Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Another private school post season play vote?

Featured Replies

You are correct....I applaud those kids who play baseball and don't make the team, the basketball players, the volleyball players, the field hockey players and the softball players as well. Their participation in the tryouts push the best to compete at a higher level. The fact that these kids stay in these schools say a lot about the fact that there's more to their decision to attend a private school than the sports. But, of course those kids who don't make it and stay don't seem to be a bone of contention to the public schools. Why aren't people clammoring about all the would-be athletes walking the halls at private schools that aren't playing sports at a public school? Is it because the public schools only want the players who made the team?

I bet there are several RURAL public schools that would love to have the girls basketball players that are not on varsity at Lex Catholic. I know of one for sure. And the players that did not make the team, would make a lot of teams around the state.

  • Replies 410
  • Views 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is ancient history

 

Just two years ago?! With a teacher?! Are you sure?!

 

Ancient history is not the missing view in front of the school. Ancient history is not still being in a position to pay the legal settlement.

 

Look, the point is simple. Be consistent with the point he was trying to make and be careful to judge other actions vs. your own.

I have looked on both sides of the issue. I have worked on both sides.

 

Let's give the pros and cons of both that is all you can do. I don't think getting rid of the Catholic schools in the KHSAA is a good idea, especially for public schools. I don't think Male and Lex. Paul Dunbar or Scott Co. are going to bring 35,000 fans to 4A game. Big gate for KHSAA and Big money.

 

Also like I said before you are labeled State Champs of Public Schools or State champs of Private schools. There is not a true champion and it wouldn't be right for kids to wear rings and two differnent teams wearing 4A state champs.

Not necessarily by you, but I found it very interesting that the KHSAA takes shot after shot on BGP by people that say it is only worried about money and not the kids and then the argument in bold above is mentioned. Make up your mind. SHould the KHSAA be worried about money or not?

Nice, wide brush you use to paint with. Bet you cover a lot of area with those blanket statements. Public schools need to quit whinning.? Are you able to recall the public schools voted it down last time it was presented? Had it not been for the public schools, the measure would have passed. So, be a little considerate instead of assuming.

 

 

If they passed it they pass it. Oh well!

When this passes, it will continue the further "wussification" of America. What's the next referedum? We should no longer keep score because someones feelings might get hurt?

Not necessarily by you, but I found it very interesting that the KHSAA takes shot after shot on BGP by people that say it is only worried about money and not the kids and then the argument in bold above is mentioned. Make up your mind. SHould the KHSAA be worried about money or not?

 

Not worry about money. Consider this though, They better keep those two schools there to say they have a chance if these two schools play each other to get a good gate.

I bet there are several RURAL public schools that would love to have the girls basketball players that are not on varsity at Lex Catholic. I know of one for sure. And the players that did not make the team, would make a lot of teams around the state.

 

But why then, do the kids STAY at the private schools, knowing they could play somewhere else? Why does everyone assume those kids WANT to attend another school to play? The point I'm trying to make is that, as much as many people assume sports are a primary reason kids attend private schools, it isn't. The thing is, these kids wouldn't go to a public school regardless, or they would transfer out and go where they could play. So, we're (public and private) are not competing for these kids for athletics. There's much more to the decision than that. So, kicking the private schools out would only broaden the ability of the potential of public schools losing even more athletes to privates, if the privates had no KHSAA restrictions to follow regarding recruiting, etc. It could become even more feasible for kids to attend these schools.

:t

When this passes, it will continue the further "wussification" of America. What's the next referedum? We should no longer keep score because someones feelings might get hurt?[/quote

 

 

:thumb:

Just two years ago?! With a teacher?! Are you sure?!

 

Ancient history is not the missing view in front of the school. Ancient history is not still being in a position to pay the legal settlement.

 

Look, the point is simple. Be consistent with the point he was trying to make and be careful to judge other actions vs. your own.

What I meant is that this does not belong in this thread

But why then, do the kids STAY at the private schools, knowing they could play somewhere else? Why does everyone assume those kids WANT to attend another school to play? The point I'm trying to make is that, as much as many people assume sports are a primary reason kids attend private schools, it isn't. The thing is, these kids wouldn't go to a public school regardless, or they would transfer out and go where they could play. So, we're (public and private) are not competing for these kids for athletics. There's much more to the decision than that. So, kicking the private schools out would only broaden the ability of the potential of public schools losing even more athletes to privates, if the privates had no KHSAA restrictions to follow regarding recruiting, etc. It could become even more feasible for kids to attend these schools.

I agree. I don't think kicking the private schools out will see an exodus out of the private school.......BUT if that kid who did not make the team, knows he/she could compete in the state tournament for the public schools, would he/she then go to the public school? Some would, some would not.

What I meant is that this does not belong in this thread

 

That is fair enough as well as a private school coach making a "hiring" point about another school system.

I bet there are several RURAL public schools that would love to have the girls basketball players that are not on varsity at Lex Catholic. I know of one for sure. And the players that did not make the team, would make a lot of teams around the state.

So you cant coach the girls you have at your school and make winners out of them .Sounds like they need a different coach.

So you cant coach the girls you have at your school and make winners out of them .Sounds like they need a different coach.

 

That's funny. I responded to a post directed to me that said why does public schools not want the players that don't make the varsity team at a private school like Lex Catholic. I said I would take them. Guess I should have simply said nah let them not play somewhere.

 

I guess as a coach, I should be able to coach the 5'8" center to suddenly grow into a 6'4" center that Lex Catholic has. Or maybe we should take our 5'1" point guard and coach her to be as quick as Carly was from Sacred Heart. You know you are right. It is my fault that the players are not as quick or not as tall. But I guess that is Coach Todd's fault at Lex Catholic fault to, since only ONE of his top 6 players last year were from Fayette County. Yep that is right. Coach Todd couldn't win with players from Fayatte County, so I guess Lex Cath needs to get rid of him.

SInce I have never engaged in a debate with you before, please note that the above post is FULL of sarcasm.

I recall when this quote was made. It is a little high handed to say that when, in fact he was and has been in the school administration at NC/NCC when there were some major issues regarding certain priests. So, should the response be, higher more responsible and moral teachers? Fair is fair.

What are you talking about? What issues? In effect, put up or shut up!!! This board is about football. You are way out of line.

That's funny. I responded to a post directed to me that said why does public schools not want the players that don't make the varsity team at a private school like Lex Catholic. I said I would take them. Guess I should have simply said nah let them not play somewhere.

 

I guess as a coach, I should be able to coach the 5'8" center to suddenly grow into a 6'4" center that Lex Catholic has. Or maybe we should take our 5'1" point guard and coach her to be as quick as Carly was from Sacred Heart. You know you are right. It is my fault that the players are not as quick or not as tall. But I guess that is Coach Todd's fault at Lex Catholic fault to, since only ONE of his top 6 players last year were from Fayette County. Yep that is right. Coach Todd couldn't win with players from Fayatte County, so I guess Lex Cath needs to get rid of him.

SInce I have never engaged in a debate with you before, please note that the above post is FULL of sarcasm.

Sarcasm appreciated .Good luck in your season maybe your county needs to put something in the water. :thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.