Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Taggart is the New HC at WKU

Featured Replies

Per WBKO...at a Press Conf. today at noon, Taggart will be named the new HC at WKU.

 

...It's the only hire that made sense with the way they handled the end of Elson's time on the Hill. Good pick for the Hilltoppers.

 

Perhaps Willie T will recruit a bit more within the state lines.

Seems like a logical choice for WKU, not sure why Willie would want to leave Palo Alto. I know that he is a hometown guy and this is an opportunity to be a D1 head coach, but the pay is very low(relative to other D1 programs). I seriuosly doubt that they will be able to out recruit UofL or UK for in-state players. Hope that he didn't get himself into a no win situation. He is a good coach and a good guy! Best of luck Coach Taggart.

Good luck, Coach.

Very weird that a guy that played with is going to be a D-1 head coach.....pretty cool...and now I am back on the bandwagon.

This is the better choice than Paul Petrino....

 

I wonder if Bobby told him he wouldn't be there to tell him what to do?

I wonder if WKU hosting the state championship games made them rush into the decision? Not that Taggart is a bad choice I think that he is a good one. However WKU will be hosting 75% of the high school head coaches in the state next week...it will be a great time to have the new man on campus. I wonder when Elson will be shown the door...Taggart and Elson coached together for a long time and I would presume are good friends as well...This has to be somewhat hard on Taggart.

Very weird that a guy that played with is going to be a D-1 head coach.....pretty cool...and now I am back on the bandwagon.

 

 

Do you have any desire to get into college coaching? Could this be a good opportunity for you if you do?

Someone give the background on this guy?

Seems like a logical choice for WKU, not sure why Willie would want to leave Palo Alto. I know that he is a hometown guy and this is an opportunity to be a D1 head coach, but the pay is very low(relative to other D1 programs). I seriuosly doubt that they will be able to out recruit UofL or UK for in-state players. Hope that he didn't get himself into a no win situation. He is a good coach and a good guy! Best of luck Coach Taggart.

 

I understand your sentiment towards Willie...

 

just want to clarify that UofL does ont recruit Kentucky athletes. Greater Cincinnati, Yes, Kentucky, NO.

 

IMO, University of Kentucky does a fairly good job of going after the Kentucky football athletes.

I wish the best of luck to Coach Taggart, but I am a bit puzzled.

 

I assumed when Coach Elson was fired during the season that the Western Kentucky administration had another can't miss coach in mind for the job. A guy they had to get in the fold with no waste of time for fear of losing him to another school.

 

I don't see Coach Taggart as that "can't miss" head coach at this level.

WKU is simply not going to get a can't miss candidate IMO. To me, they had to take a risk on a more unproven candidate. In Taggart they chose a man who had a background in the program and has established himself as an excellent recruiter. He is I'm sure extremely raw from a head coaching perspective in other areas, so it will be key who he has on his staff.

Best of Luck to Willie Taggart and to the future of Hilltopper football! Take I-65 north to I-71 north to the heart of Northern Kentucky football talent!

 

 

 

http://www.seattlepi.com/scorecard/cfootballnews.asp?articleID=268836

 

He was at a Highlands-Ryle football game, so I think you can say he has already shown an interest in Northern Kentucky football while recruiting for Stanford. It would seem that this interest would intensify since WKU does not have the recruiting firepower of a major conference. I would think this is a very good hire for WKU.

He was at a Highlands-Ryle football game, so I think you can say he has already shown an interest in Northern Kentucky football while recruiting for Stanford. It would seem that this interest would intensify since WKU does not have the recruiting firepower of a major conference. I would think this is a very good hire for WKU.

 

Now that you mention that, I saw him. He walked past me in the endzone with Cris and Holly Collinsworth. He had the red Stanford jacket on! Wow... I thought he was recruiting AC for Stanford. Hmmmm...

 

Thanks Straight!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.