Question for the referees

I didn't say the word knees was in the rule.

"Great question, Understand that what I say now, has no bearing on what happened last night. That being said, if the tackler pulled the runner down by the back of the jersey, and the runner's knee's buckled, then it was in my opinion a horse collar. Remember this penatly is to protect the runner. As an official we are trying to protect players from injury.

The rule is the rule.

Also....someone asked about the A player scoring a touchdown then there being a horse collar.....no horse collar can be called unless it happens in the field of play. If anything can be called here it would be a dead ball personal foul. That depends on how it happened after he crossed the goal line. Same goes for a player being out of bounds then there is a horse collar tackle, dead ball personal foul if anything.

I have a question regarding the NFL, and a replay challenge.

If a coach challenges the spot on a play, how much of a change in the spot would be required to consider it a correct challenge; therefore, no forfeiture of a timeout. As an example, a play may result in a 4th down and

a foot. After further review, it may be respotted inches less than the original mark. This may be difference between going for it, or not. What is the NFL rule regarding this review?