Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Why is it Calipari's fault?

Featured Replies

Sporting News

 

NCAA cleared Rose to play why does Memphis have to pay?

 

As usual the "Voice Of reason".

 

I cant get your link to work. Guessing that was something from Decoursey?

  • Replies 45
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because he's the captain of the ship....he should've known better upon the onset of the implications.

So are these things he supposedly did the night after the SAT all that bad?

 

Are they rumors or what?

So are these things he supposedly did the night after the SAT all that bad?

 

Are they rumors or what?

 

Yeah, they at least look bad.

Because he's the captain of the ship....he should've known better upon the onset of the implications.

 

According to the Sporting News article, Memphis didn't find out he was ruled ineligible until after the season was over.

Because he's the captain of the ship....he should've known better upon the onset of the implications.

 

Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't Pastner in charge of his recruiting?

  • Author
Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't Pastner in charge of his recruiting?

 

Ding, Ding, Ding!!

Ding, Ding, Ding!!

 

I do agree with RP that the captain goes down with the ship but I don't think Pastner should get a free pass either if people wanna point fingers.

I realize that I'm being redundant, but why doesn't the NCAA go down with the ship?

I realize that I'm being redundant, but why doesn't the NCAA go down with the ship?

 

:idunno: Good Question

According to the Sporting News article, Memphis didn't find out he was ruled ineligible until after the season was over.

They were initially informed that it was under investigation in October of '07....this is from UK's beat writer Brent Dawson.

I realize that I'm being redundant, but why doesn't the NCAA go down with the ship?

After hearing some reports, I think that they have the right explanation. If a guy plays the season while taking money, the season ends, all is well. Later someone says he took money, then he's ineligible retro-actively. IN this case Rose was deemed eligible, then investigated prior to the season, they played him, now he's in-eligible.

After hearing some reports, I think that they have the right explanation. If a guy plays the season while taking money, the season ends, all is well. Later someone says he took money, then he's ineligible retro-actively. IN this case Rose was deemed eligible, then investigated prior to the season, they played him, now he's in-eligible.

 

But the same wasn't true for Duke in '99 was it?

 

(Not picking a fight because I know you have been a Duke fan but trying to see how what you just described isn't the same or very similar scenario?)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.