Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pat Forde's comments on ESPN

Featured Replies

:thumb: The obsession over UK fans is amazing.

It wouldn't be there without the UK fans actions so what's your point?

  • Replies 73
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Irregardless of what Forde said, if a UK fan is not nervous about Calipari after he now has never, officially, taken a team to the Final 4, than they are lying to themselves.

 

He is a very good coach, good recruiter and will win games for UK.

 

But what he allows to go on in his program either by who he chooses to bring in or allow to be around his program is scary.

 

I am not really that scared about it. I mean this has happened twice now, so I don't think he would want that to happen a third time now. Also he is not at a big time university for the first time in his career, and he knows the spotlight will be on him now more than ever. So he knows that he can't really even take the slightest chance now on things. Which honestly he probably wouldn't even need to chance things as much anymore, because this is his first time being at a top university. So it will be even easier for him to talk recruits into coming here. So I know I really am not to worried about it at all now.

Listening to Doug. G on The Herd today and he made some points that have already been said on here.

 

1. Memphis is partly to blame but more of the blame goes on the NCAA Clearinghouse for clearing him in the first place. (example he gave; Manager hires a guy pending work from HR. HR is to make sure to do the background check, drug testing, etc.) Comes back clear and guy is hired, but a month later comes back that he is a felon criminal. HR is off the hook and the manager is fired.

 

2. Should have been red flags initially when Rose went to Detroit to take ACT/SAT. Referred back to when Odom traveled clear across country to LA to take his SAT.

 

3. Pointless to say games "never happened".

Could LBBC really be Saul Smith????

 

You don't know how close you are.:D

 

No, I am actually warily excited about UK. I think they are going to do great and Cal is going to bring in some great talent and win many, many games.

 

But I don't want the excitement of winning another championship to be followed up by seeing UK having to pull that banner out of the rafters like Umass and Memphis has had to do.

  • Author
You don't know how close you are.:D

 

No, I am actually warily excited about UK. I think they are going to do great and Cal is going to bring in some great talent and win many, many games.

 

But I don't want the excitement of winning another championship to be followed up by seeing UK having to pull that banner out of the rafters like Umass and Memphis has had to do.

 

Great Post!!

It wouldn't be there without the UK fans actions so what's your point?

 

:lol: :lol: :thumb:

Forde does what he needs to do, he gets hits for many of the things he writes and says.

Now his relationship with Pitino, both financially and emotionally has jaded his opinions.

He went after Sypher in an article and he treated Pitino with ease right after the police report came out and nary said a word after even one of the best college hoop writers thought Pitino's press conference was contrite and forced...even the UL President made him do the public apology.

Forde went easy on Pitino even after it was made public he was serving after hour sperm splashes in a restaurant and then forking over 3k for a coat hanger...which is fact, yet rolls in the mud when it comes to speculation with Calipari.

So be it...Forde is getting the attention.

Pat Forde never ceases to amaze me with his commits. He basically bashed every UK in the country with his comments. He said that a small group of UK fans are concerned but the vast majority of us don't care about integrity and don't care how we win as long as we just win. While I'm sure there are a few fans like that, to stereotype all of us to that extent in just offensive to me. Forde to me should be the exact opposite of what he truely is.

 

 

Just last week, Forde was protecting Pitino on air and now he bashes UK fans and Calipari for something that isn't near as bad as what Pitino did.

 

Forde is an idiot. Plain and simple. I despise him on espn, his aritcles and/or commentary on anything. The man is a pompass jerk, a "legend in his own mind". As for his comparison of Pitino's trouble to Calapari I would only ask....."what the heck does Calapari have to do with Pitino? Answer...absolutely nothing, that comment was a no class and stupid shot to try and make his little buddy look better and just imo nothing will. (news flash to Forde.....it didn't work bubba, only made you look worse if that is possible)

I only would wish that anyone that feels the same would not buy any publication that has anything written by Forde in it, that imo is the only thing that gets to idots like this. Shoud magazines lose revenue bc of his work then maybe he won't get as much work. Whenever I see Forde come on, I turn the t.v. off or change the channel.

