Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boyle County/Rockcastle County Predictions

Who wins? 105 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Boyle County
      88%
    • Rockcastle County
      11%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Boyle County is the superior team in this matchup. The thing that may make it interesting though, is that Rockcastle's defense coaches had an extra week to prepare. They won't go down without a fight. Saylor's defense should slow Boyle down, but the Rock's offense may never get rolling.

 

24-7 Boyle.

  • Replies 103
  • Views 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I look for a better game this week. But I'll have to say, I think the Rebels will still win big!!

I'll have to say Boyle County looks to be the real deal, but they need to be careful about running the score up. If they find themselves having to play Tennessee's powerhouses just to fill their schedule, that would be a bit tough. You don't want to have to travel several hours to another state and play a tough football team because you scarred all the local teams off. My brother coaches in West Virginia, and that happened to them. They had to travel all the way to western Ohio to play a game. They lost, bade. They also went to the state finals that same season. You want to keep your options open.

 

Don't run the double around tight end pass when you are ahead by 49

Don't run the double around tight end pass when you are ahead by 49

 

I don't recall us ever being up by 49 against JC. maybe Boyle Co. should be playing out of state competition. It would make them better in the long run, and it wouldn't have any bearing on the playoffs. I'm sure Bell Co. benefited from their game against the Tenn. team. Sometimes you learn more about yourself in a game like that, compared to a lopsided win against a local team.

Don't run the double around tight end pass when you are ahead by 49

 

:lol:

 

What game was that one? :idunno:

  • Author
:lol:

 

What game was that one? :idunno:

 

Maybe he's in the wrong thread? :idunno:

I'd say RC will be able to punt the ball so BC won't be starting on there own 20 yard line on nearly every series. I'd say they'll have to work alittle harder to score. With that said I think BC wins.

 

BC 35

RC 0

Who Ya With....where you been hiding? Since your back, does this mean there is some Pulled Pork and a tailgate party in the future? Hey stop by and see me when your down my way and have time!

I'd say RC will be able to punt the ball so BC won't be starting on there own 20 yard line on nearly every series. I'd say they'll have to work alittle harder to score. With that said I think BC wins.

 

BC 35

RC 0

 

I think you meant so Boyle won't be starting on the THE OTHER TEAMS 20. That short field makes it easy on the offense and hard on the other teams defense.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

I look forward to seeing where Lamar ends up at. While I'd like to see him somewhere local(UK, UL), it wouldn't bother me in the least if he went out of state. He is definitely BCS D-1 caliber I would think.

I think you meant so Boyle won't be starting on the THE OTHER TEAMS 20. That short field makes it easy on the offense and hard on the other teams defense.

 

Yeah that's what I meant. LOL Posted that after working 12 hours.

Who Ya With....where you been hiding? Since your back, does this mean there is some Pulled Pork and a tailgate party in the future? Hey stop by and see me when your down my way and have time!

 

Life got busy for a while, divorse, marriage and you know about my mother.

We may have to have another tailgate party soon! You still on the Adkins diet? Or you on the see food diet like me?

Boyle coasts through the 2nd half in fear of not getting anyone to play them next year, since Matney has already backed out.

 

I don’t want to disrupt this thread, but Matney "backed out" of this contract?? That's both disturbing and disappointing news. One would think that playing a team the caliber of Boyle would be exactly what JC is be looking for.

 

As for this game, it appears that Boyle is the odds on favorite. Rockcastle has always garnered much respect from my neck of the woods. However, after seeing the stats from Boyles game last weekend, and looking at the remaining schedule, I’m not sure anyone is going to challenge the Rebels during the regular season.

 

Over the past 10 years, Boyle has had only one loosing season (2007)…RC has come close to one (also 2007) when they went 6 – 6. FWIW, over the last decade, Boyle has amassed a record of 121 – 20 (12 – 2 avg)…Rock has claimed a record of 106 – 28 (11 – 3 avg).

 

Good luck to both teams this weekend.

 

If Boyle has trouble finding opponents next year(s)…how about a series with Ashland? We would love to host the Rebels at Putnam Stadium!

I don’t want to disrupt this thread, but Matney "backed out" of this contract?? That's both disturbing and disappointing news. One would think that playing a team the caliber of Boyle would be exactly what JC is be looking for.

 

As for this game, it appears that Boyle is the odds on favorite. Rockcastle has always garnered much respect from my neck of the woods. However, after seeing the stats from Boyles game last weekend, and looking at the remaining schedule, I’m not sure anyone is going to challenge the Rebels during the regular season.

 

Over the past 10 years, Boyle has had only one loosing season (2007)…RC has come close to one (also 2007) when they went 6 – 6. FWIW, over the last decade, Boyle has amassed a record of 121 – 20 (12 – 2 avg)…Rock has claimed a record of 106 – 28 (11 – 3 avg).

 

Good luck to both teams this weekend.

 

If Boyle has trouble finding opponents next year(s)…how about a series with Ashland? We would love to host the Rebels at Putnam Stadium!

 

 

Actually I remember a one year contract with Ashland in the late 80's for Boyle. The Rebels were on their downward slide and the Tomcats had a good team. The game was at Boyle and Ashland beat the Rebels soundly. It would be interesting to see Boyle finally return that trip up there. :thumb:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.