LOUISVILLE is not an option in RURAL COUNTIES.

 

I do not have swimming pool or polo field in my back yard either - so I guess i will whine and cry that my kids will never excel in either of the two sports. Let's move on - this argument is tired and will never be solved.

Sure. Did NC have a problem with priests? If not that is not a fair statement. Also Jimmy Swaggart committed Adultry with Jessica Hawn.
Actually, it was Jim Bakker, not Jimmy Swaggart.
Actually, it was Jim Bakker, not Jimmy Swaggart.

 

 

A jim is a jim is a jim.

:lol:

Actually, it was Jim Bakker, not Jimmy Swaggart.

 

So did Swaggart. Remember "I have sinned". Jim Baker was involved with Jessica Haun. You were right, point being is that they were preachers and were not Catholic.

Let's get back to Football. :ylsuper:

 

This will never pass. They won't kick out the private schools.

 

So why are we even arguing about this.

That's funny. I responded to a post directed to me that said why does public schools not want the players that don't make the varsity team at a private school like Lex Catholic. I said I would take them. Guess I should have simply said nah let them not play somewhere.

 

I guess as a coach, I should be able to coach the 5'8" center to suddenly grow into a 6'4" center that Lex Catholic has. Or maybe we should take our 5'1" point guard and coach her to be as quick as Carly was from Sacred Heart. You know you are right. It is my fault that the players are not as quick or not as tall. But I guess that is Coach Todd's fault at Lex Catholic fault to, since only ONE of his top 6 players last year were from Fayette County. Yep that is right. Coach Todd couldn't win with players from Fayatte County, so I guess Lex Cath needs to get rid of him.

SInce I have never engaged in a debate with you before, please note that the above post is FULL of sarcasm.

Where were they from ? Were they all Catholic or want to learn more about the Catholic faith. I sent my 3 kids to Newport Central Catholic because I wanted them to have a Catholic education at least through High School . Where I live we have the option for three public High Schools, Highlands , Newport Public , or Campbell Co .In my mind none of those were viable options. Maybe that was the thinking of those parents . Are there any other Catholic High Schools in Fayette Co or in the surrounding Counties that they could have gone to?

I do not have swimming pool or polo field in my back yard either - so I guess i will whine and cry that my kids will never excel in either of the two sports. Let's move on - this argument is tired and will never be solved.

I will agree with you 100% that too many people use this for an excuse and not a reason. We have no golf course in my backyard either, but we practice our pitching wedges and short irons at targets in my yard and our cow pasture (bet not many private school golfers have ever practice golf with their ball laying next to a pile of cow manure). We go to the state park and practice our putting and short chips on the putting green at no charge.

 

And I will also agree with you as I stated before it will not be solved.

Where were they from ? Were they all Catholic or want to learn more about the Catholic faith. I sent my 3 kids to Newport Central Catholic because I wanted them to have a Catholic education at least through High School . Where I live we have the option for three public High Schools, Highlands , Newport Public , or Campbell Co .In my mind none of those were viable options. Maybe that was the thinking of those parents . Are there any other Catholic High Schools in Fayette Co or in the surrounding Counties that they could have gone to?

I do not believe there is another Catholic faith school in that area. Sayre might be but I am not really sure. The point is not them attending for their faith but your point that since I cannot coach the students in my county, my players, than they need a new coach.

I will agree with you 100% that too many people use this for an excuse and not a reason. We have no golf course in my backyard either, but we practice our pitching wedges and short irons at targets in my yard and our cow pasture (bet not many private school golfers have ever practice golf with their ball laying next to a pile of cow manure). We go to the state park and practice our putting and short chips on the putting green at no charge.

 

And I will also agree with you as I stated before it will not be solved.

 

 

Yes they have. I have to disagree with you. The boys golf coach talked about that a week ago. There was cow dung next to the ball.

Ft.Campbell and Ft.Knox is at a greater advantage then anyone. I think we need to look into this. What if you were a 2 star General and you love football. You want to boost up you high school football program. What if he said I would like a oh 6-2 270lbs LB from Virginia. So why don't we transfer this guy's dad or mom to Ft.Campbell. Oh we need a RB. Let's see I think Florida might have a good RB. Let's transfer Sgt. "John Doe".
If you think that is actually the way that Micah Johnson or anyone else landed at Fort Campbell, then by all means, call the KHSAA and have them investigate. Frankly, I don't believe it. This is the U.S. Army we're talking about. I think they have more important things to worry about then making sure a Division I football prospect ends up at Fort Campbell.

 

Besides, Micah Johnson doesn't have to attend Fort Campbell. He isn't bound to go to school on post ... he's also free to go to school in Clarksville, assuming that he lives in Tennessee. Marcus McClinton lived in Kentucky and could have enrolled at Hopkinsville, entirely legally, if he had so chosen.

 

Amazing that no one complained about Fort Campbell when they piled up losing records in the late 1990s. The Falcons have lost a few players over the years, too, either to the Clarksville schools or because their parents got transferred to another installation.

 

Of course, your gripe is coming from a supporter of a school that made it to the state championship game on the back of a Division I recruit at quarterback from a neighboring county and had attended a public middle school in that county. And your state-power softball team apparently has had star players that live in another state.

 

For the record, I don't have a problem with that, either, as long as everything is above board.

 

Yet you have the nerve to complain about other schools' athletes "showing up" from other places.

Yes they have. I have to disagree with you. The boys golf coach talked about that a week ago. There was cow dung next to the ball.

That is great. Nothing like a little cow dung on the golf ball to build character.

 

We played a private school last week and I had a player go into the creek to retrieve her ball. The coach commented that her players would never do that because they would be afraid of ruining their shoes. Probably more the difference of city girls vs. country girls. She even had the arrogance to make the comment to me, "Well my girls are more worried about their appearance and are not so tomboyish." I felt it was best to simply drive away in my little coaching golf cart and check on my players.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.