Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pat Forde's comments on ESPN

Featured Replies

See I sense a lot of hate in that statement when talking about UK fans. Not all of us can be as smart as those that see UK fans for what they truly are, dumb and idiotic. But for that matter, why are they idiotic? Because they want to win every game? Because they love the sport? If you don't want to win then why play the game? I am curious though, are you as entertained by all of UNC, Duke, UCLA, Kansas, Notre Dame, Yankee fans as well or is it just UK fans. Just curious.

You can 'sense' all you want, there is no hate. I'm not talking about all UK fans, just the very vocal idiots who seem to live in their own world. I think they're idiots because of the dumb things they say, dumb things they do and the fact that they live in their own big blue fantasy world and cannot be reasoned with. And yes, other extreme fanatics can be quite funny to me as well. Not quite as much as the UK ones but that's because I live in KY and get to see it a little more often.

  • Replies 73
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All I can say is I personally know just as many crazy UofL fans as I do UK fans. Neither number is very high. I also know an insanely large number of people who's hatred for UK is equally as crazy.

I don't. I also don't believe the number is very high for either but I do believe it's higher for UK fans, that's just my personal opinion. I agree that the hatred for both programs by the rival fans is quite ridiculous as well.

I don't. I also don't believe the number is very high for either but I do believe it's higher for UK fans, that's just my personal opinion. I agree that the hatred for both programs by the rival fans is quite ridiculous as well.

 

If you are so blind to act as if there isn't very many UL fans that fit your description of some UK fans then having a conversation with you about the issue is pointless.

 

Some of the things UK fans are being criticized for right now are just plain silly. Like winning an online poll about the best arena. How many UK fans have been to Cameron Indoor. Not many. How many Kansas fans have been to Rupp Arena. Not many. So a poll like that is basically a team popularity contest and UK fans are going to participate in big numbers.

It's pretty simple. There are A LOT more UK fans in Kentucky than Louisville fans, so there are going to be more nutjobs. The percentage of nutjobs in both fan bases is probably about the same, but UK fans are known for going "above and beyond" when it comes to being fanatical fans...

It's pretty simple. There are A LOT more UK fans in Kentucky than Louisville fans, so there are going to be more nutjobs. The percentage of nutjobs in both fan bases is probably about the same, but UK fans are known for going "above and beyond" when it comes to being fanatical fans...

 

:thumb:

If you are so blind to act as if there isn't very many UL fans that fit your description of some UK fans then having a conversation with you about the issue is pointless.

 

Some of the things UK fans are being criticized for right now are just plain silly. Like winning an online poll about the best arena. How many UK fans have been to Cameron Indoor. Not many. How many Kansas fans have been to Rupp Arena. Not many. So a poll like that is basically a team popularity contest and UK fans are going to participate in big numbers.

I never said there weren't many of them. Just less UofL than UK imo, if you think that it's impossible for that to even be true then discussing it with you is pointless. Ignorant UofL fans actually upset me very much, ignorant UK fans do not therefore I tend to remember UofL's idiots fans more clearly and yet I still can think of many more UK fans as such. That tells me that there are more of them.

 

I agree that the arena poll is pointless and shouldn't be a topic of discussion.

It's pretty simple. There are A LOT more UK fans in Kentucky than Louisville fans, so there are going to be more nutjobs. The percentage of nutjobs in both fan bases is probably about the same, but UK fans are known for going "above and beyond" when it comes to being fanatical fans...

The percentage might very well be the same but bigger programs = more fans = more nut jobs.

It's pretty simple. There are A LOT more UK fans in Kentucky than Louisville fans, so there are going to be more nutjobs. The percentage of nutjobs in both fan bases is probably about the same, but UK fans are known for going "above and beyond" when it comes to being fanatical fans...

:thumb:And because there are more of them (numbers, not percentage) they are more visible.

First didn't read all the comments and haven't been on BGP in weeks. Met Pat Forde on a cold January night in Sandy Hook at the Penny Mart. Seemed like a nice guy and very enjoyable to be around. Certainly didn't see some of his mean spirited remarks coming. To quote a man from Galilee in the first century, "It is what comes from within that defiles a man". Kind of like a lot of our high ranking politicians we see these days!!! Didn't know much about him then and still don't now except remember him telling me he resides in Louisville. Hmmmm, maybe a clue!!!

Whether his comments frustrate me or not, Forde has no obligation to be pro or anti UK/UL with his stories. As long as he presents facts and wants to interject his opinion, more power to him.

Whether his comments frustrate me or not, Forde has no obligation to be pro or anti UK/UL with his stories. As long as he presents facts and wants to interject his opinion, more power to him.

 

I am not sure he is completely being accurate with what he is saying. He is more less saying Calipari is guilty of cheating when we have no idea what is going on.

 

Also, at the same time there is nothing wrong with us getting on here and saying he is a hypocrite for how he has handled Pitino differently than Calipari.

I am not sure he is completely being accurate with what he is saying. He is more less saying Calipari is guilty of cheating when we have no idea what is going on.

 

Also, at the same time there is nothing wrong with us getting on here and saying he is a hypocrite for how he has handled Pitino differently than Calipari.

 

:thumb:

If we UK fans are to worry about recruiting violations it'd be this year or the next...After they become successfull this year and the following, Calipari is not going to have to do much recruiting at all. Players will flock to the Bluegrass state. No need to bribe any of them.

Channel 18 Lexington reported tonight that Calipari recently interviewed on Yahoo and said there was one reporter in particular that he might just punch in the mouth if they meet. He said he doesn't read any of his articles anymore because he knows all they will do is make him angry. Channel 18 speculated that the reporter he was referring to was most likely Pat Forde.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.