Forde = :puke:

 

(next time I'll tell you how I really feel :D)

Edited by oldrambler

Forde does what he needs to do, he gets hits for many of the things he writes and says.

Now his relationship with Pitino, both financially and emotionally has jaded his opinions.

He went after Sypher in an article and he treated Pitino with ease right after the police report came out and nary said a word after even one of the best college hoop writers thought Pitino's press conference was contrite and forced...even the UL President made him do the public apology.

Forde went easy on Pitino even after it was made public he was serving after hour sperm splashes in a restaurant and then forking over 3k for a coat hanger...which is fact, yet rolls in the mud when it comes to speculation with Calipari.

So be it...Forde is getting the attention.

 

That is all that matters to him, as I said in the above post I only hope that people would start boycotting any publications that have his work in them.

Could LBBC really be Saul Smith????

 

Other than the similarities in their respective hair stylings, nope. :D

It wouldn't be there without the UK fans actions so what's your point?

 

Why do UK fans' actions bother you so much? That's my point. It amazes me that people worry and care so much about the passion of the UK fanbase. How is it affecting your life in any way?

Now that Calipari has had two separate incidents at a former University where he coached at and each was stripped of wins and other accolades, do you think that UK will suffer something similar as these? And if so, what will be your opinion of Calipari? Will it be unchanged or will you have a different view?

 

This could be another thread if it really wanted to but just thought I'd pose the question here first.

The sad thing about the situation is Calipari has to be the unluckiest man in the coaching business. He has experienced two incidents which he had no control over and been stripped of two Final Fours. Camby secretly took money from an NBA agent while still playing for UMASS, and Rose cheated on his ACT, a test that Memphis and Cal had nothing to do with. Heck the NCAA Clearinghouse ruled Rose ready to play. Where is their accountability in all this mess???:confused:

But Forde and most of the media are unfairly hammering Calipari, Memphis, and UK for something they're not responsible for. Very unfair in my opinion.

 

I think UK and Coach Cal will be just fine. The media will yak about this for a year or two and it will slowly settle down. It will never completely go away however. If Cal does have a side to him that is sleazy as some say (which I don't buy into) these two incidents will make him stay clean as a whistle while at UK because I'm sure the bosses have already informed him that he is now under a national microscope with more magitude than the Hubble Telescope could see.

Why do UK fans' actions bother you so much? That's my point. It amazes me that people worry and care so much about the passion of the UK fanbase. How is it affecting your life in any way?

When did I say it bothered me? While sometimes it can be sad and pathetic, I find it to be quite entertaining most of the time. People aren't obsessed with UK fans, they just enjoy discussing dumb and idiotic behavior when they see it and unfortunately the vocal moronic UK fans make that possible more often then most.

When did I say it bothered me? While sometimes it can be sad and pathetic, I find it to be quite entertaining most of the time. People aren't obsessed with UK fans, they just enjoy discussing dumb and idiotic behavior when they see it and unfortunately the vocal moronic UK fans make that possible more often then most.

 

See I sense a lot of hate in that statement when talking about UK fans. Not all of us can be as smart as those that see UK fans for what they truly are, dumb and idiotic. But for that matter, why are they idiotic? Because they want to win every game? Because they love the sport? If you don't want to win then why play the game? I am curious though, are you as entertained by all of UNC, Duke, UCLA, Kansas, Notre Dame, Yankee fans as well or is it just UK fans. Just curious.

When did I say it bothered me? While sometimes it can be sad and pathetic, I find it to be quite entertaining most of the time. People aren't obsessed with UK fans, they just enjoy discussing dumb and idiotic behavior when they see it and unfortunately the vocal moronic UK fans make that possible more often then most.

 

All I can say is I personally know just as many crazy UofL fans as I do UK fans. Neither number is very high. I also know an insanely large number of people who's hatred for UK is equally as crazy.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.