Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rankings

Featured Replies

When does the rankings usually come out for the pre-season or season since I think it starts this week for some.

 

MaxPreps has Highlands #1 in state and 5A

 

Highlands #1 overall

Owensboro #7

Christian Co #10

Johnson Central #13

Dixie Heights #21

John Hardin #22

Whitley Co #28

Bowling Green #32

Ashland Blazer #36

Hopkinsville #41

 

This is the 5A top 10 based on Maxpreps the number out beside is the teams state rank.

Edited by wcj800
Add more content

Our rankings will probably be released tomorrow. We know we are running late but better late than never.

  • Author

No problem Guru for some reason I seem more busy this year as well. I posted these as well because most people are curious by now.

Our rankings will probably be released tomorrow. We know we are running late but better late than never.

 

I had completely forgot that BGP runs a preseason poll. I was thinking you guys didn't produce until after week 1. This is definitely good news!

When does the rankings usually come out for the pre-season or season since I think it starts this week for some.

 

MaxPreps has Highlands #1 in state and 5A

 

Highlands #1 overall

Owensboro #7

Christian Co #10

Johnson Central #13

Dixie Heights #21

John Hardin #22

Whitley Co #28

Bowling Green #32

Ashland Blazer #36

Hopkinsville #41

 

This is the 5A top 10 based on Maxpreps the number out beside is the teams state rank.

 

Will Owensboro really be that strong? Rated above Johnson Central?

By the way, the Herald's preseason rankings were out on Sunday.

 

The Courier is supposed to come out tomorrow.

 

I don't believe the AP releases a poll until after week 1.

I had completely forgot that BGP runs a preseason poll. I was thinking you guys didn't produce until after week 1. This is definitely good news!

Oh yes, it will be out, and it's going to be interesting. You, and everyone else, will want to see it.

No problem Guru for some reason I seem more busy this year as well. I posted these as well because most people are curious by now.

 

We had the perfect storm this preseason but we are armed and ready for battle now which should be evident because we brought Birdsfan back on board to rule with an iron first! :bunny:

  • Author
Will Owensboro really be that strong? Rated above Johnson Central?

 

I would have to say yes! Owensboro is so fast this year. They may not be able to beat Highlands who knows until it happens but they are really good did not lose any off the line.

 

They also play 3 of the teams listed including BG as well this season.

Edited by wcj800
spelling

  • Author
We had the perfect storm this preseason but we are armed and ready for battle now which should be evident because we brought Birdsfan back on board to rule with an iron first! :bunny:

 

Not that guy he always questions my thinking about Owensboro. I don't know if we get there this year but the stars may be aligned if we can win our district and host all the way in the playoffs.

We had the perfect storm this preseason but we are armed and ready for battle now which should be evident because we brought Birdsfan back on board to rule with an iron first! :bunny:

 

:eek:

When does the rankings usually come out for the pre-season or season since I think it starts this week for some.

 

MaxPreps has Highlands #1 in state and 5A

 

Highlands #1 overall

Owensboro #7

Christian Co #10

Johnson Central #13

Dixie Heights #21

John Hardin #22

Whitley Co #28

Bowling Green #32

Ashland Blazer #36

Hopkinsville #41

 

This is the 5A top 10 based on Maxpreps the number out beside is the teams state rank.

 

This came from the MaxPreps office in Hazard, KY, right?? :rolleyes:

 

Sorry - I don't give the MaxPreps guys much credit. As hard as it is for Kentucky folks to keep up with all the KY teams - any honest soul in Paducah really want to claim expertise regarding Johnson Central, Bell County, Harlan County, Raceland, and Ashland??? (and vice-versa?) - the idea that MaxPreps has a clue is difficult to believe... :lol:

Max Preps must have put Highlands on top and pulled the rest out of a hat.

 

I agree with colonel Mike.

I know Highlands is a great team, but I have a hard time believing that they should be ranked above Trinity of St. X.

Max Preps must have put Highlands on top and pulled the rest out of a hat.

I agree with colonel Mike.

 

Max Preps has Ft. Campbell #5 in the state

 

1) Back to Back 2A Champs

2) Only lost 6 starters from last year

3) Mr Football candidate Antonio Andrews at QB

4) The football team won the State Track & Field Championship last May in Louisville, just for fun.

5) FC defeated the #12 ranked team in the Nation at the Vanderbilt 7 on 7 last month. (Memphis University High School)

6) FC defeated 5A runner-up Christian County in the FC Jamboree last Friday night. (19-0) The game would have gotten out of hand if FC would have had another half to stack points on the scoreboard.

 

Maybe, just maybe, FC is pretty close to top 5 at least top 10.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.