Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

H1N1

Featured Replies

I just received the H1N1 vaccine shot at NKU . Total wait to get the shot was about 10 minutes . Has anyone else been innoculated or are you going to get the shot .

 

Both my son who is 29 and my 18 month old grandaughter ( his daughter ) have had the H1N1 flu . Both were mild cases and both have recovered .

I have the opportunity to get it and am going to pass. I don't ever get the seasonal flu shot either.

I had the H1N1 two weeks ago for my birthday. Believe you me, it's no fun.

  • Author
I have the opportunity to get it and am going to pass. I don't ever get the seasonal flu shot either.
Reasons?
I have the opportunity to get it and am going to pass. I don't ever get the seasonal flu shot either.

 

I am with you on this.

I will not be getting it nor do I ever get a seasonal flu shot.

My 18 year old daughter is getting hers tonight.

 

One of my college boys got his @ WKU, no problem.

 

Other son at OU said they ran out, none coming that he knows of. :madman: Course who knows how hard he looked? :idunno:

 

As a nurse I was required to get the seasonal flu vaccine or I could not work. So far, H1N1 hasnt made it to my place of employment, but I will get it to protect my patients.

 

For those who wont get it......remember it isnt just about you. If you should get the flu you can spread it to others who may have deadly results. It is about protecting yourself and OTHERS!

All 7 of my family got the mist about 3 weeks ago. No problems whatsoever for any of us, not even a runny nose.

I hate needles more than H1N1.

My daughter had H1N1 about 3 weeks ago, and it wasn't pretty. But, I'm still not getting the shot. Nor will I get a seasonal flu shot.

My daughter had H1N1 about 3 weeks ago, and it wasn't pretty. But, I'm still not getting the shot. Nor will I get a seasonal flu shot.
I was going to get it today, but I happened to have a cardiologist appt. this morning. He said that he had seen several H1N1 patients and felt that the virus may have peaked in our area already.

 

He said that the deaths that are occuring are from a rare condition that happens subsequent to getting the virus. It's called Pulmonary Alveolar Proteinosis (PAP), and is simillar, as I understand it, to pneumonia. He said the patients who are contracting this complication haven't been doing well at all.

 

There's no way to know who will develop PAP from H1N1. It's a roll of the dice. He didn't specifically advise me not to get the shot; however, he didn't place any particular importance on it, even with my history.

I just got back from NKU....The longest part of the wait was the shuttle ride from Furniture Fair around the corner to the arena. My wife went out with our 3 young children and said the wait wasn't long at all. It went pretty smoothly.

I was going to get it today, but I happened to have a cardiologist appt. this morning. He said that he had seen several H1N1 patients and felt that the virus may have peaked in our area already.

 

He said that the deaths that are occuring are from a rare condition that happens subsequent to getting the virus. It's called Pulmonary Alveolar Proteinosis (PAP), and is simillar, as I understand it, to pneumonia. He said the patients who are contracting this complication haven't been doing well at all.

 

There's no way to know who will develop PAP from H1N1. It's a roll of the dice. He didn't specifically advise me not to get the shot; however, he didn't place any particular importance on it, even with my history.

 

 

My daughter has been fine since. And since your doctor didn't seem overly concerned given your history, and since I didn't get it from being around my daughter, I am even more comfortable with my decision. :D

 

I've been practicing the alternative methods for avoiding ALL such illnesses: frequent hand washing, keeping the counters and door nobs wiped down, getting plenty of sleep, getting plent of excercise, and drinking lots of hot fluids, especially teas. And the best....social distancing. :D :lol:

My daughter has been fine since. And since your doctor didn't seem overly concerned given your history, and since I didn't get it from being around my daughter, I am even more comfortable with my decision. :D
Yeah, we're back on the same team. Go figure! :idunno: :D

 

And the best....social distancing. :D :lol:

 

Are you saying BGP is your #1 source for H1N1 protection? :cool:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.