Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Predict UK's record

Featured Replies

21-9

SEC CHAMPS

NCAA-Lose in sweet 16

 

UK is too young this year to be any good, there best players are freshman and when its their first year in college basketball, they aren't going to lead you to the Final 4 or the Elite 8.

 

May be right about Cats being too young but remember the Fab Five at Michigan they went to NCAA Championship game as Freshman. I am not saying it is going to happen but it has been done before.

  • Replies 53
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
May be right about Cats being too young but remember the Fab Five at Michigan they went to NCAA Championship game as Freshman. I am not saying it is going to happen but it has been done before.

 

Ohio State in 2007 as well.:thumb:

I'm think three losses on that schedule.

 

- Rider

- Long Beach State

- Hartford

 

 

 

 

 

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

 

 

 

By the way...what and where is "Rider":confused: :lol::lol::lol:

I'm think three losses on that schedule.

 

- Rider

- Long Beach State

- Hartford

 

 

 

 

 

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

 

 

 

By the way...what and where is "Rider":confused: :lol::lol::lol:

 

They are the Broncs in NJ. http://www.rider.edu/174.htm

If BCG was still coaching I would be willing to agree with you.:D

21-9

SEC CHAMPS

NCAA-Lose in sweet 16

 

UK is too young this year to be any good, there best players are freshman and when its their first year in college basketball, they aren't going to lead you to the Final 4 or the Elite 8.

 

Yeah, kinda like Syracuse in 2003 I believe it was....:sssh:

 

 

BTW, I don't see UK making it to the Final Four, but I'd be shocked to see more than 5-6 regular season losses and anything higher than a 3 seed in the tournament.

Meeks' 28 ppg are gone.

Last year the Wildcats missed the NCAA

Incoming freshman, regardless of Rivals ratings, have yet to play a college game.

Dribble/Drive is playground hoops.

Please tell me you don't think this team can realistically get to the Final 4?

Expectations weigh heavily.

Meeks' 28 ppg are gone.

Last year the Wildcats missed the NCAA

Incoming freshman, regardless of Rivals ratings, have yet to play a college game.

Dribble/Drive is playground hoops.

Please tell me you don't think this team can realistically get to the Final 4?

Expectations weigh heavily.

 

A couple of those incoming frosh. are better than anything UK had on the floor last year not named Patrick Patterson, who is still there.

 

While I feel expectations are unnecessarily high, I don't think it's too unrealistic to think the team COULD make it a long way in the dance.

I'm not going to predict an exact record, but I'm thinking they lose around 7-9 games. If they consistently show the ability to shoot the opponent out of zone and gimmick defenses it will be better, but that was always an issue at Memphis St for Cal's teams against CUSA opponents and with the jump in talent moving to the SEC I think they drop some unexpected games here and there. I also think it will take some time to adjust to the style of defense that he demands, so when I add up both I think UK will have a very good season, but will experience some growing pains along the way...

30+ wins.

They are the Broncs in NJ. http://www.rider.edu/174.htm

If BCG was still coaching I would be willing to agree with you.:D

 

Just in case you forgot to take those blue glasses off. I was kidding!

 

 

I say they have 26 wins at the end of the season.

I'm not going to predict an exact record, but I'm thinking they lose around 7-9 games. If they consistently show the ability to shoot the opponent out of zone and gimmick defenses it will be better, but that was always an issue at Memphis St for Cal's teams against CUSA opponents and with the jump in talent moving to the SEC I think they drop some unexpected games here and there. I also think it will take some time to adjust to the style of defense that he demands, so when I add up both I think UK will have a very good season, but will experience some growing pains along the way...

I believe that is a fair assessment and sort of how I began to feel watching tonight's preseason game. I will amend my prediction to 30-7.

I'm not going to predict an exact record, but I'm thinking they lose around 7-9 games. If they consistently show the ability to shoot the opponent out of zone and gimmick defenses it will be better, but that was always an issue at Memphis St for Cal's teams against CUSA opponents and with the jump in talent moving to the SEC I think they drop some unexpected games here and there. I also think it will take some time to adjust to the style of defense that he demands, so when I add up both I think UK will have a very good season, but will experience some growing pains along the way...

 

Honestly I think 7-9 losses could happen but I think 7 would be the highest amount of losses. The following are the games in question in my eyes:

 

UNC/UConn/UL/UF/USC/LSU/UT/Miss St and maybe a Vandy loss in Nashville.

 

That would be nine but I don't forsee them losing against UConn or UL so that would be 7.

A couple of those incoming frosh. are better than anything UK had on the floor last year not named Patrick Patterson, who is still there.

 

While I feel expectations are unnecessarily high, I don't think it's too unrealistic to think the team COULD make it a long way in the dance.

 

Freshman are unknowns until they're known. Highly rated recruits don't always play to ratings. We'll see.

Morehead State W

Miami University W

Sam Houston State W

Rider W

Cleveland State - In Cancun W

Stanford / Virginia - In Cancun W

 

UNC Asheville W

North Carolina L

UCONN @ Madison Square Garden L

@ Indiana W

Austin Peay W

Drexel W

Long Beach State W

Hartford W

Louisville W

 

Georgia W

@ Florida L

@ Auburn W

Arkansas W

@ South Carolina W

Vandy W

Ole Miss L (personal bias but I'm honest about it)

@ LSU W

Alabama W

Tennessee W

@ Miss. St L

@ Vandy L (UK always struggles at Vandy, the coach nor the players will change that)

South Carolina W

@ Tennessee L

@ Georgia W

Florida W

 

24-7 who knows with the NCAA tourney as well have to see the draw first, they will at least due sweet 16 but after that it's all about the draw and who you have to play and where. Also depends on if Coach Cal has figured out free throws are important in the tourney.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.